Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning all,

So, we've reached Wednesday again ... how's your week coming along?

I'd like to welcome my new follower too ... Lori from Inkingly Yours and a member of the DT over at 4CraftyChicks - welcome, hope you will find occasion to stop by again.

Whilst in Florida last trip, I availed myself of some Peerless water colours .... very vibrant swatches of paint. I thought they would be brilliant for travelling with. HOWEVER, the paint swatches are brilliant BUT unless you develop some sort of filing system for them you will never be able to find the colour you are looking for when you want it ..... as I discovered at the weekend when I wanted to colour one of those GLORIOUS Stampers Anonymous Crazy birds!!!

Nothing for it but to sit and arrange some sort of filing system for them. Well, I HAVE plenty of ATC blanks (used the last of my white ones but hey - I have over 25 in stock so that should keep me going till I can get some more delivered!) and I HAVE ATC storage wallets that store 9 per page. Since I was sharing the 2" x 2" water colours I had already cut them in to 1" strips so reckoned I could fit two per ATC ...... yep, that worked!




Materials used:
  • ATC blanks
  • ATC storage wallet
  • Peerless water colour set of 40 starter colours in 2" x 2" swatch - cut in half
  • Paintbrush and Water - so I could paint a small swathe of colour
  • My trusty biro (it's PURPLE!!!!) - to write the colour name on the card

And, since I'm on a bit of a Christmas card theme at the moment, I have another to share with you (though most will be hitting my blog on Saturday (so do stop back to have a look) .... this one's one for the guys with its more monochrome CAS look, just a hint of colour and a smidge of twinkle to the snow!



My card

And the co-ordinating inside and envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square white card panel
  • Stampabarbara snoman image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Visible Image "swipe" stamped using Memento London fog ink
  • Stamplorations sentiment builder set used to make the sentiment and stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Brusho's water colours in turquoise and lemon to add just a pop of colour
  • Memento Paris Dusk ink used to edge the image panel
  • Crystal stickles to highlight the "snow"

I'll be entering this car for the following challenges:-
  1. Eureka Stamps - challenge No. 150 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  2. CraftinDesert Diva's - crafty it up and linky it up - CHRISTMAS IN JULY linky it up party!!!
  3. Craftyboots - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  4. CardzforGuyz - challenge No. 80 - CHRISTMAS IN JULY
  5. 52CCT - July themed challenge - SNOWMAN

Grab our button for your blog


My friend and I were on a mission yesterday, to get some cane furniture repaired and my pal had found someone who could do the job so off we went .... it didn't take anywhere near as long as we'd anticipated and it was too nice a day to just head straight home. My friend suggested heading in to Bath to visit her fave shoe shop .... no arguments from me - who DOESN'T like shoe shopping? Only problem was, once we'd shoe horned her car in to a space ..... the store was closed! Plan B) it was then .... the TollGate Tea Rooms where I enjoyed a cuppa and she enjoyed the chicken pie and salad (I'd eaten before we set off), I even resisted the home made cakes! Still too nice to head home so we hit Chipping Sodbury instead - want to see?


The Quaker meeting house, dating back to 1692!

One of the backroads leading to the Frome Valley walkway

Aforementioned Frome Valley Walkway

St John's Church, Chipping Sodbury, dating back to the 13th Century!

And some of its stained glass

And the High Street


And now, since it IT WOYWDW, here's the work station today - OMG - WHAT a mess!?



It's a wonder there's any room for ME!!!

Enjoy the rest of your week peeps

13 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

envious of your weather, Kathy, we have had dull days, non stop rain or showers for nearly a fortnight now, and we are ALL getting fed up with it. As for work desks, yours is tidy compared to mine!

SARN said...

Great snowman card for the males.

FAB FILING SYSTEM too. Well done that Woman!

And thanks for the day trip.

PS: I hate shoe shopping. In fact I don't like clothes shopping either. I only like craft shopping! Have ordered PRS stamps now!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

April Cheetham said...

Yep! That's a tidy work area. I think I am working in an inch of space! Very stylish snowman. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

lilybygilly said...

I love the simplicity of your card - it's really eye catching. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT this week. Hugs, Gill xx

Lilian said...

great card Kathy. I love the snowman.

Might have to see about getting one,
Lilian

Cazro said...

A wonderful simple card, loving the snowman. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

Debs M said...

great storage and loving the snowman! Fabby pix too x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Really cute snowman bauble and I love how you have stamped him both inside the card and on the envelope. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

scrappymo! said...

Th\t snowman card is the cutest! Love that adorable image.

Your filing system looks great, but the photos of your day out steal the show. Love to see photos like that...the church and stained glass are amazing.

Julie B said...

Fab snowman card, the CAS design suits the masculine theme at Cardz4Guyz.
Looks like you made the most of your thwarted shopping trip. TFS .:)

Joan said...

Cute snowman and a very clean and simple design, ideal for our challenge

Thanks for joining us at cardz4guyz this month

Joan

Sheena Joy said...

Hi Kathy, I really love your card - such a cute image and the inside of the card & envelope are just perfect!
Thank you for joining us over at Craftin Desert Divas for the Christmas in July Linky Party!
- Sheena Joy, CDD Design Team Member

Mayra Duran-Hernandez said...

The snowman is adorable ! So cute ! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin' Desert Divas !
Hugs,
Mayra DTM