However, my plans were slightly altered ....... there I was watching "Twilight" on DVD (as I've managed to be one of the few people who've not seen this before!) My phone rang ... it was a pal and she said five words you don't hear every day (thank goodness) "My house is on fire" ... Having first ascertained she was no longer inside and that she had indeed summoned the fire brigade I then grabbed my keys and headed over to her ....... Fortunately, it was a small fire and no-one was hurt and there was no serious damage although an appliance may potentially need replacing. The fire brigade responded promptly and were most reassuring, and even fitted a new smoke alarm in to the bargain. I took this shot after the drama was pretty much all over.
Needless to say, I stopped for a cuppa to reassure myself that my pal was OK, before returning home to finish my movie and continue with the slightly more than usual amount of crafting that had been taking place whilst hubs was away from the house ....... hence my post today, on a day when I wouldn't NORMALLY post ....
|SOME of my alphabet stamps - each set cost just a dollar!|
I really SHOULD use them more as I've about half a dozen
- 7" x 5" white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- Snippet of white card on to which I stamped the Lost Coast pencils using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Using brushos I water coloured the pencils before applying Distress Ink in twisted citron to the rest of the snippet
- Studiog alphabet sets to misspell the words "Back to school" ... yes, it WAS deliberate!!!
- Black card for matting
- Addicted to CAS - challenge No. 70 - SCHOOL
- Brown Sugar Challenges - challenge No. 159 - SCHOOL
- Aloha Friday - challenge No. 54 - SCHOOL
- Kraftin' Kimmie - challenge No. 293 - BACK TO SCHOOL
- Craft Stamper - Take It, Make It August challenge - PENS AND PENCILS ... hope it's not too literal an interpretation for inclusion
- CASe this Sketch - challenge No. 136 - SKETCH - see below (2nd entry)