Wednesday, 10 June 2015

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Hi peeps,

Me again .... bit of a crafting drought this week, as you've probably noticed since my last post was Sunday! Been busy being sociable but hey ..... it was time to fit in some crafting!

What have I been doing? Well on Monday I caught up with a pal I've known since primary school .... she's about to go off to Greece on vacation - I've never been so I'll be interested in her trip advisor report! Tuesday it was off to visit my aunt and uncle - quick before they move to Birmingham in July! Tuesday evening I was meeting up with a pal I met at my first ever job - blimey, we've known each other a while then! So, you can probably see why crafting took a bit of a back seat since the weekend but ...... we had a lovely evening, putting the World to rights over a Peroni (me) and a local cider for her ..... we had a laugh (as we always do) and the time just FLEW! She revealed (a little sheepishly) that she had stepped over my birthday present (cunningly placed by the door so she wouldn't forget it!) but hey, who HASN'T had one of those senior moments?!?!??!

I do at least have something to share with you ..... I seem to be stuck in a bit of a tag rut this past week and, never one NOT to flog an idea, here's ANOTHER ONE! A friend of mine recommended some luggage tags (available pretty cheaply from AMA**N), waaaaaaaaaay cheaper than I was buying them for) - they arrived a day or so ago - they were smaller than I expected (guess I'm still not in the metric ZONE!) but she said I would get used to them so .......

My tag
A close up of the dictionary print
Right I think I've got the bits assembled


At the layout stage

Materials used:
  • 120 x 60mm white luggage tag, colour with Distress Ink in black soot, applied with a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
  • Stampers Anonymous checker image also stamped with the black soot ink all over the tag
  • Kaisercraft dictionary definition image stamped randomly over tag using Colorbox white ink
  • Snippet of Kraft card edged on one side using a Martha Stewart edging punch and then coloured with the excess ink from the blending tool
  • Kaisercraft dictionary definition image stamped over the panel using Distress Ink in vintage photo
  • Narrow black organza ribbon tied in a knot to the top of the Kraft panel
  • Paper Artsy starlet image stamped on to white card snippet using Ranger Archival jet black ink and then the whiteness dulled down with Distress Ink in antique linen
  • Pearl pin (courtesy of pal Karen of OpalCrafts)

You know what? She was RIGHT! I think I'm going to like this size AND they're not too big to use as gift tags too - just as well since I took delivery of 250! 

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Craftbubble2½ group Craft Mad and Loving It (membership required) -  BOOKS and/or PAGES
  2. Lovetocreate - challenge No. 12 - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES
  3. Stamping Sensations - June Challenge - DIES and/or PUNCHES
  4. Sweet Pea Stamps - June Challenge - DIES and/or PUNCHES

And this is just plain ADORABLE! Watch till the end - I'd hate you too miss the last bit!





Since it IS WOYWDW - here's a sneak peek at the mess that is my work desk! Should I tidy? Well my husband says that a cluttered desk is a sign of genius which must, surely, mean I'm super smart then - NAH!!!!




Happy Wednesday .... please join me in wishing my pals Alan and Mary and blog buddy LesleyT a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY today

10 comments:

brenda said...

A great image and tag Kathy and god use of your dies and punches.

It's lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations challenge, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Lilian said...

Love the tag kathy. The bears are so funny . hugs lilian

Debs M said...

fabulous tag and a super desk! Hubby is right! x

SARN said...

Oh noooo . . . that makes me a dunce then according to Hubby's theory! LOL!

Loving the look of your multi media tag. 250!!!! That's gonna be a lot of tag posts then!!!

Yep . . . just 1 more sleep.

In the meantime . . . Happy WOYWW.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Thank you for the Birthday Wishes, Kathy. Got up to a glorious sunny day, a real treat, after last week.

You did well with your tag even if it was a bit smaller than you thought.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great tag Mrs. Have a great day. Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Small....but perfectly formed....love them.

Viv's Visuals said...

Fab tag Kathy! Thanks for joining in this month at Stamping Sensations!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely tag, love how you have added the focal image to a star. Lovely piece. Thanks so much for joining in the Love to Create challenge. Tracy x

Gerrina said...

A beautiful tag! Like the grunge-vintage style you used! Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations!