Monday, 13 July 2015

Mellow Mondays .......

Morning all,

Have a question to ask you all .... you recall how I swap materials for ATC's with a buddy on the Isle of Skye (no, that's NOT the question)? I received my latest materials and my question is .... what on earth to do with them? Here they are .....

Incoming materials received, fan from a magazine, oriental outfit on acetate
and a square floral sticker

Now these challenge materials had me stumped so I figured I would leave them to one side and go do something else ........ so, what did I make? FINALLY, a Christmas card, honestly, I am soooooooo behind with my 2015 quota despite my best efforts but I DO have one to share today - it might be a suitable batch make should I find myself in November and STILL waaaay behind!

My Christmas card
And a close up to show the glitter

And its co-ordinating inside and envelope

Materials used:

  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Stamplorations splatter frame stamped using Memento pear tart ink
  • Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Stamplorations Christmas tree stamped using Adirondack bottle ink
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
  • Judikins micro glaze applied to protect the water based inks in transit


I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:

  1. Happy Little Stampers - JULY Christmas challenge - TREE
  2. Aloha Friday - challenge No. 51 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  3. Simply Create Too - challenge No. 89 - GET AHEAD FOR CHRISTMAS
  4. Christmas Stamping All Year Round - challenge No. 50 - SNOW OR GLITTER ..... I went with a lot of glitter (glue)
  5. Sweet Stampin' Challenge - JULY challenge - CHRISTMAS IN JULY

At least that's one more to add to the pile for 2015! Yee Haa!

Have a great week

12 comments:

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy. You could alway batch them and help catch up on your makes. As for the swap thats is a difficult one.
Hugs
lilian

SARN said...

Lovely and glitzy . . . definitely good for batch baking! xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Christmas card would be def. good for quantities. As for your ATC goodies, I'd be stumped too.

Loll said...

LOVE the bright green and sparkle of this pretty tree, Kathy! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Debs M said...

love the glitzy crimble card! Good luck with the swap - that's a tricky one! x

Debs M said...

love the glitzy crimble card! Good luck with the swap - that's a tricky one! x

Debbie said...

Thank you for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin' with your lovely card. Debbiex

Michelle N. said...

I love the CAS design of your card-great for batch making! Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bee Designs Christmas in July challenge!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

A brilliant elegant CAS design. Thanks for playing along with the Sweet Stampin' crew for our 'Christmas in July' challenge. Look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creations. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

MaryH said...

Kathy, this would be a fabulous card to assembly line produce for a lot of Christmas cards. It's sparkling, nice & CAS, and has your signature style of gorgeous! Will be interested to see what goodies you turn out with the swap items! TFS & thanks for playing in the HLS 1st Christmas Challenge. Hugs

LesLee said...

What a cute little card. I love how the ink splatter almost looks like a tree skirt.... and that sparkly tree is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers. LesLee xx

Cely said...

perfect cas designs! Thanks for joining us this fortnight for our Christmas in July challenge at Kitty Bee Designs!