Saturday, 22 August 2015

Hello and welcome to another challenge day

Hello readers,

Hope you have something nice planned for this weekend.

Saturday morning's are, for me, usually set aside for challenges and I have a few faves that I try to enter as often as possible. So .... with the Sounds of the Sixties on the radio I head to the table of craftiness .....

Yesterday I received a letter from my Isle of Skye ATC swap buddy with my latest materials enclosed. Here's what I received from her .... sometimes I have to stare at the incoming materials and sometimes not - this was a NOT set of paper crafting goodies!


Snippet of white card (larger than ATC size) with a brocade design embossed in white
Die cut shape and a piece of mulberry paper approx 6cm square

So, what to make with it ..... any suggestions peeps? Well, actually, I've already made it in to an ATC but you will have to wait until the morning to see how they turned out. In the meantime, I would love for you to tell me what YOU would make them in to..... ????

Anyway, here's today's make and the challenges I will be entering ....




And a close up of the image panel

The co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:

  • White linen effect, 300gsm, DL envelope and matching sized envelope
  • White card
  • Black card for matting
  • Scratch paper and low tack tape for masking
  • Pitt Pen (F thickness) for border lines
  • Distress Inks: squeezed lemonade, ripe persimmon and picked raspberry, applied with an egg shaped sponge
  • Lost Coast bubbles image stamped using Versamark ink
  • Heat It Up clear embossing powder sprinkled over, the excess returned to the pot and then the image was heat embossed
  • Distress Ink in black soot applied over the image and then buffed with paper towel, to remove excess ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to seal and  protect the water based ink

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. CAS-ual Fridays - challenge No.142 - Pretty Patterns
  2. Sister Act - challenge No. 120 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 90 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES
  4. Lost Coast Portal to Creativity - challenge No. 15 - CIRCLES .. and YAY! I get  2 entries!
  5. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 238 - SKETCH .... see below





I got a TOP PICK over at Left Of Centre, for my "Inspired by a movie" entry - I went with "The Eyes of Laura Mars" - thanks peeps, so glad you liked my card



 


And, finally, an update on the surrogate grand dog .... following his little "procedure" earlier in the week. He was back at the vets yesterday, everything looks clean and no sign of infection although he's had a little bleed - so, still gotta wear that lampshade - till Wednesday! He's not happy about that but is much more himself otherwise.

27 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the card Kathy, but no idea what to do with your snippets! Will look forward to seeing what you came up with.

Julia said...

I love your card desins Kathy. This one is great. The colourful stamping with the unusual text looks very classy.
Julia

Sara Barker said...

Kathy,
Congrats on your top pick! And your current card is so fun with those bubbles and waves! So bold a contrast to the white crisp bottom. Very cool design!
Thank you for your lovely comment on my spotlight post at Craft Stamper TIMI! It made my day! Sara Emily

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

Gorgeous effect on your LIM card-and a perfect take on the sketch too!
Hmmm.those snippets look a little tricky-good luck with those!
Nessa xxx

Barb said...

Congratulations on your Top Pick. That is a great card. I remember that film. Really enjoyed it.

I really like your LIM card. It's gorgeous. Barbxx

Gerrina said...

What a great set again. Love that bubblestamp! You could link this one at Lost Coast Design aswell... (http://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.nl/ )
All the colours looks so great on the black...
Enjoy your weekend!

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous Lim card xx Jan

Lynne said...

Fabulous design and inking Kathy
Lynne xxx

Nikki W said...

The Lost Coast Designs bubble image is one of my favourites, love how you used and colored it. Thanks for joining us at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity :)

SARN said...

Congrats on being a TOP PICK mate.

Absolutely loving your highly original and right up my street new job card!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

PS: Absolutely NO IDEA what to do with your ATC bits, but I know you'll come up trumps as usual xxx

Neets B said...

Wonderful card based on our sketchy, Kathy. The black and coloured bubbles is so effective, and I love the tall card.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Jill Vickers said...

I love the effect that you created on this card - it looks almost metallic against the black - so cool! Congrats on the top pick too! Jill

Darnell J Knauss said...

I spy a winner here, Kathy! I think this is such an outstanding make for the sketch!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Marina said...

It's a long time since I've used the Joseph's Coat technique ...too long , because your card is so inspirational and a fabulous design.

My name is Wynneth said...

What an awesome JCT card Kathy, the bubbles image and the colours just work so well, a triumph Matey.

Congrats on the Top Pick too, well deserved.

luv
wynneth
x

Linby said...

What a great technique - looks so effective and a great card.
Linbyx

Shona Chambers said...

My goodness, this is really spectacular!! The effect with the stamp, the soot and the Distress Inks is incredible. You must do this often because its done so perfectly. Love the long, skinny card base too, so nice to see a different shape. Its an amazing card and I'm so glad you joined us again at CAS-ual Fridays!!!

Chrissie said...

What super stamping, colours and embossing Kathy, this is really a terrific card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Another fabulous take on our sketch this week Kathy, striking and dramatic colours and embossing with a bold sentiment too. Great work and thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

I adore this and really love how you utilized our Bubbles background stamp! Thanks for playing with us at http://lostcoastportaltocreativity.blogspot.com

Shelly said...

Another fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

TaeEun said...

Fabulous card!! It's a new technique for me, should give it a try soon. And thanks for the lovely comment on my blog!

Anne said...

Fab stamp Kathy and what a spectacular card - love it!
Thanks so much for joining us.
Anne
Less is More

MaryH said...

Love the design of the asymmetrical card and the bold look of the 'lace' design against that black. You're doing some awesome looking cards, and congrats on your recent wins with some of these fantastic creations. Great one on the movie challenge. That would certainly stump me for sure, but your impression was very striking. TFS

Claire said...

What a great technique - it's got such a metallic, shimmery feel to it and looks fabulous on the black! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Darnell J Knauss said...

I WAS RIGHT, KATHY!! Congratulations on the well-deserved Contender recognition from CFC!! Yippie!! Hugs, Darnell

Kathyk said...

Thanks so much for your vote of confidence, Darnell

Kathyk