Monday, 3 August 2015

Hello - Monday once more ....

Morning readers,

I'd like to welcome my latest follower but I can't see who it is. My last new followers have been Barb, Lori, Pat, Traci and Laine .... if you joined me on August 2nd then you are most welcome .. if you'd like to let me know then I'm happy to add a link to your blog - hope you will stop by again soon. EDITED: My newest follower has been in touch - it's EVE, thanks Eve, good to meet you.

Last evening we had friends round to join us for dinner, hubs has been experimenting all week with new things to try and the evening went well - thank goodness! Dinner was, in fact, delicious! YUMMEROONY! The rosti's worked perfectly (3rd time's the charm!) and the souffles rose splendidly - re-SULT!

I've let myself fall behind with my Christmas 2015 card quota so on Sunday I decided to do something about it .... I'd been watching a youtube video about using mod podge and loose glitter to make paintable glitter glue that doesn't shed. It seemed perfect!

My card

And the SUPER twinkly mod podge/loose glitter

And the insert and envelope

Materials  used:
  • 15cm square white, 250 gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm squrae white card panels (x 2)
  • 14cm square deep red card panels
  • Black card snippet, for matting the image panel
  • Penny Black image stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Mod podge and red/white glitter used to paint a sparkly finish over Santa and the Snowman
  • Iridescent shreds and mod podge applied with a paintbursh to simulate snow and to add texture underfoot!
  • Inktense blue used to very loosely "sloosh" colour around the image
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Versacolour colour as "snow" falling!
  • Kaisercraft sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink

I had to use sparkle mod podge because I didn't have gloss and I didn't think matte would work so well. Would I use this technique again? Hmm - tough one. I MIGHT but I'd have to remember not to be stingy with the glitter!! I think I was the first pass and I have to say that it showed .... nothing for it but to make up some more (less stingy) and go over it again! But, as promised, it doesn't "shed"

I'll be entering the above make in the following challenges:
  1. The Paper Players - August 2nd challenge - IT'S HIP TO BE SQUARE (make a square card)
  2. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge - challenge No. 240 - MUST BE TWO OF SOMETHING - two Christmas characters AND two coloured glitters in my case!
  3. Christmas Stamping All Year Long - challenge No. 52 - ANYTHING (Christmas-y) GOES
  4. Glitter and Sparkle - challenge No. 48 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Jingle Belles - COOKIES FOR SANTA photo inspiration ... I went with the blue background and the red ... and, of course, SANTA!

Cookies 4 Santa


Enjoy your week peeps

16 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

A splendid addition to your Christmas Card quota. Love the look of those inspiration cookies too :oD Lx

Barb said...

A super Santa card. Thanks for the link. Barbxx

Eve Maynard said...

Hi Kathy
I love your sparkly Christmas card.
Eve xx
P.S Your newest follower is - me!!!

Sue - said...

A super VERY sparkly card! Sounds a bit of a messy technique though!

SARN said...

Aarrrgh . . . you mentioned the unmentionable . . .LOOSE GLITTER. I'm running away. I don't DO loose glitter.

Mind you your card is glitzy for sure.

Well done on catching up with your quota a little bit.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a super fun image Kathy! They Look so jolly! Love the glitter! TFS, Have a great week! Hazel xx

Lesley Thomas said...

Great idea with the mod podge Kathy, I don't have that, so I wonder if PVA would have the same effect? Must try it sometime.

stampwithamyk said...

That is too cute! I love the glittery image, your Santa and snowman are too cute! Perfect holiday card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players, hope to see you again soon!

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy,

Hugs
lilian

Loll said...

Adorable!! And a great way to use loose glitter. I have lots and it just sits there and collects dust! :) xx

MaryH said...

Wow! A new technique...never heard of this, but sure sounds like something to try. Don't you just love Youtube? Your card turned out very glittery & festive. Love this delicious sparkling Santa. And thanks for explaining snorkers. We have something made with Italian sausage, grilled onions, 'shrooms and green peppers, and served in a sub roll. (in the summer when it's not too bloomin' hot to grill outside). Glad you had a lovely dinner with friends - AND that your DH cooked it. Lucky you. TFS & Hugs

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 240 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at CSAYL. Sue x

Joyce said...

What a cute card, inside and out. Great idea for the glitter.

SmilynStef said...

Love the glittery sparkle ... so very glad you joined us with some Cookies 4 Santa at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

so *GLITTERY* which is pretty much my favorite thing for any holiday card to be, lol! plus i love it when the inside is decorated too! glad you could join our ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ fun!