Friday, 31 July 2015

Another Friday ..... don't worry, tomorrow it will be AUGUST!!!

Morning readers

Well, what started off as a totally empty week in the diary has turned in to something considerably less empty, what with heading out to dinner with friends (twice), visiting relative and crafting my little socks off ... they're on the floor beside me as I type!!! lol!

Anyway, I have more crafting to share with you this find morning .... and FINALLY, the chance to use the Inktense blocks once more .... I was given these by a generous pal a while back. I used them in the beginning but ran out of inspiration. It would appear that I had forgotten just how fab they are but now .... I REMEMBER!!! Brilliant on fabric!



The front of my project
The back of my project

Materials used:-

  • White cotton (mine was an odd pillow case - heaven knows where it's pair is!)
  • Inktense blocks
  • Various stamps (IndigoBlu, Inkadinkado, Visible Image)
  • Various inks (Ranger Archival in jet black, watering can, cobalt blue, sepia)
  • Buttons and thread
  • Sewing machine to sew panels
  • Embroidery hoop - gesso'd and then painted with Deco Art metallic purple paint



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Welove2create  (pan pastels) - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
  2. Altered Eclectics - July challenge - Always ANYTHING GOES ... in a previous life the above project was a white pillow case and a natural wood embroidery hoop!
  3. Crafts Galore - July challenge - USE A STAMP
  4. Crafters Cafe - challenge No. 127 - USE SOME BUTTONS ... there are SIX
  5. Addicted to stamps and More - challenge No. 155 - PHOTO INSPIRATION .. I have used reds, yellows, greens, orange - all colours in the photo

 


There was even a little fabric left over from this piece




Which I thought I would turn in to a bonus ATC project ... which I will enter for the following challenge:
  1. Mixed media - challenge No. 14 - SUMMER DAYS - well, summer colours for sure! .... the ATC below is entered for this challenge ... sunshine and smiles!





Materials used:

  • Fabric left over from the above project
  • Fiskars sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink


And now for the Friday Funny..... called the Boating Lake - an oldie but goldie

New employee at the boating lake shouts "Come in number 9, come in number 9, your time is up" .... only to have a colleague whisper in his ear ..... "we don't have a boat number 9"

New employee shouts "Number 6, are you in trouble?"




And, continuing in the same schoolboy humour vein .... my cousin Debra sent me this one ......


Thirty cows in a field, twenty eight chickens how many didn't?? .... think about it! ... EDITED: try reading it out loud

AND (I'm almost sorry about this one!)

An Egyptian mummy has been found and dug up in Egypt ... It was covered in chocolate and nuts ........... They're naming it ..... Pharaoh Rocher.... (you may groan now!)

Have a great weekend

9 comments:

Barb said...

It's looks really great Kathy. I've got the Inktense pencils but not seen the blocks before. Fantastic ATC. That's very different. I've read the cows in the field ... several times and I just can't get it. I'm up early today and my mind obviously isn't into gear yet! Barbxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

It's not just you Barb; I don't get it either. Clearly need more caffeine. Lovely projects Kathy. Have a great weekend.

Lx

Lilian said...

Good I amm glad I am not the only one who does not get it,
love what you have done with the hoop Kathy, great spring colours Very great Atc Kathy.

Hugs
lilian

My name is Wynneth said...

I so love your hoop project kathy, it looks so fabulous, brilliant colour choices as the purple hoop sets the whole thing off perfectly. Sadly I don't have Inktense blocks so need an alternative colouring option to try on fabric. What a brilliant effect you achieved with the stamps you used, just wonderful matey.

What a sweet ATC with the leftover scraps too, you are such a clever girl !

FFs made me smile, haven't heard the boating one in a while ;0).

Have a great Friday.

Luv
Wynneth
X

SARN said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of your fabric art Kathy.

Thanks for the FFs! Made me chuckle.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful hoop art. Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics July Challenge.

Donna B. said...

Such a fun project. I love that you used the embroidery hoop! Please note our new rules ask that you link to no more than 5 challenges including ours. Thanks for playing at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Kathyk said...

FYI - The hooped project has been entered for 5 challenges and the ATC for one

Kathyk

Gale said...

Beautiful project Kathy. I love the colors and design. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe in our "Add a Button Challenge" and we hope to see you again soon. Gale DT