Thursday, 27 August 2015

Thursday and some news happening today .....

Morning all

Today sees the launch of a new TV channel for us crazy UK crafters ......  it's called HOCHANDA (which, apparently, stands for: Home of Crafts Hobby and Art) and may be found on channel 663 on SKY, channel 39 on FREEVIEW and channel 822 on FREESAT. Apparently Virgin customers can view by turning their TV's to STANDARD and using the freeview options. I hear that Barbara Grey will be launching their inaugural show today, at mid day .... I just throw it in to the ether for those of you who think Create and Craft might need a little competition! Also joining are: Creative Expressions, Imagination Crafts, IndigoBlu and probably a whole raft of other companies.

I also have a little project to share with you ..... here's how it started .......






Then the postie arrived with my crazy birds accessory set so .... here's how it ended!

I added the hat, glasses and bow tie ...


You can see the dimension and the sparkle medium on this view

Materials used:
  • White luggage tag - 60 x 120mm
  • Lime acrylic paint applied to top and bottom of the tag, using a toothbrush
  • Distress Inks: squeezed lemonade, ripe persimmon and twisted citron, applied using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
  • Using a memory box circles stencil I first applied more twisted citron (using the blending tool but without using a clean foam pad) then Imagination Crafts clear sparkle medium
  • Stampers Anonymous crazy birds image stamped twice, once on to my tag and once on to a snippet of white card, using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Alcohol markers in greens and oranges used to colour "Christopher Lee" image before fussy cutting out and adhering to my tag with dimensional foam tape
  • Wink of Stella glitter pen added to highlight areas with a little more  twinkle!
  • Stampers Anonymous crazy things ... hat/glasses/bow tie
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

I'll be entering this tag for the following challenges:-
  1. Sweetstamps - challenge No. 236 - ANYTHING BUT A CARD
  2. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 276 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafting From The Heart - challenge No. 74 - ANYTHING GOES

And then I set to thinking about yesterday's card and how good it might look - in blue .... I know at least one pal that will approve (I hope).



My card

And the twinkle!

And the co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:

  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panels
  • 14cm square light blue card panels
  • Hero Arts scribble circle stamped using Memento Bahama blue ink
  • Creative Expressions grungey star stamped using Memento Paris dusk and Versamark inks
  • Funstamps silver dazzle embossing powder liberally sprinkled, the excess tapped off and then the image was heat embossed
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Distress Ink salty ocean
  • Stamplorations sentiment (from their Christmas sentiment builder set) stamped using Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to image area only (using a mask) to protect the water based ink

So, what do you think...... yesterday's red and gold with the JOFY stars or today's blue and silver with the grungey stars?

I'll be back tomorrow with my regular Friday post so don't panic!


11 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Love those craaaazy birds. Well done on deploying them so quickly after landing :oD

Great take on the stars series of cards you've been making. Like it.

Have a great day. After a day off yesterday I shall be slaving over a hot craft desk today. Too much for Mr H. He's off to the cricket!? ;oDLx

Barb said...

Morning Kathy, your card looks great in blue too. Isn't it amazing how changing the colour gives you card a totally different feel.

Your tag is fantastic. How smart he looks with his accessories. I've not seen that set at all and guess what my 'basic' Crazy Birds stamps and dies have just arrived. I had them on pre-order. Off to play a bit later today.

Thanks for the heads up on the new Channel. I'd not heard about that either. It sounds good. I rarely watch C&C these days.

Look forward to seeing more of your 'dapper' birds.
Barbxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Your Crazy Bird is fab Kath, and so elegant in his new accessories! Gorgeous Christmas card too - love the splash of twinkle!
Sylvia xx

SARN said...

Well, I liked yesterday's festive make, but I think I like today's version EVEN MORE!

Cute Crazy Bird project . . . WITH accessories!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

SARN said...

Oh, and thanks for the new craft channel info . . . as luck would have it, I have a day off today . . . guess where I'll be at 12noon? Thanks for sharing xxx

Di said...

Brilliant Crazy Bird Kathy!! I have the stamps, dies and accessories stamps (those little darlings just arrived yesterday) on my desk awaiting a play! Am saving them for a special snippets session :)

Off to make mackerel pate, which freezes beautifully in little ramekin dishes - with kitchen TV on, tuned to Freeview 39 of course :))

Hugs

Di xx

crafty said...

Love your crazy bird. Thanks for joining us at Crafting From the Heart.
Mary

Debs M said...

woohoo much better accessorised (?sp)!!! Great make - prefer the blue x

Loll said...

Oh my gosh Kathy ... I LOVE the tag when I saw it at the top of your blog post ... the colours are awesome, and the bird is crazy!! :) But then you added the accessories and I actually laughed out loud!! :) So frickin' adorable!! He is one snazzy-looking bird!

I LOVE your blue star card too. So pretty in both colours and with both different star stamps. Can't pick a favourite ... love them both! Thanks again for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Karen D. said...

Lucky you...we used to have a craft TV show but now anymore.
Great tags...so fun and the bkg are so well done and really highlight the look of the crazy birds.

Have a great wknd.
hugs,
K

alethea said...

Oh I love that bird.. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. HUgsxx