Monday, 15 June 2015

Welcome to the start of another week

Morning all,

Before Sarn hit my place she said she had never produced a canvas - so, bit of a challenge then! I obtained a pack of three small canvases - small is less daunting first time around! So, another project from my full on craft day with Sarn ... the canvas. 



Materials used:
  • A6 pre gesso'd canvas
  • Plaid metallic bronze, Fresco pansy and orchid paints - brayered on, giving a rustic background
  • Bleeding Art Tissue circles in purple, orange and lemon
  • Water and paintbrush to apply the B.A.T.
  • Tweezers (to remove the B.A.T. - it stains anything it touches!)
  • Penny Black "Iris" image stamped using Versamark ink before applying pan pastel in bronze
  • Hampton Art sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Using a bottle top I added circles using lunalites burgundy iridescent paint and also some random lines drawn by dragging a credit card through the paint. I repeated the same process using the pansy and orchid inks too
  • Crystal stickles applied to some of the circles using a finger ... to give it some twinkle!

I'm still not QUITE convinced that it's finished but, art's like that ... I can always return to it - should I feel the urge!

I'll be entering this for the following challenge:-

  1. Stampin' Royalty - challenge No. 281 - ANYTHING BUT A CARD



In the meantime, I've continued to gesso and stencil the mirror and hope to share that with you all quite soon. I have also been making tags and things whilst waiting for things to dry and I have one of those projects to share too ...





My tag
And a closer view of the detail

Materials used:

  • White luggage tag - 120 x 60mm
  • Kaisercraft numbers image stamped using Versamark ink before applying pan pastels in bronze, gold and pewter
  • Kaisercraft mini grid image stamped off once but stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Visible image border from the fab C.S. free mini flourish stamped around the outer edge using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Visible Image INKognito flower stamped (first using Ranger Archival but the impression was a very lacklustre grey which just looked like a piece of background) using Versafine onyx black ink - MUCH better! I stamped the stem with the Versafine first! Smart me, learnt from my mistake!
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine used to seal the pan pastels



I'll be entering this tag for the following challenges:-


  1. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 150 - IN THE GARDEN. ...... well, flowers grow in the garden - I hope I'm not being too lateral!
  2. Sister Act - challenge No. 110 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 93 - USE YOUR STASH - those pan pastels don't come out anywhere near often enough!
  4. Mod Squad - I AM TAGGING YOU (make a tag)

Had a lovely surprise yesterday, a pal rang me to say they'd a table booked at a restauarant half way between the two of us and did we fancy joining them .... OH YEAH! Nice evening and a very nice meal too. They're just back from a week in Austria so had some lovely pix to share.


I've also ordered some micro glaze to make my D.I. (and other things) waterproof, should be arriving today so I can't wait to try it ..... watch this space



Have a great week peeps

6 comments:

LesleyG said...

Love the canvas, and the tag too.....you two were really busy! So glad you list the ingredients, I didn't see the numbers at first, and it really helps in seeing all the steps. Can't wait to see the mirror.......and glaze , that's new to me too! Xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Gosh a-mighty you two WERE busy weren't you. No wonder you were exhausted :oD Love your canvas and I know I shouldn't have favourites but the tag wins for me hands down today, mainly because I LOVE that gorgeous flower and it looks so great with the numbers. It's fab! I can't help feeling you'll do really well with your challenges.

Lx

Sue - said...

Gosh Kathy you have been busy! Lovely canvas and tag!

Loll said...

Love our canvas. The BAT really worked well on that. I have not done a canvas yet either. Have bought some small ones and they are sitting in a drawer. Need to pull them out. Wanted to see if brushos might work on them. Love experimenting on cards ... just need to transfer that to canvas. I'll get there! Your canvases are inspiring me! xx

JoanieMc said...

Great creations. I love the tag. Thanks for joining the Brown Sugar Challenge.

Hugs
Joanie DT

SARN said...

You are VERY inspiring Kathy. I loved seeing how you did the B.A.T. on your canvas, and how you started off inking it with your brayer. I really should've got you to try out Gesso bubbles . . . feel I've let the technique-sharing side down!

LOVE that quote stamp . . . and, er, just about EVERY stamp set you have (and there are a few!).

That is one FABULOUS tag too. Talk about PERFECT.

Hugs, Sarn xxx