Friday, 12 June 2015

Welcome to the start of the weekend!!!

Morning all,


Exciting day in the offing today ... I'm having a play date with Sarn of Stampingforpleasure .... we've been blog and e-mail buddy's for some little while now but this will be the first time we've had the opportunity to meet up and craft together!! We had dinner together last night and that went well so ..... I'm going out on a limb and saying that there WILL be crafting aplenty and, no doubt, lots of chat, technique sharing and (hopefully) laughter!! I have NO IDEA where the evening went but we dropped them back at their hotel and ..... went home to bed! Busy day today!


I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is just a drive by post from me this morning so, I'll get on with sharing today's makes and get back to my play session!




And a closer view of the stamping and glittering!
Materials used:
  • Luggage tag (120 x 60mm)
  • Distress Inks: festive berries, barn door and aged mahogany, applied to tag using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
  • Fiskars sentiment and small star (from the "twas the night before Christmas" set of clear stamps) inked using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Visible Image star (from the Universal set of clear stamps) stamped twice using Memento rhubarb stalk ink
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
I'll be entering this tag for the following challenges:-
  1. Craftbubble2½' Craft Mad and Loving It Group's Rudolph Day challenge (membership required) - SENTIMENTAL (i.e. make the sentiment the focus)
  2. Merry Monday - challenge No. 162 - TAG, YOU'RE IT! (MUST be Christmas)
  3. Craft My Life - June challenge - ANYTHING GOES but NO cards
  4. Addicted to Stamps and More - challenge No. 148 - HOLIDAY

Mind you, I also managed another tag - I am loving this size - so easy!





I know this is before the dries clear glue dried but it shows the fab shine of
those pan pastels ... I just felt the image need a little something extra though ....
hence breaking out the broken glass image!
Materials used:

  • White luggage tag 120 x 60mm
  • Distress Inks in: bundled sage, shabby shutters, crushed olive
  • Visible Image mini Flourish (Craft Stamper freebie) stamped around the edges using bundled sage and shabby shutters
  • Visible Image sentiment (from Time after Time set) stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Visible Image brickwork image stamped using the crushed olive ink
  • Visible Image thumb print (from drag and drip) stamped using Memento bamboo leaves
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Versacolour gold ink
  • Hobbycutz butterfly shape to which I applied Versamark ink and then metallic pan pastels in pewter, bronze and bright gold 
  • Visible Image shattered glass image (from the Time after Time set) stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine used to set the pan pastels and the water based inks


I shall be entering this tag for the following challenges:-

  1. DragonsDream - Tag It On - challenge No. 193 - GREEN and a SENTIMENT
  2. Stampin Royalty - challenge No. 281 - ANYTHING BUT A CARD
  3. Stampotique - challenge No. 199 - SHIMMER AND SHINE
  4. Inky Chicks - challenge No. 52 - BUTTERFLIES
  5. WeLovetoCreate (Pan Pastels) - challenge No. 12 - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA


Of course, in preparation for my visit from Sarn, I did dash around with a duster and a vacuum, even cleaning the glass coffee table .... in a vain attempt to prove I don't spend all my time either on the computer or crafting!. Had a visitor (AFTER that particular chore was done) and then the table needed cleaning again .... but he's so beautiful how can you be mad at a face like this?



The mighty Riddick .... at this point that tongue was under control and the table STILL CLEAN!


And now for the Friday Funny, brought to you this week by ScrappyJacky ... so you can all blame her for the groan!!!! You're in the draw Jacky!




One of the problems of getting old _____ 

Terrorism High Alert Causing Me Problems ......

When I was at the checkout and ready to pay for my groceries the cashier shouted, "Strip down, facing me."

Making a mental note so I could complain to my local MP about this security rubbish, I did just as she had instructed. After the shrieking and hysterical remarks finally subsided, I found out that she was referring to how I should position my bank card!.

Nonetheless, I've been asked to shop elsewhere in the future. They need to make their instructions a little clearer for seniors. I hate this getting older stuff!!!!!!!!! - don't you?


Have a great weekend

21 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Giggling at the funny today, now I am 69, perhaps I'll be officially thought of as 'feeble' and do the same thing, LOL.

Kathi said...

Great tags! Enjoy your creative time with your friend.

Thank you for playing along with my challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

Di said...

Great funny Kathy! And super tags too.

Have a fun time with Sarn today :-)

Hugs

Di xx

Lilian said...

Great Tags Kathy.
F F really good. Have a fab time with your friend.
Hugs
lilian

Tanja said...

love your Christmas tag - thanks for joining us at ATSM this week

scrappyjacky said...

Love the funny....and that great christmas tag.

Annie said...

The moral of the funny is to think and maybe even question before you act! LoL so funny. I love both your tags! The red and green colors are so pretty. I like how you've added to the butterfly with the marblish lines and the tag background design is awesome.

SARN said...

. . . and didn't we have a fab crafty time today . . . it was great fun & we got lots accomplished. Thanks sooo much.

Your pretty butterfly tag looks even better IRL.

Big hugs, Sarn x

Becca Cruger said...

Who are we kidding... crafting and computers are the best anyways - and that doggie is downright adorable! I just want to PET him!! As for your tags, I LOVE the vibrant colors!

Hettie said...

I do hope you haven't tired Sandra out too much....I get to play with her tomorrow - but only in the friendly tense!!

Lovely tags there.

Your four-legged friend looks gorgeous. Did you really do housework for Sandra? Blinkin eck....better get the duster out then!! Haa Haa! Already done.

Very good funny!
xx

Debs M said...

great makes, hope you had a great day x

Debbie Henderson said...

Both tags are equally pretty. Love the simplicity of the Merry Monday tag and how you added some bling to it! Thanks for playing Merry Monday!

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty tags. Love the bling on the Merry Monday tag. Thank you for joining us.

Jackie said...

Pan pastels can give a lovely shine !
Thank you for joining us at the SDC blog

cm said...

Isn't meeting up with blogging friends a treat? Sounds you like an excellent time with Sarn. Your tags are both gorgeous! You've paired sentiments, elements and colours perfectly! The shimmery red of the first, and the pretty butterfly of the second are highlights. Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
~c

Claudine Criner said...

Pretty tag, love the butterfly. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampotique

Wei Wei Wang said...

Both tags are pretty! Love the amazing inking! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

Julie Ann Lee said...

Great tags. I love your green, butterfly one. Thank you for dreaming with the Dragons xxx.

catherine said...

Great tag Kathy for our Dragons Dream challenge and love the butterfly. thanks for joining us
x catherine

Rein said...

Pretty tag, love the butterfly.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Sorry for being late in commenting. Your tag looks wonderful, love the butterfly. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On.