Sunday, 2 August 2015

Sunday lie-in

Morning,

Ah yes, I love Sunday's - hubby goes off to the flying field, I can craft without guilt and it's usually something yummy for lunch like snorkers or bacon butties! Mmmmm heaven. This evening we have guests joining us for dinner and my hubby's been treating me to dummy runs all week - I'm expecting great things this evening!

Anyhoo, since I'm in a sunny mood here's a sunny card to share with you .... a little freehand artwork, some stamping and some just plain old summery colours!!!


My sunny card!

And a closer look at my fabric panel

And here's the insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • White linen effect DL card (300gsm) and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of fabric(leftover from a pillowcase -used for another project), white card (image panel and insert) and neon orange card
  • Sewing machine to attach the fabric to a snippet of white card before attaching to the card blank
  • Inktense blocks/paintbrush/water - yellow, lime, magenta, red, orange
  • Stamps from Creative Expressions, Visible Image, Kaisercraft and Inkadinkado
  • Inks: Ranger Archival:- jet black, cobalt blue, watering can and sepia


I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 188 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE
  2. Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 384 - CITRUS
  3. Wags 'n Whiskers - challenge No. 159 - RECYCLE SOMETHING on your card - in this case, my pillow case is now an inktensed patterned panel!
  4. That Craft Place - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES - fabric/inks/stamps/stitching
  5. Addicted to Stamps and More - challenge No. 155 - PHOTO INSPIRATION - 2nd entry



And, on a bit of a creative roll yesterday, I simply had to have another go ... you know? I used to be really apprehensive about OLC (One Layer Cards) but now .... sometimes I do them even when I DON'T have to!


My card

And a close up

And the co-ordinating inside and envelope
Materials used:

  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • low tack tape to mask off border
  • Distress Ink in peacock feathers applied using an egg shaped cosmetic sponge
  • Using the same ink I stamped the Visible Image mini flourish (Craft Stamper free stamp - May issue)
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Distress Ink salty ocean
  • Creative Expressions grungey star and Woodware sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to protect the water based inks

I'll be entering the card above for the following challenges:-
  1. One Layer Simplicity - challenge No. 19 - STRIP IT DOWN
  2. Southern Girls - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Simply Papercraft - challenge No. 10 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Simply Create too - challenge No. 91 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Scrappers Delight - challenge No. 47 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES

Happy Sunday

19 comments:

Debs M said...

great makes Kathy - I must get my intense blocks out again! Loving that star stamp x

Eve Maynard said...

Hi Kathy
thank you so much for entering the playground with this work of art.
I love how you have used navy cotton thread to sew your border and to use a pillowcase snippet - genius!!
Hope you enjoy your bacon butties and have a lovely evening.
Eve xx

Lilian said...

Great makes Kathy,
Hugs
lilian

cm said...

Two artsy cards that have me gazing in awe and admiration at your creativity! The one-layer, with the stars, is so eye-catching. The first...oh my! Definitely a delight with the fabulous blend of summery colours; an innovative take on the inspiration photo! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
~c

Lesley Thomas said...

Very colourful - enjoy your evening meal too, Kathy.

Barb said...

Two great cards Kathy. I really like what you're doing with those Inktense blocks. Have a lovely evening with your friends. Barbxx

Carla Brooke said...

Such colorful cards! Thanks for sharing at Simply Papercrafts!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing cards. Love your use of the snippets. Lx

Karen D. said...

I like the cascading stars Kathy...
thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at OLS.

MaryH said...

Love it when you do your artsy cards. They are so happy & free feeling. Also liked the stitching on #1, with the summer sunshine colors. Ditto the deep tones of #2. Wish I could think to do cards like this. On the Crazy Bird, there's a die set for this bird set too. I 'think' I have it on backorder - somewhere! Now, I have a question: I hear Bacon Butties on the sitcoms, but what is a snorker???? :-? TFS & have a great week. Hugs

SARN said...

BOTH cards are fantastic Kathy. Love 'em.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Karen said...

Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous! Smiles.

Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapper's Delights and good luck!xx

Messy Mamma said...

Love both of these projects, but the second one really appeals to me :) I love its simplicity and your matching inside and envelope. Thanks for joining us for our ATG challenge at Southern Girls!
Lauren DT xo

Tanja said...

love the summery colors you used on your freehand artwork - thanks for joining us at ATSM

Katie Lamb said...

Lovely cards Kathy and thank you for playing along at That craft Place

Elizabeth said...

Two super cards, Kathy. I particularly love the sunny one because I like the use of the snippet of fabric and freehand artwork - brilliant! Elizabeth xx

Sandie said...

Cheerful colours. Thank you for playing along at That Craft Place.

Julie said...

I love your OLC CAS card, right up my street! thanks for sharing it with the Southern Girls. Good luck, Julie x

Taunya Butler said...

What great card ensembles - love the way the envelopes are done too!! You have made these so very awesome!!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too” - hope to see you next time!!

DT-Member SCT
Taunya Butler
http://daisiesgirl.com