Saturday, 29 August 2015

Welcome to challenge day aka SATURDAY!

Hi there readers,

How's your Saturday coming along?

I check my computer at 08:00 to see what the challenge is over at Simply Less Is More .... and then wind the wick up on the stereo whilst listening to Sounds of the Sixties (what does this tell you about my age?) ...... and then the crafting commences! Some weeks are quicker than others and I have even been FIRST to post my make but only a couple of times!

And, readers of my blog will know that I took delivery recently, of the Stampers Anonymous Crazy Things, to go with my Crazy Birds ..... what fun they are? Well, I ALMOST never fail to flog an idea to death so .... here's another ATC with the fabbyliscious birds and their accessories ..


My card
And a close up which show the tie better too!

And the insert and envelope - I NORMALLY stamp my image
on the envelope but figured it wouldn't show against the navy

Materials used:

  • Navy DLcard and matching envelope
  • Snippet of deep red card for image panel
  • Dylusions spray - white
  • Snippet of white card on to which I stamped the Stampers Anonymous crazy bird 
  • Snippet of light blue card and red card on to which I stamped the Stampers Anonymous crazy things hat and tie
  • Alcohol markers to colour, once coloured, the items were fussy cut out
  • For the insert and envelope I stamped the Creative Expressions sentiment using Ranger Archival jet black ink and then highlighted the insert text using a black gel glitter pen ... at this stage I also stamped the image on the insert using Memento Paris Dusk ink

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 239 - LUCKY DIP week .....
  2. Bloggers challenge - August 28th - COME FLY WITH ME
  3. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 90 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES
  4. Addicted to CAS - challenge No. 71 - BLUE ..... whilst my backing panel is RED, my card blank and image colour is definitely blue!

And, in the interest of flogging an idea to death, here's another Crazy bird/Crazy things make .....



My ATC
And a closer view of his dickie bow!
Materials used:
  • Ribbed Kraft ATC blank
  • Snippet of black card and stripey patterned paper
  • Snippet of white card on to which I stamped the "Bella Lugosi" crazy bird and his top hat using Memento tuxedo black ink, I also stamped just the lower portion of "Bella" on to my striped paper ... to save me the effort of fussy cutting around those skinny legs!
  • Snippet of red card on to which I stamped the Crazy Things dickie bow using Ranger Archival sepia ink
  • Once dry I used a Versamark pen and clear embossing powder to double heat emboss and give his dickie bow a high shine
  • Pro Markers to colour the image and hat
  • Signo Uniball white gel pen to add some highlights and to "ground" my bird
  • Black "F" thickness Pitt Pen to doodle a border on the Kraft ATC blank

I'll be entering this ATC for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafts Galore - ANYTHING GOES IN AUGUST
  2. Creative Ladybird - challenge No. 6 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Come Colour with That Craft Place - August challenge - ANYTHING GOES

Yesterday saw the hubby and myself up and at 'em good and early, and on the bus too!!! We were off on the Shaun in the City trail again ... not familiar? Check out the site here, pull up a chair, grab a coffee and enjoy sightseeing with us .... we narrowly avoided getting drenched because we were on a bus at the worst of it. We HAD planned to get off and trundle around looking for more but ...... felt less inclined for the drenching so stayed put! We have until August 31st to catch any more, after that, they will be removed from public display and will, ultimately, be auctioned in October and the money donated to charity. Anyway, here are some ..... we spotted 16 today so they'll be launched over a couple of days ......


This one's in Cabot Circus, the centre's mall complex
and he's called Bagpuss Shaun

Side view, not sure of the story behind the frog, perhaps someone can enlighten me

Lily Bluefin, sighted at the bottom of Castle Green

Please Stand By (test card), located in Broadmead

Shaun on the cob!, located outside (and sponsored by ) M&S
Wish I'd been able to get a side view but there were just
too many people all jostling for photographs

Cecilia, a quilted Shaun! Located within the Galleries, another shopping complex

KnitWit Shaun, located on Castle Green

The ruined Church that is the focal point of Castle Green

Woolly Wonderland, located inside the Corn Exchange building
again, the queues prevented a second shot at this one ....
love the added bonus of the bi-plane behind!

