Sunday, 12 July 2015

Lazy Sunday morning again .... a lie-in? I think not!

Morning all,

Sorry for being AWOL yesterday, in case you stopped by to look at my entry for Simply Less Is More  - you didn't miss it, I didn't get round to it!!

And why not? I hear you cry .... well, that would be because my pal, Lilian, and I were at a workshop hosted by Barbara Daines. We were primarily covering brushos but we also squeezed in some work with Bleeding Art Tissue ....

Chris, Kathryn (sp?), Bev, Jean, Barbara, Sylvia, Josephine, Lucinda

My messy work station

Our B.A.T. cards

Our B.A.T. canvases - always interesting to see JUST how differently
everyone's piece turns out despite starting from the same point!

My B.A.T tag (L) and brusho tag (R)
My brusho and B.A.T. backgrounds

The photo doesn't do it justice but the image is the same as my
pink tag above - it's clear embossed on to black card - tricky
to photograph at the best of times!

My hexagonal card using a B.A.T. background (snippet leftover is in the
photo below my two tags

Strangely enough, I never quite got round to turning any of my brusho backgrounds in to anything - now there's a job for later!

Anyhoo, I thought I should share my Simply Less Is More make with you this morning instead and hope you will all forgive me!

My card

A close up of the image panel
My card inside and matching envelope

Materials used:

  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Acid Drops and Whatnots "Algernon" stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Brusho in scarlet used water colour style to colour his waistcoat and handkerchief
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using Memento London fog ink
  • Kaisercraft mini grid image stamped partially and randomly using Memento rhubarb stalk ink
  • Crystal stickles used to highlight

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 232 - MASCULINE and it's the dreaded One Layer Card week too, so don't say you haven't been warned!
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 87 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Sister Act - challenge NO. 114 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Wags n' Whiskers - challenge No. 158 - BIRTHDAY
  5. Happy Little Stampers - July CAS challenge - STAMPING

Enjoy your Sunday peeps



22 comments:

LesleyG said...

Wow, you have been busy and very creative too! TFS xxx

Hannelie said...

That guy has some attitude!
Awesome CAS design Kathy!

Di said...

Beautiful work Kathy!

Crying with laughter here though, I used the same stamp set for my LIM entry. Even wrote in the post, scheduled for Tuesday, that I hoped you wouldn't use your set!! Now, do I go ahead and publish as no time to make another. Serves me right for not hitting publish when you were away playing yesterday :-)

Hugs

Di xx

SARN said...

Looks like a really fun workshop to go to and the results are BRILLIANT.

Great looking LIM card too.

Happy Sunday.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

Great makes from the workshop! x

Maaike Uijthoven said...

you old smoothie now that's funny, great card, well done

scrappyjacky said...

Looks like a great workshop.

Skye said...

Super card. Just love the image and sentimetnt. Nice background touches.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

WOW! You have been busy Kathy! Loving those tags and that girl singer. the look on the 'smoothies' face is priceless! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers CAS! Hazel xx

Lynne said...

Fab makes Kathy.
Lynne xxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Looks like you've been enjoying some fun and inky time Kathy.
Great work and as always you show loads of inspiration in your posts.
Love your classy image for the LIM challenge. That's one very proud waiter and a fabulous take on the challenge.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Chrissie said...

I apologise for my lack of comments over the past couple of weeks, but I'm now back from my cruise and ready for visiting once more!
This is a great post Kathy, I love those Acid Drops images, they are such fun!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Loll said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun at your workshop. Such beautiful canvases, tags, and backgrounds from both brushos and BAT. Love your one layer masculine card .. awesome design. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Bonnie said...

Looks like a fun time, Kathy! Love the results! Also love your debonair Mr. on this fab one layer card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge!

Susanne said...

Oh that looks like lots of fun crafting. Love Mr. Smooth there.

Carole Dion said...

Lovely card ! Your stamp is fabulous !!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act, good luck!!! Amy DT

Susan said...

Looks like you've really been busy...and having a lot of fun! Love your OL card....great stamp!

Neets B said...

Thanks for sharing your makes from your crafty workshop, they look wonderful. And what a fab one layer card, great image and sentiment.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Neets B said...

...thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers too this month! x

Anne said...

Looks like you had a fab day with Barbara, do you know who makes the sixties/seventies girl stamp by any chance Kathy?
Algernon makes a fab guy card doesn't he!
Thank you for joining us for one layer week
Anne
Less is More

Susan Renshaw said...

Loved reading all the info in your blog! And your CAS card is just super! Thanks for sharing with Creative Fingers!