Monday, 10 August 2015

Monday's child is on the Christmas card trail again!

Morning all,

Well, the 2015 Balloon Fiesta went out with a whimper ... the final mass ascent on Sunday didn't look to have gone ahead based on poor visibility and weather .... it was murky and wet - who'd want to be in a hot air balloon in those conditions? Sadly, I never got to see the minion balloon after a distant sighting on Thursday evening - RATS! That's it till 2016 now!

I know I don't usually post on Monday's but ... I was chatting, electronically, with a pal yesterday and challenged her to enter the same four challenges as I planned to - you can see mine below but, sadly, Lilian's foray to her table of craftiness led her in a different direction (it's happened to us all, hasn't it? You set off to do one thing and something quite different turns up!) .... if you want to see where her creative journey took her yesterday then check out her blog here

My card ... 1)non Christmas image - P  2)masking -P , 3)sparkle -P , 
4)"S" for sparkle - P and 5)red/green - P


And a closer view of my sparkle!

And my co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 2 x 13½cm square white card panels for image panel and insert
  • 14cm square red card panel for matting
  • Visible Image "Edgy" clear stamp set .... using the smaller image I stamped the image panel, insert, envelope and a post it (for masking),using Adirondack red pepper ink, and cut out the post-it.
  • After placing the post it over each of my red panels I stamped the other "Edgy" image using Adirondack bottle green ink
  • Stamplorations sentiment (from their Christmas sentiment builder set) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • I then applied Imagination Crafts "diamond" sparkle medium through a Memory Box circles stencil using a plastic spatula - but only to my image panel and not to the insert or envelope ... to dimensional!
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to the insert and envelope, to protect the water based inks in transit

I'll be entering my above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Craftbubble2½ (MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED) - CMLI August Rudolph Day - USE A NON CHRISTMAS-y IMAGE TO MAKE A CHRISTMAS CARD
  2. Happy Little Stampers - August CAS challenge - MASKING
  3. Happy Little Stampers - August Christmas challenge - SPARKLE
  4. CraftyHazelnutsChristmas challenge - challenge No. 241 - SOMETHING BEGINNING WITH "S"- I went with Sparkle
  5. 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - August challenge - COLOUR CHALLENGE ... red and green




15 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Sorry, about the lack of balloons Kathy. I attend a lot of hospital appts. and I've been calling the Consultant's team members 'Minions' for years! Naughty of me, I know, but that's how I feel about the system. Rarely do I actually get to see the Consultant!

Card is super, as always.

Barb said...

Traditional red and green are still my favourite Christmas colours. Lots of sparkle which I also like for Christmas. I like the effect of the Imagination Crafts sparkle medium. It's a hit with me. Barbxx

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely....I really need to start on the christmas trail.

SARN said...

Cool card. Sorry about the loons.

Off to see Lilian now . . .

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy. Sorry I didn't manage to get the challenges done,

Hugs
lilian

Chrissie said...

What a super conglomeration of stamps Kathy, the colours and textures are really great!
Thanks so much for your contribution to our masking challenge!
Chrissie
Happy Little Stampers

Loll said...

Sweet! Love this design with the masked section Kathy. Makes a great Christmas card! :) Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Sorry mate, I'm playing catch up. Great take on your blue card. What a shame about the balloons. There are so many great ones. It's a pity to miss them and it would have been great to see the minion balloon a little closer. Ho hum... Always next year.

Lx

LesleyG said...

Great inspirational artwork! xxx

Neets B said...

Such a fab abstract Christmas card and well done on combining those challenges! Very well executed.
Thanks for sharing at Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

Patricia Hays said...

Nice use of the traditional Christmas red and green. Thanks for playing in our color challenge at 52CCT.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 241 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

Deborah Frings said...

Love it! Really contemporary take on traditional colours. Love the grungy feel and touch of sparkle too. Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week, and I'm sorry to be so late commenting xx

Bożena Adamusińska said...

Beautifully used masks. It's a very modern Christmas card in traditional colors. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.
Regards,
Bozen

Carol said...

Love your sparkly creation Kathy, a very modern take using traditional colours. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge this month. Carol DT x