Being July 4th I couldn't help but work with stars and stripes in red, white and blue .... without further ado .... here is my CAS make for this fab challenge ...
|A close up view of my image panel and it's stars, stripes and red/white/blue colour scheme|
|The co-ordinating insert and envelope, again with the red and blue ... the white being|
the insert and envelope!
|My idea concept drawing and materials|
- 15cm square white, 250 gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- 14cm square white card panel, edged with Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
- 7cm square white card snippet on to white I stamped the Paper Artsy distress line (Hot Picks Extra 01) image using Versacolour white pigment ink, white embossing powder and then heat embossed these lines
- Using Distress Inks in broken china, salty ocean and stormy skies I coloured the white card panel using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
- Stampers Anonymous (bitty grunge) distressed star (small) stamped randomly using Distress Ink aged mahogany
- On to a separate white card snippet I stamped the Hero Arts large star and close cut out before matting using dimensional foam tape
- I then matted on to first burgundy and then blue DCWV linen effect card and cut my borders using a 1/16" perfect layering ruler
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to the image panel, to protect the water based colour
- Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 231 - RED, WHITE and BLUE
- Brown Sugar - challenge No. 153 - RED, WHITE and BLUE
- Crafts4Eternity - challenge No. 233 - RED, WHITE and BLUE
- Seize the Birthday - RED, WHITE and BLUE
- Inkspirational - challenge No. 86 - GRUNGE ..... earthy colours/distressed lines/textured background - P
Have a great Saturday ... I WILL be back tomorrow with more pix and hopefully more makes as I have crafting pals visiting! . . . . . so, watch this space! Here's how the place looked yesterday, before they arrived!
And here's what I have in mind for us to make ..... if we're not too busy chatting!
|MDF doorhanger, acrylic album and an MDF coaster set and storage box|
|Yes, it got messier!|