Friday, 10 July 2015

Welcome to the weekend, and the Friday Funny

Morning all,

Some of you may have noticed I've been a bit AWOL this week ..... there are a couple of reasons for this ... I was super busy last weekend so Monday passed in a blur of catching up on the domestic chores which (naturally) took a back seat whilst I was enjoying the company of Cherry and Debs! and the other reason was that I was packing!!! Yes, packing ....... the Hubster and I have spent a couple of days in Blackpool, visiting friends. Sadly, the weather was less than perfect ..... other than for our journey HOME yesterday! Hmmmmf! Because of the tremendous winds and the rain my camera pretty much stayed in the comfort and safety of my bag!!! However, I do have one photo to share with you, of my pal and I looking like we don't give a fig about the weather and another to show you some stash acquired whilst I was away ... best I get that inky real soon



Don't we look happier than the description of the weather might have indicated? And now for the stash haul ... not a big haul but yumscrumptious (!?!?!?)




Before we went away I had made seven cards for a ten card commission so .... now I hear my aunt and uncle may be moving sooner rather than later, I thought I should crack on with the last few. My aunt picked out two designs she liked (both featuring the same image and picked a sentiment from a different card) and asked that I make a variety of colours ...... here are the results....


Five of ten

The other five, to complete the ten!

 



Materials used:

  • 300gsm cards: C6 white, with scallop edges, DL cream, C5 white with scallop edges - all supplied with co-ordinating sized and stamped envelopes
  • Snippets of card on to which I stamped a Penny Black Iris image using Ranger Archival ink in either, jet black, cobalt blue or watering can
  • Kaisercraft sentiment stamped using the same inks and die cut in to circles
  • Kaisercraft old script stamped using Memento tangelo, London fog or Mediterranean blue
  • Snippets of plain and patterned card for matting and layering - in blue, orange, lavender and black
  • Martha Stewart edging punch
  • Crystal stickles to highlight


I'll be entering the above projects for the following challenges:-

  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 184 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE
  2. Penny's challenge - challenge No. 234 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Create and Inspire - challenge No. 25 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. CASology - challenge No. 154 - REPEAT ... CAS and quick to repeat ... well I think so, since I made a batch of each!


Now , since it IS Friday that means it's time for the Friday Funny which comes at you this week courtesy of Jacky and particularly appropriate given the weather we endured earlier this week .... ENJOY!


Wife texts husband on a cold winter's morning;  
"Windows frozen - won't open”
 Husband texts back;
"Gently pour some lukewarm water over it."
Wife texts back 5 minutes later;
"Computer really fu**ed now."


It's an oldie but goldie!!!

Have a great weekend ...... I won't be about tomorrow either (GADABOUT!) as I shall be at a workshop with another pal, Lilian, hosted by Barbara Daines - not entirely sure what we're doing but have been assured it will be INKY and that it will involve Brusho's!!! Works for me!


9 comments:

Di said...

Some great snippet busting there Kathy! Enjoy your Brushos day!

Hugs

Di xx

Lesley Thomas said...

Is that a new splat stamp I see in that stash? Love your variations set of cards for commission, and loved to see the animated card stand you have there!

funny Friday then I would have had to do it all again! (and I hadn't heard it before).

Lauren Hatwell said...

ROFL - LOVE the Friday Funny.

Great pics. Loving the new stash acquisitions and your cards are great! What a lovely way for your aunt to tell everyone she's moved. I wish them every happiness in their new home. Lx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great to have you back Kathy! Shame the weather wasn't better for you! You and your friend look happy enough though . . . who needs sunshine when you have good friends eh? Love that card set, and love that 'funny' ;) Hazel xx

SARN said...

Brilliant commissioned cards Kathy. Just right.

Loved the FF even though I'd heard it before.

ENJOY your weekend. Have E'd you!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jennifer Bradley said...

Hi Kathy, lovely cards great design. Thanks for joining our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and we hope to see you back again soon. Jennifer DT member x

Debs M said...

Great pic and lovely cards - the new stamp looks fab and those mdf hearts will be fabby once you have 'arted' them! x

Joyce said...

Fabulous card set. Such a pretty flower. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

Lovely card sets Kathy. Thank you for joining us at CASology this week!