Sunday, 9 August 2015

Sunday and the latest on the balloons and Shawns!

Morning,

Well, what a lovely day yesterday turned out to be ... the weather was glorious, the only negative was that we didn't get to see any balloons from the mass ascent from the 37th annual Balloon Fiesta ... wind in the wrong direction - again! But we did go out to dinner (here) and had a bottle of something chilled and fizzy upon our return  home ..... and I don't mean sparkling water!!! Dinner was lush though I have to confess that the hubster and I had to share a dessert! 


 
 Some delicious spare ribs and a steak for my hubby

AND I managed a little crafting too ... though, plainly, not AFTER a dinner like that!



My finished card

A closer view of the image panel

And the co-ordinating insert and envelope

Since it's a snippets challenge - her are my snippets! YAY!

Materials used:
  • White C6, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of card:- white, black and pumice stone
  • On the largest piece of white card I applied Distress Ink in twisted citron (new stash - had to be done!) using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
  • Using Distress Ink in pumice stone I went over the twisted citron to grunge up the gorgeous lime-iness!
  • Visible Image faux brick stamped down one side using the twisted citron
  • Impression Obsessions splatter image stamped down the other side using the Distress Ink in pumice stone
  • Hero Arts circle image stamped using Adirondack citrus ink (thus proving why I had to have both!!!)
  • Visible Image INKognito flower stamped using Versafine onyx black and the stem in Distress Ink pumice stone inks
  • On the small white card panel I applied the twisted citron and pumice stone inks with the blending tool, without re-inking
  • Stamplorations sentiment (from their HAPPY sentiment builders set) using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to the image and sentiment panel, to protect the water based inks

So, do you reckon that, despite it being floral, this could work for a guy? Or NOT? Either way, I'm a GOOD FEW snippets better off than I was before I made it!

I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 189 - Snippets challenge
  2. Chocolate, Coffee and cards - challenge No. 97 - FRAME IT ..... I count the sentiment, image and card as being framed
  3. Sister Act - challenge No. 118 - ANYTHING GOES - 2nd entry
  4. QKR Stampede - challenge No. 151 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 89 - ANYTHING GOES

We were hot on the trail of the Shawn the Sheep statues earlier this week and I have some more for you, would you like to see them?


This on is called STAR BAKE - isn't is scrumptious?
Located in the Horfield area of the City


Feeling peckish yet?
It's such a shame the notice says PLEASE DO NOT CLIMB ... how cool
to have a photo of someone seated upon a Shawn!?!?!?

And this one is SPARKLES the unicorn
Am I the only one thinking of Agnes from Despicable Me? All she wanted was ...
a UNICORN!!?!?!?

Awww, isn't Sparkles Fabulous?


I've a question for you .... I'm a facebook numpty .... can anyone tell me what a POKE is all about? What's the point of them?

Before I leave you this morning .... the mass ascent went off this morning and, I got this photo a little after 07:00






And this was around 07:30
and at 07:45

And around 08:00 - This is the balloon of one of local companies

Around 08:10 - This pilot appears to be flying on behalf of UWE and landing on UWE property
 - good flying  ......... or WAS IT?

And an epic fail on the photography front .... one of the downsides of relying on autofocus!


Still, I quite like it anyway!
Not often a flightless bird flies over your house!


Still no sign of the minion balloon but, I have high hopes! Apparently, we have another mass ascent this evening - keep your fingers crossed. Have a fab Sunday everyone.

15 comments:

Anet van Zyl said...

Gorgeous card Kathy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT x

Debs M said...

Dinner looks lovely and what a great shot of the penguin balloon x

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card Kathy, love the greens and how you decorated the envelope too, Cathy x

Lilian said...

Lovely card Kathy, You are right the shawn looks as though you could eat him.

Loving the picture on the ballon thats looks like its on the roof, great picture.
Lilian

Lilian said...

As you say Kathy. Still a good picture,
Lilian

Skye said...

A fabulous post. Love the Shawn the Sheep statues. It must have been wonderful seeing the sky full of hot air balloons

Lovely cards. I particularly liked the second card with the matching envelop.

SARN said...

Fab loon pictures Kathy and I love the snippets card too - although I'm not sure about giving it to a guy!

Your meal looks scrumptious. I CANNOT believe you managed ANY dessert at all, even shared!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Fabby snippets card Kathy - you always amaze me that after making a beautiful card you then go on to decorate the inside and the envelope too. Lovely touches!

I just licked my screen here - Shawn certainly looks good enough to eat and that meal you had is scrummy!

Have a super day!

Hugs

Di xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well I NEVER thought I'd see a penguin fly :oD Great photo's Kathy.

A scrummy looking dinner, and a scrummy looking card to match :oD

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Lx

Barb said...

Lots of great stamping on your lovely green card. What a great colour that is.

After that lush rack I'm amazed you even had room for half a pud. Glad you got to see some balloons eventually. The penguin is a real novelty.

We're off for roast at our local shortly then it's watching the footie for me for the rest of the afternoon. Enjoy your day. Barbxx

Cherry said...

Mmmm looks like the food was up to scratch again! Deliciousness indeed. Glad you both had a fab time.

That cards works brilliantly with the twisted citron I must say - great stuff.

The balloons look great too - a flying penguin? Who would have thought...

As for the Shaun's - you are doing fabulously on the trail - I feel a bit guilty about this! I am loving seeing them - the scrumptious one is amazing.

Happy Sunday thoughts...Cherry xxx

Darnell J Knauss said...

I wonder why suddenly I'm starving?! Dinner looks amazing and so do all the fun balloon photos! Thank you for sharing, Kathy! Your card is, as always, superb! Is it wrong of me to say that I am swooning over the INSIDE design and I'm pinning that photo to use as inspiration for an OUTSIDE design?!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell Oh PS, loving the Shawn the Sheep escapades, too!!

Sherri said...

This is a terrific card and carrying the design over to the envelope is brilliant! Makes it look so much more spectacular! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede for the weekly challenge!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act, good luck!!! Amy DT

karalschuknecht said...

Great card & I love the envelope too. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT