Wednesday, 5 August 2015

Morning all - the Purple Princess is away from her desk again .....

Morning all,

And where am I?, I hear you ask .... well, I'm meeting up with a crafting pal, Cherry, and we're hitting the Pink Tulip ..... not a bar ....... but a craft store in Worcestershire! Cherry's mum's babysitting her little one and we're having a craft-y and girlie day - yee haa, FANTASTIC ... I HOPE there will be shopping too as I have quite a list! Camera's charged so I hope that there will also be pix but maybe not till Friday!

I've still managed to find a little time for crafting - as you might know I would ....



My card

And the stencilled gel medium

And the metallic heat embossing

Materials used:

  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square black card panel, for matting
  • 13½cm square white card panel randomly coloured to one side with Distress Ink ink shaded lilac, applied with an egg shaped cosmetic sponge (I've decided ... I LIKE them!)
  • Same ink applied with the same sponge but through the TCW diamond stencil and left to dry
  • Visible Image large flourish stamped using Versamark embossing ink
  • WOW metalline violet embossing powder liberally sprinkled, the excess tapped off and then heat embossed
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Memento tuedo black ink
  • Basics gloss gel medium applied with a spatula through a Balzar designs mini circles stencil


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. The Craft Barn - August 2nd challenge - DIAMONDS
  2. Love to Create (Pan Pastels) - challenge No. 16 - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES (inks/ embossing/stencilling)
  3. That Craft Place - August 2nd challenge - ANYTHING (mixed media) GOES (inks/ embossing/stencilling)
  4. Corrosive Challenges - challenge No. 230 - PERFECTLY PURPLE
  5. Addicted to Stamps and More - challenge No. 156 - ANYTHING GOES


And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday ... here's a sneaky peek at the table of craftiness - as it was before I left for my day trip!






I'd like to welcome new follower, Katie Lamb, hope you will stop  by again soon.


14 comments:

Barb said...

I love that card Kathy. The purple embossing powder looks amazing. I've never heard of the gloss gel medium but I really like what it does. I like those egg sponges too. Hope you have a great day out with your friend. Barbxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Like your card Kathy, and if I had a chance of a day out with a crafty friend and a shop to go to, I'd take it too.

I have no idea how you produce your cards in that tiny corner of your desk though. I think it would inhibit me, big time!

SARN said...

Cor that's a stunner . .. I like the gel detail. Very tactile. Wishing you a happy crafting day with Cherry at the Pink Tulip . . .are you SURE it's not a cocktail bar?????? Hmmm? Really?????

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

great make - hope you had a fabulous day! x

Veerle said...

Really love this card Kathy. Beautiful colours too.
Gr Veerle

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing card Kathy. Love all the textures. Glad to hear you had a great day. Looking forward to your pics. Lx

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh this is really gorgeous!! Purple is my fave color too! :) Love the added texture you put over the design!! STUNNING! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Viv said...

Fab purple card Kathy, love the embossing too ;) Viv xx

Cherry said...

We had such a lovely day Kathy - everything was perfect. Thank you.

Loving that card and the texture is amazing.

Hugs Cherry xxx

Monika Reeck said...

Love the texture you have shown
woooow
adorable purple card
Like Vicki I love purple too
and I guess you too
we should be friend Kathy
Lovely Images in purple I adore this
thanks for joining with us at Addicted to Stamps and More (ATSM)
Hugs, Monika(DT)

Elaine said...

Beautifully put together and such pretty colours!

Juliz Design Post said...

Hi Kathy, a beautiful card with a touch of elegance. Thanks for joining in the challenge at That Craft Place and Good Luck.
Julie x

maggie said...

I like the gel addition to the background of your lovely card.

Jane said...

This is just lovely. Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x