Thursday, 20 August 2015

Morning - SURPRISE!!! Another unusual post from me ......

Morning 

And here's another post on an unusual day ... there IS a reason for this. Yesterday it was raining pretty much all day AND my hubby was out .... so, there was nothing for it but to stay in and craft!

I set out to make this for a challenge over at The Male Room ..... where the challenge was to use newsprint but, I'm SURE you can spot my deliberate mistake now, can't you? Yep, not all that masculine after all, is it? And, given the name of the challenge ...... Ah well ..... EDITED TO READ: given that my first commenter said she reckoned it would work for a guy then I'm going to give it a go - I'm pretty sure their DT will soon tell me if they reckon it's not a valid entry .... so, I'll also be entering it for challenge No. 17 over at The Male Room, wish me luck!, this will bring the total number of challenges entered with this card, to five.


My card

A close up view

And my co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials  used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card for matting and insert
  • Black card for matting 
  • Snippets of white card (for image and image panel)
  • Paper Artsy star image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink (and fussy cut out for the card front)
  • Darcie's newsprint image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Distress Ink in old paper applied to the newsprint image using an egg shaped sponge
  • Judikins micro glaze applied (using my trusty finger!) to the image panel to protect the water based ink in transit

I can still enter this for the following challenges:
  1. Crafty Sentiments - August 18th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Three Muses - 19th August challenge - BACKGROUNDS WITH TEXTS
  3. Paper Minutes - challenge No. 396 - CELEBRATION
  4. CASe This Sketch - challenge No. 136 - see below





If you visited yesterday then you will have read that the surrogate dog, Riddick, was hospitalised yesterday, for a "procedure" ..... we visited the patient at home last evening. So funny but quite sad to see him struggling to get around with the "lamp shade" protection on his head ... plainly (being still a puppy) his spatial awareness was all kerpluey today!! We  hope he will be back to his normal, happy self in a day or so.

Now you can go back to your Thursday's and I'll see you all tomorrow for my usual Friday post and the last of this week's Shaun trail tour pix!


10 comments:

Di said...

Great card Kathy, and perfect for a fella IMHO!

Hugs

Di xx

Debs M said...

It's not really a feminine card Kathy so I think you will be ok - great make x

SARN said...

Well the star picture is sort of movie starrish . . . and it DOES have newsprint . . . so I reckon you could just about get away with it especially as it's in neutral tones.

Go for it . . . and Good Luck xxx

Barb said...

I think that's a fantastic card Kathy Good luck in the Mail Room.
I've not been about so didn't hear about poor Riddick. I do hope he's soon feeling better and back to normal.

Our last dog got so distressed as a pup when they tried to put one of those lampshades on her neck. We ended up living and sleeping in shifts for several days as it was impossible for the vet to get it on her. Barbxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Well, I think your card is a triumph of a male card matey ! Many men would be chuffed to receive a card featuring a glamorous movie star as this card does.

That really is splendid stamp isn't it and you deploy it to perfection.

Poor Riddick, I'm sure he'll recover quickly from the trauma - of the little procedure and the embarrassment of wearing the 'lamp shade' ha ha.

luv
wynneth
x

catherine said...

It looks fabulous Kathy and I also think it could be used for a masculine card.
x catherine

Anet van Zyl said...

Beautiful card Kathy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Leigh Penner said...

Very cool card!

Mac Mable said...

Had a little chuckle about this card and I too think it would be a great Man's card! The colours are masculine and the lady very glamorous, Hollywood feel to it which I think has quite a masculine feel about it x

Deborah Frings said...

I like the use of the newsprint behind the image. Perfectly CAS too. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room, and I'm sorry to be late commenting! xx