Honey Shaun, located by St Stephen's Church

St Stephen's Church!


Hope you will all have a fab, and creative, weekend

21 comments:

Lilian said...

Great card and ATC Kathy, Like you I live the birds. Love the colours you have used. Great pictures of Shaun, I feel I have seen them all with you. Thanks for sharing

Lilian

Debs M said...

2 fabby makes, loving the birds and their accessories!!! Well done on spotting so many Shauns, love the variety x

Craft-E-Place said...

Great LIM card, now I understand how you manage to post so quickly! I love these Crazy birds - such fun.
I wanted to see Shaun but seem to have run out of time to catch him!
Elaine

SARN said...

Woot woot . . .another lovely selection of Shauns and I'm glad you didn't get drenched.

Oh you ARE having fun with the Crazy Bird accessories aren't you! Fab card and ATC. Good luck in the challenges.

Happy Saturday

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Fab work there Kathy! Gosh you're up and running bright and early! LOVE those Crazy Birds and their accessories - still stroking mine lovingly here :)

And how well you've done finding so many Shauns over the past weeks - they're so ingenious too!

Have a lovely weekend! We have a little bit of sunshine here today as well - very mixed weather just now.

Hugs

Di xx

Ankie vd Polder said...

Two very cute cards. I like those birdies. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

Clare Lloyd said...

Fab crazy birds and I love that bagpuss Shaun.

Barb said...

I have a different routine on Saturday hehe I lie in!
Credit to you for getting started on your challenge early on Saturday. Your card is lovely and I do like those accessories. Love the background too how you've sprayed it. The ATC is fun. He's a cute little guy.

Well done on your Shaun hunt. Some great pictures of your finds. My favs are Knitwit Shaun and Honey Shaun. Barbxx

Jan Ltc said...

Great Lim card & post TFS! xx Jan

My name is Wynneth said...

Splendid card and ATCS kathy, you have certainly hit the ground running with the crazy accessories matey. Love the red background and well done on getting your LIM entry done so speedily and what a splendid creation it is !


Thanks so much for sharing more Shaun pix with us, they are so fabulous I wish I could have seen them IRL.

Luv
Wynneth
X

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A great set of photos there Kathy of Shaun the sheep looks like a lot of fun!
AND WOW! What a brilliant card, funky and fabulous. Great take on the spritzing and misting and I'm thrilled you've linked up at LIM and ATCAS.
Thanks so much. Sarah x

Loll said...

Hi Kathy. Two fabulous makes with your crazy dressed-up birds! :) Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. xx

Liz said...

Your new stamps are so cute. I love what you've made with them, fabulous!

My daughter and I enjoyed the Shaun in the City trail too, we walked for miles!! We managed to do the London one as well, as fifty Shauns were there when we were in London for a few days in April. xx

Joanna Harty said...

Your cards look great! Love the bird with the hat and bowtie all dressed up! :-) Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS!

Carla Brooke said...

Love your fun cards! Thanks for sharing with Creative Lady Birds!

Kandy's Krafts said...

Cute card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Ladybirds challenge. Good Luck.

Neets B said...

You're rocking those birds, Kathy! How fab does he look accessorised and with the spritzed background. Next Saturday at 8am I'll have a vision of you crafting with your 60s tunes :)
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Andree said...

A fabulous ATC, I love the crazy bird. His bow tie is the perfect finishing touch. Brilliant photos of Shaun too.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore August Challenge "Anything Goes" and good luck x

Doni High said...

I so love those crazy birds! ...also loving the red background !
Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Lynne said...

Fab card Kathy and I love all those colourful Shauns.
Lynne xxx

Chrissie said...

This little guy is great fun and I love your backdrop Kathy!
Super pics too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"