Friday, 17 July 2015

Welcome to the weekend, the fun starts here!

Morning readers,

Hope you've enjoyed your week, if you have children then they've probably finished for the summer vacation ... good luck with keeping them amused till September!!! You could always try the the Shaun the Sheep trail! If you're in the south west U.K. and interested in the Shaun the Sheep trail then there's a link further down this post, so do read on!

I was catching up with my correspondence earlier this week and I like to decorate my envelopes ... makes it more personal since I write the letters on my computer. Anyhoo, I decorated the envelope below and was quite taken with the images and colours so ........ I thought I would see how it converted to a card...


My original mail art

And here's just how it turned in to a card:



My card


A close up of the image panel

And the insert and envelope

Materials used:

  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel, cut from one A4 of Ryman's 200gsm smooth white card
  • 14cm square of navy card cut from one A4 of Recollections cardstock
  • Creative Expressions grungey star image stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped numerous times using Adirondack watermelon ink
  • Visible Image border image (from a recent Craft Stamper free image) stamped multiple times using Adirondack orange sunset ink
  • Judikins micro glaze applied (with a finger) over the stamped images and buffed with a cloth, to protect the water based inks in transit

I've left a sentiment off of my card as I do believe it could suit a number of occasions, so I'll make my final decision once I've decided where it's headed! Right now I'm thinking it's a guy card, aren't you?

I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:

  1. Cardz 4 Guyz - challenge No. 79 - NO Designer Papers
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Naughty or Nice - challenge No. 17 - SEEING STARS
  4. Happy Little Stampers - July challenge - CAS (Clean And Simple)
  5. Create and Inspire - challenge No. 25 - ANYTHING GOES

And then it was time for another for my 2015 Christmas card quota.....



My card

And a close up of the sparkle

And the insert and envelope

Materials used:

  • White 5" x 7", 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card and blue card for image panel and layering
  • Penny Black sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Visible Image scribble star stamped using Brilliance lavender ink
  • Crystal stickles to highlight


I'll be entering this for the following challenges:

  1. Crafting By Designs - July edition - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  2. Craftbubble2½ (membership required) - May/June Rudolph Day - MAKE THE SENTIMENT THE FOCUS
  3. Deep Ocean - challenge No. 108 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  4. Addicted to Stamps & More - challenge No. 153  - HOLIDAY


And now for the FINAL Shaun the Sheep pix of the week - until we head out again, looking for more of the 120 statues placed around the City, we've only managed to see NINE of the full sized Shaun statues so have QUITE a way to go!



Midi size sheep on display in the Gromit Unleashed/Shaun in the City store at the Mall



Full sized Shrek the Sheep, also located inside the Gromit Unleashed/Shaun in the City store


And now for this week's Friday Funny, ran out of originals from pals so please feel free to e-mail me some more peeps. Got this one from the internet and just smiled - hope you will too! And before you ask, NO, I don't put myself in for the end of year Friday Funny draw!!!! This COULD be YOU at 5pm ....... just remember, it's always 5 o'clock somewhere! Yee Haa!




Have a great weekend.

22 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Great ideas, Kathy. Love the card and the way you decorate the envelopes too.

Linby said...

Great inky card yet CAS. I love your Shaun the sheep photos been looking back on your blog at them, would love to see them IRL.

scrappyjacky said...

What a simple,but gorgeous,christmas card.

Debs M said...

2 fabulous cards, loving those star stamps! shaun looks fab as shrek x

SARN said...

I'm already "outta here"! Great frog picture!

Perfect starry male card too.

Also loving the Christmas card with sentiment as the focal point. You have been busy.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lilian said...

Gereat Work Kathy. Loved the decorated envelopes.

Hugs
lilian

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

love the grunge look of the HLS card Kathy, yet it still manages to stay CAS! Thank you for sharing at Happy Little Stampers CAS! Hazel xx

Penny Duncan said...

What a cool card!!!!

Dotty Jo x said...

Thanks for playing along with us at Naughty Or Nice Challenges, Jo x

Cazro said...

Brilliant creation, I love your splattered card. So pleased you joined us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

Lauren Hatwell said...

Evening matey

Sorry I'm late. Busy day :oD Great cards matey, and I LOVE the Shrek Shaun the Sheep :oD. Fab Friday Funny too. Well done on finding that smashing frog pic.

Lx

Joan said...

Great card, would work for all kinds of occasions, like the grumbly look

Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz this week

Loll said...

Two fantastic cards Kathy. You seems to be on a "star" kick right now. :) Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Lindsey said...

Love the envelope — and then you make a great card to match! Thanks for joining us at Naughty or Nice Challenges!

Tanja said...

love your sparkly stars - thanks for joining us at ATSM

Wei Wei Wang said...

Very fabulous inky. Love your great idea. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

Julie B said...

Fab cards Kathy, love how you turned your doodlings into the card.
Love the sheep pics, reminds me of some fibreglass one's outside Tescos in Shrewsbury!
Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

My name is Wynneth said...

Spectacular card and envelope matey I love them, you are Queen of this style I tell Ya ! When you 'throw' a collage of stamps together it just works so brilliantly. This makes a great guy's card and so crisp and classy in design.

A great Christmas card too matey.

Love that crazy frog pic, made me smile.

Would love to come Shawn hunting, love Shrek the Sheep.

Luv
Wynneth
X

Kimbo said...

Love the splatters, great design

Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week x

Toni said...

Love the simplicity--great great cards! and love that you're visiting all the Shaun statues. they're super cute!

Toni
HLS CAS DT

cm said...

Your card and envelope combinations are fabulous! Your Christmas set: gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
~c

Linda said...

Fabulous cards Kathy ..... love the grungy look to the first one, great colours too. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx