Monday, 24 August 2015

Welcome to the start of another week

Morning

A pretty cra**y weekend weather wise wasn't it? Well it sure was  here - nothing much for it but to stay in (and stay dry) and craft!!! Worked for me!

I did a batch of laundry yesterday, washing process finished, opened the door and HORROR OF HORRORS ... how DID a tissue sneak in there! Arrggghhhhhh - don't you hate it when that happens!?!?! I know I do, fortunately, it doesn't happen often.

A pal of mine was spending some time on youtube and spotted a pretty fab mixed media video, knowing several like minded crafters she sent us the link. Now, this video is over 20 minutes long and made by an extremely talented (and PATIENT) crafter. I watched it to the end and quite fancied having a go but I KNEW that "speed of light" crafter that I am I was NEVER going to go in to quite such detail as she did. So ........ here's my own twist on her video, the video itself is at the bottom of this post if you fancy seeing which bits I missed out!

My card

And a closer view of the image panel

And the co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 2 x 13½ cm square white card - Rymans smooth 200gsm
  • 2 x 14cm square black card, for matting
  • Scratch paper and low tack tape, for masking off the image section
  • Paper Artsy squid ink and Basics titanium white acrylic inks applied with a flat brush
  • Paper Arsty JOFY09 images stamped using Ranger Archival watering can and cobalt blue inks
  • Neocolour water soluble wax crayons, inktense pencils, titanium white acrylic, paint brush and water - to colour images
  • Pan Pastels violet applied with a fine Sofft tool to the outer edge of the image panel
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Welove2create (pan pastels) - challenge No. 17 - ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA GOES
  2. CraftyCatz - challenge No. 289 - FLOWERS
  3. Sister Act - challenge No. 120 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 238 - Sketch - see below .... 3rd entry




And here's that video .... ENJOY .... it IS over 20 minutes long so you might either want to take a comfort break and then make coffee or save the link till later! It IS fascinating, and I love the results, but I'm not that patient myself.




14 comments:

SARN said...

Loving the LIM Sketch for a card layout. The card you've made here following inspiration from the video is BRILLIANT Kathy.

HEAVY rain here today . . . plus a trip to the Dentist . . . deep joy!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Love how you made it fit the LIM sketch Kathy. Clever take on the theme. Fab video wasn't it. Well done on such an impressive take on the the theme. Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Thanks for the link Kathy, I might have to watch it tomorrow, I have a birthday cake to make today! Love what you did with the idea though!

Barb said...

I love your card Kathy. Those stamps are really nice and I like the way you've put pan pastels round the edge of the panel. Thanks for putting up the video. I'll watch when I come home this afternoon. Barbxx

Debs M said...

Looks great Kathy and I bet it was done in an instant! well done on making it fit LIM too! x

scrappyjacky said...

We had an extremely hot Saturday followed by a wet Sunday....which had nothing on the sheets of wet stuff that came down today!!

Jac said...

Lovely card love the design too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

catherine said...

Your project looks great Kathy and like how it slants at the bottom of the page. Great layout and love the added sparkle too.! Thanks for the link to the video
x catherine

Gerrina said...

Looks great! I think this is a really succesfull sketch...I see more second entries :) Have a fun week, Gerrina

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Literally swooning here Kathy at your card!
The floral panel has left me speechless and must dash and watch the you tube video! Simply clever and awesome and fabulous!
Thanks as always for playing along.
Sarah
Less is more

Chrissie said...

Crikey Kathy this sketch has really inspired you this week, this is terrific... and purple too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Beate Rauer said...

lovely take on the lim-sketch!

Neets B said...

Gorgeous, Kathy. Love the purple tones and the fabulously crisp line your sentiment is sitting on, and of course the sparkle.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Heather said...

A brilliant card Kathy, I just love now you've used the sketch and with beautifully created those gorgeous flowers!!

hugs
Heather xx