Saturday, 1 August 2015

It's AUGUST!!! What? Already? What happened to July?

Helloooooo readers and followers and welcome to AUGUST, where's the year going?

It's bad enough to lose days but ... a whole month!!! Speaking of losing days .... the hubs nipped out yesterday, to help the surrogates assemble some flat pack furniture. Rather optimistically he said (as he left the house at 10:00) he'd be home for lunch .... but wasn't seen for 5½ hours!!! I enjoyed my grilled cheese sandwich for lunch though - made a nice change! Oh and the flat pack furniture? All assembled - FINALLY!

Of course, with the hubs out of the way I took the opportunity to hit the table of craftiness, after all, as soon as I saw one of the challenges below I just knew I had to enter!



My card

And a close up of the image sparkle

And the co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 20cm square white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 18½cm square panel of Ryman's 200gsm smooth card (x 2, to include the insert)
  • 19cm square purple card
  • IndigoBlu "splattered heart" stamped using Versamark ink
  • WOW! Purple Glitz embossing powder liberally sprinkled over the inked image, excess tapped off and then heat embossed
  • Fiskars sentiment (I heart US) stamped using Stazon in vibrant violet
  • Inktense block (red) used to colour the hearts (image panel, insert and envelope)
  • Crystal stickles to  highlight

Bet you've no idea who or what this card might be for!!!

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. That's Crafty - July 31st challenge - PURPLE PASSION! - it's purple, it's an anniversary card for my special someone ... I think that counts!
  2. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 235 ... the colour challenge - BERRY colour .... the mnemonic about berries runs with: White and yellow can kill a fellow, Purple and blue are good for you, Red, could be good could be dead (No, I'd never heard of it before either but ....) so I went with twinkly purple! (good for you) and a little red (could be good OR bad)!!
  3. Crafts4eternity - challenge No. 237 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Sister Act - challenge No. 117 - ANYTHING GOES (cards only)
  5. Friday Mash Up - challenge No. 129 - IT'S ALL SQUARE and/or Pink/grey/sky colour challenge ... as you can see, I went with a SQUARE card





Have a great weekend

23 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Simply scrumptious use of those berry colours Kathy and I always love your attention to detail on the envelope. Well done on being first up and in making your card yesterday you've pipped Jen to the finish line!!!
thanks for playing along and have a good week!
Sarah
Less is More

Debs M said...

fabby stamps and I love the colours x

Barb said...

Your card and envelope - "super scrumptious". I love those colours together and again I do like the way you do envelopes to match your cards. Barbxx

Lesley Thomas said...

July was a write off Kathy, the sooner gone, the better! Love the card though, so keep up the good work.

Glittertastic said...

Kathy, this is gorgeous. I love the purple and red combination and as always a fab matching envelope!

Sharon
x

Ankie vd Polder said...

Great card with envelope. Love it. Hugs, Ankie

SARN said...

LOVE-ly!
Uber-CAS and wonderful.

Happy Weekend. xxx

Jan Ltc said...

Gorgeous set xx Jan

Pauline said...

Beautiful use of that fab heart stamp!

Karren said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!

Sid said...

Fab card !

Anne said...

Fab dimension with that heart Kathy and beautiful berry shades too!
Thanks so much for joining us this week
Anne
Less is More

Loll said...

Wow ... beautiful card Kathy! LOVE purple and red together! xx

Patricia Alvarez said...

I absolutely love love this card! and with a matching envelope! Well done!!! Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge. Hope to see you again on the next challenge!

Lisa said...

Lovely square card!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

Neets B said...

Gorgeous, Kathy. I love that splash of sparkly colour, and a matching envelope as always :)
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Chrissie said...

I'm glad to be back from my various jaunts and ready to do lots of blog visiting!
This is fabulous Kathy, those colours really zing!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Judy said...

your cards is so beautiful...love it . Thank you for sharing.

Judy said...

your cards is so beautiful...love it . Thank you for sharing.

Carole Dion said...

Gorgeous card !!

michele said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

brrenwick said...

Sweet and simple, squared...love this card! Thanks for playing along at Friday Mashup!

Kathy C said...

Lovely card, I just love the colours and the heart stamp.
Kathy xx