Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning readers,

Here we are at the mid week part .... it's downhill all the way to the weekend!

Talking of weekend's ..... last weekend I was lucky enough to be able to craft with pal, Lilian, whilst hubby was at the BBQ hosted by his flying club .... we got inky and painty and covered in all manner of powders, inks and paints - it was fab!

There were a number of WIP's that came home with me ... you may have seen the photo in my post of Monday.

I selected the tag, bottom left, to work on for today's project

Well, I thought I would crack on with one of them ...


My completed tag


And a close up which (hopefully) will allow you to see the home made mica spray

Materials used:
  • White luggage tag "toothbrush painted" with Distress Paint in spun sugar before applying Distress Ink in salty ocean over the remainder of the tag.
  • Using the same ink I added a layer of ink through the Harlequin and vanishing circle stencils
  • Kaisercraft coffee stain inked using Distress Ink iced spruce (Lilian only has the one blue shade of D.I.)
  • Using a mini mister filled to about one third I added some iridescent pink cosmic shimmer mica powder before shaking like crazy (to mix the water and powder) and VOILA! Instant shimmer spray applied to the tag.
  • Once I got home I further added the Visible Image border and Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using Distress Ink in stormy sky
  • Creative Expressions grungey star (still on my acrylic block from recent  use but it IS rather splendid) and Tim Holtz sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink to complete my tag

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-

  1. Not Just Cards - challenge No. 21 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. All Crafts - June/July challenge - ANYTHING (but a card) GOES
  3. Use Your Stuff - challenge No. 200 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 268 - ANYTHING GOES


And now, since it IS WOYWDW - here's how my desk looks right now and, befor eyou say anything, yes - it COULD do with a clear up - it's about due one!






I'll be cracking on with a ten card commission today!!! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

SARN said...

Well I'm just DREAMING about the contents of your white cabinet as I've had a peek inside it!

Love your tag - very effective inking and ANOTHER great sentiment.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

cheryl Baker said...

sorry not been over for ages hun,miss blogging,but hopefully things,will get easier soon oh love,the tag hun its,awesome,and love,those drawers,you have in your craft room hugs Cherylxxxxx

scrappyjacky said...

Just love that tag.