How was your fourth of July?
I've had the privilege of hosting a mini craftathon at my home this weekend, Cherry and Debs have been with me since Friday afternoon and we've had a blast! I had bought a set of MDF coasters, a door hanger and a clear acrylic album to work on, with tags if we ran out of time. Both Cherry and Debs have been so very busy of late that they were particularly looking forward to the end of the crafting drought!!! Weird though it seemed, we sort of sat staring at our projects for a little while before we could actually get ourselves motivated but, once rolling it just sort of gathered momentum and we could hardly stop ourselves. It never ceases to amaze me how we can start from the same point and with the same materials and yet how VERY differently the projects turn out ......
|And we're off again!|
|My makes for the weekend|
|Our collective makes|
- One door hanger blank
- Emphemera (flowers, leaves, beads, mini keys, MDF frame, beads) stuck down with modelling paste and gloss gel medium and left to dry overnight.
- Deco Art metallic purple paint applied to the entire tag (2 coats)
- Iridescent yellow green acrylic paint "dry brushed" over the purple paint
- Treasure Gold (amethyst) applied over (to highlight) using a finger
- Amy Wilson sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Faux crystal gemstones to finish the DIVA-esque door hanger!
- Craft Stamper - Make It Take It July challenge - ANYTHING GOES but USE A STAMP
- Craftbubble 2½ (Membership required), Craft Mad & Loving It quarterly challenge - FLOWER/S
- That Craft Place - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES
- Anything but a card - challenge No. 49 - ANYTHING GOES