Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Tuesday? An unusual day for me to post but .........

Morning all,

I know, I know, I don't USUALLY post on a Tuesday but ...... I wanted to share the ATC I made using the materials received from my Isle of Skye swap buddy. When they arrived I was completely (and I mean COMPLETELY) stumped with them .... in fact, I simply sat on them for a couple of days.



Materials added:
  • ATC blank
  • Azure card snippet on to which I stamped the oriental script (by All Night Media) using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Jolly Nation oriental figure stamped on to a white card snippet using Ranger Archival watering can ink - I just used the head, if you look very carefully you can see the azure card where they didn't join perfectly but .... it WAS pretty close!
  • Alcohol markers to colour image and highlighted with glitter pen - though this does NOT show in the photo (it's on the spines of the umbrella and flowers in the hair)
  • Once the fan and figure were in place I stamped the foliage image (by Dimension Forth) using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • You guessed it .... the sticker? Well, using my crop-a-dile I punched out the flowers and stuck on around the foliage - I couldn't really see how to incorporate it otherwise!
  • Finally, I edged the ATC using the cobalt blue ink


I'll be entering this snippet ATC over at PixiesCraftyWorkshop where Di runs a weekly SNIPPET challenge.

Forgotten what arrived? Well here they are again .... interested to hear what YOU would have done with them.



Right, now, it's my turn to send out some materials to Pam and this is what I'm sending .... In case she doesn't want to use the stamped tissue I've cheated a bit and used the same stamped image on the envelope so she has flexibility!!! I'm hoping she won't be as stumped with my materials as I was with hers!!!


Blue card (larger than ATC size), stamped image on white card, image stamped
twice on to tissue paper and then on to the envelope (for flexibility!)


On a brighter note ...... my hubby dragged me to the mall yesterday! No, NOT shopping but Shaun hunting.  We found a few, which I'll share today and for the remainder of this week .... of course, we MAY go out again since there are about 120 Shaun's dotted around!



Fab-EWE-lous!

Note the bejewelled bees

BEE-Dazzled


No idea what I'm BLEATING on about (pun intended)? Check out the link
here.

Happy Tuesday, back tomorrow with my usual WOYWDW post .... until then - HAPPY CRAFTING!

7 comments:

Sue - said...

Brilliant job Kathy!! I'd have been stumped too!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well you certainly rose to the challenge. Thanks for sharing the Shaun the Sheep pics too. Lx

scrappyjacky said...

You've done a great job....something a little bit different.

Di said...

Wonderful ATC there Kathy - I'd just have run away in sheer horror, you did brilliantly!

Love seeing Shaun - some real imagination going on there.

Hugs

Di xx

SARN said...

Oh, that is just LOVELY Kathy . . . well done that woman! *Cough*

xxx

Clare Lloyd said...

Well done on finding a way forward with your ATC.

MaryH said...

Whoo Hoo. Saw this bits earlier, and then just caught your snippety make with these. How clever you are, and how cute this card turned out. You have a terrific & creative imagination! Well done! (and I had no CLUE as to what Shaun hunting was, so thanks for the piccies!). TFS & Hugs