Well, what a lovely day yesterday turned out to be ... the weather was glorious, the only negative was that we didn't get to see any balloons from the mass ascent from the 37th annual Balloon Fiesta ... wind in the wrong direction - again! But we did go out to dinner (here) and had a bottle of something chilled and fizzy upon our return home ..... and I don't mean sparkling water!!! Dinner was lush though I have to confess that the hubster and I had to share a dessert!
AND I managed a little crafting too ... though, plainly, not AFTER a dinner like that!
|My finished card|
|A closer view of the image panel|
|And the co-ordinating insert and envelope|
|Since it's a snippets challenge - her are my snippets! YAY!|
- White C6, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- Snippets of card:- white, black and pumice stone
- On the largest piece of white card I applied Distress Ink in twisted citron (new stash - had to be done!) using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
- Using Distress Ink in pumice stone I went over the twisted citron to grunge up the gorgeous lime-iness!
- Visible Image faux brick stamped down one side using the twisted citron
- Impression Obsessions splatter image stamped down the other side using the Distress Ink in pumice stone
- Hero Arts circle image stamped using Adirondack citrus ink (thus proving why I had to have both!!!)
- Visible Image INKognito flower stamped using Versafine onyx black and the stem in Distress Ink pumice stone inks
- On the small white card panel I applied the twisted citron and pumice stone inks with the blending tool, without re-inking
- Stamplorations sentiment (from their HAPPY sentiment builders set) using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to the image and sentiment panel, to protect the water based inks
So, do you reckon that, despite it being floral, this could work for a guy? Or NOT? Either way, I'm a GOOD FEW snippets better off than I was before I made it!
I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:-
- Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 189 - Snippets challenge
- Chocolate, Coffee and cards - challenge No. 97 - FRAME IT ..... I count the sentiment, image and card as being framed
- Sister Act - challenge No. 118 - ANYTHING GOES - 2nd entry
- QKR Stampede - challenge No. 151 - ANYTHING GOES
- Creative Fingers - challenge No. 89 - ANYTHING GOES
|This on is called STAR BAKE - isn't is scrumptious?|
Located in the Horfield area of the City
|Feeling peckish yet?|
It's such a shame the notice says PLEASE DO NOT CLIMB ... how cool
to have a photo of someone seated upon a Shawn!?!?!?
|And this one is SPARKLES the unicorn|
Am I the only one thinking of Agnes from Despicable Me? All she wanted was ...
|Awww, isn't Sparkles Fabulous?|
Before I leave you this morning .... the mass ascent went off this morning and, I got this photo a little after 07:00
|And this was around 07:30|
|and at 07:45|
|And around 08:00 - This is the balloon of one of local companies|
|Around 08:10 - This pilot appears to be flying on behalf of UWE and landing on UWE property|
- good flying ......... or WAS IT?
And an epic fail on the photography front .... one of the downsides of relying on autofocus!
|Still, I quite like it anyway!|
Not often a flightless bird flies over your house!
Still no sign of the minion balloon but, I have high hopes! Apparently, we have another mass ascent this evening - keep your fingers crossed. Have a fab Sunday everyone.