|Lilian, preparing a tag with masking fluid|
|My own tag with it's masking fluid in place!|
|My first Joseph's Coat make - using spiced marmalade and festive berries D.I.'s|
|Lilians' (left) and my own (right) second Joseph's Coat|
I used D.I.'s in mustard seed, shabby shutters and salty ocean!
And, once I left Lilian's I was headed to the local mall to meet another pal. I had a bit of a senior moment too ..... as I approached the M5 to head south I NEVER GAVE A THOUGHT TO THE FACT IT WAS FRIDAY AFTERNOON - DOH! As I sailed up the slip road to meet the stationary traffic - OMG!!!! Fortunately, this section of motorway is electronically "managed" and I was able to use the hard shoulder ...... it becomes the lane to turn off for the mall too - perfick!!! I sailed past all the stationary traffic in the other lanes - almost like I had a police escort and ended up meeting my pal early! Yee Haa! We stopped by M&S where my pal wanted a couple of shirts and, once the chore was done, we headed to the Patisserie Valerie where Liz enjoyed an eclair and I enjoyed a delicious and warm almond frangipane!! Since it was during the school holidays the cafe was busy but I didn't get snarled up in the usual Friday rush hour as I headed home - I was very happy about that!
I LOVED the almost gold colour I created with the orange and red combo
|And a close up of the super twinkly glitter card|
|And the co-ordinating inside and envelope|
- 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- White card snippet
- Distress Inks: spiced marmalade, festive berries and aged mahogany
- Creative Expressions grungey star, stamped using Versamark ink before sprinkling clear embossing powder (shaking off excess) and heat embossing
- Once the embossing had cooled I then applied Memento tuxedo black ink all over the panel and image, wiping the excess from the star image
- Gold glitter card, for matting
- Stamplorations sentiment (from their HAPPY sentiment builder set) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
- Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 190 - USE SNIPPETS
- Bloggers challenge - August 14th - THEY SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY
- Sister Act - challenge No. 119 - ANYTHING GOES
- Polkadoodles - challenge No. 33 - USE SOMETHING NEW ... in my case the Joseph's Coat Technique, new to me that is!
And happy Sunday to you all ... hubs is at his model engineering show again today which means I shall be hitting the table of craftiness very shortly!