Friday, 28 August 2015

Welcome to the start of the weekend and the Friday Funny

Morning peeps,

Made it to Friday and I hope you all have something pleasing planned for this Public Holiday weekend. Us? Well, we DO have a man coming to look at our super noisy washing machine tomorrow - no idea what time though, at this moment.They will, allegedly, ring us in the morning, once they have an idea of the schedule .... wish us luck with that!

And now, because a day without crafting seems so unusual these days .... AND I took delivery of the Stampers Anonymous "Crazy things" accessory set to go with those fabulous crazy birds ....



My ATC

And a closer view of the sparkle!

Materials used:

  • Snippet of red card as an ATC blank
  • Snippet of white card for my background
  • Snippet of white card on to which I stamped the Stampers Anonymous crazy bird and crazy thing (Santa hat) using Memento tuxedo black ink and the crazy thing (cane) using Adirondack red pepper ink
  • Pro Markers to colour and then I fussy cut out the bird, the hat and the candy cane
  • On the snippet of background card I stamped the crazy bird once more, using Memento tuxedo black and then applied Distress Inks in Victoria velvet and salty ocean - giving the lovely sort of purpley grey colour
  • Using an egg shaped sponge and the Memory Box circles stencil I applied more of the salty ocean ink through - to simulate snowfall which I then highlighted with crystal stickles, also "grounding" my crazy Santa bird
  • I used dimensional foam to attach the hat and then added more crystal stickles to highlight the "fur"

I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. ABC of Christmas - Q IS FOR QUANTUM LEAP (previous challenge) - I went with N=NOT a card!
  2. I Love Pro Markers - challenge No. 283 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 270 - THINGS WITH WINGS
  4. Crafting by Design - August 26th challenge - THINGS WITH WINGS
  5. Happy Little Stampers - Christmas challenge - SPARKLE

Of course, like Pringles (once you pop you can't stop, as they say) ....



Halloween CRAZY!

A close up of the twinkle

And a close up of the detail

Materials used:

  • Snippets of: black card (ATC blank), black spotty card, yellow card (die cut in to circle) and white card .... to stamp my images on to
  • Stampers Anonymous "Bella Lugosi" crazy bird stamped on to white snippet using  Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Stampers Anonymous broomstick and hat (from the hard to get hold of .... until now Crazy things set) stamped using Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa inks
  • Pro Markers to colour before fussy cutting out . .  . with a fiskars finger blade tool I carefully (minding my fingers - if anyone remembers!!!) I cut two slits for the broomstick to slot through "Bella's" wings
  • Yellow circle run through my big shot inside a circle embossing folder before highlighting with Amethyst treasure gold
  • Once I'd decided where I wanted to place my crazy bird I stamped just his legs and bottom of his wings on to the black spotty card using Versamark and then sprinkled with WOW! White puff twinkle embossing powder and heat embossed ... no way black would have shown up!
  • Finally, crystal stickles to highlight and "ground" Bella!!

I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Gals Corner - challenge No. 34 - LOTS OF LAYERS ... there are five
  2. Create and Inspire - challenge No. 28 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Use your Stuff - challenge No. 189 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Macabre Mondays - FUR AND FEATHERS, TOOTH and CLAW - feathers!!! .. is the idea of a crazy bird wearing a witches hat and using a broomstick not truly bizarre?
  5. Polkadoodles - challenge No. 35 - THINGS WITH WINGS

If you want to see more of those crazy birds and their crazy things in action then check out Kath's blog here

Who, like me, watched the launch shows of HOCHANDA (the new craft TV channel in the UK? I guess it WAS their first day and everyone was finding their way around ... I look forward to seeing it develop in to something I might want to watch or even buy from - best of luck HOCHANDA.

And now for the Friday Funny, a cartoon stumbled across by my pal, Wynneth, thanks mate!



Hope I make it through the day without that kind of feeling!, have a great weekend peeps


20 comments:

Barb said...

I love your two Crazy Birds cards Kathy. They do look so cute and funny. I was so pleased when my birds and dies came yesterday and now I realize I NEED the accessories too!

The picture of that dear little dog is so funny. Love it. Barbxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great to see those fab Crazy Birds deployed Kathy. Both projects are amazing.

Love the FF (but then you knew I would ;oD)

Lx

Karren said...

Fun cards and so beautifully made! These little fellows always make me smile :)

Lilian said...

Great ATC's Kathy.
Love the poor looking dog he looks so sad bless him.
Lilian

Alison Barlow said...

Great fun card, Kathy - I love this quirky little robin. Thank you for joining in our Things with Wings challenge at Fab'n Funky.
Alison x

Viv said...

Fab crazy bird cards Kathy, still not used my stamps yet arghhh! love that scruffy doggie too..made me smile...thanks ;) Viv xx

Loll said...

You are having lots of fun with the new accessories for the crazy birds! :) Especially love the Santa bird with his candy "cane". :) So clever! Lots of sparkle, so perfect for the HLS Christmas challenge - Sparkle. Hope you'll enter.

Have a great weekend Kathy!! xx

Kathleen said...

Two fabulous cards and love the colours and the fussy cutting.
Poor little doggie, but made me smile.

Kath x

Amy Cohen said...

Cute and Quirky!!! So sweet, thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT

starcyl said...

This is a lovely make and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Things With Wings

Jenny x
Polkadoodles DT

MaryH said...

Hi Kathy, just chking the HLS Christmas entries to see if I should make some more visits on my responsible numbers. Saw this cute Santa CB, and just had to come over to say how much I love it! (also loved the Halloween version of CB too). Just fun & delightfully adorable, with his Santa outfit, and terrific coloring. Way too cute! TFS & Have a fantastic week. Loved the cartoon...have many weeks I feel this way. Hugs.

Hettie said...

Haa Haa you have made some great ATCs there!
I have been looking at your Sheep pics. My friend and her two daughters made it to see every one of them! I was in Salisbury yesterday following some of the Barons so know what you mean about getting photos.
Hugs
xx

Erika Horvathova said...

these are amazing :), love color combo on both.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner
Erika, DT

Bev said...

Oh what fun! I adore these stamps and they're on my 'want' list. Thank you for taking the time to join in with the fun in our things with wings challenge this fortnight over at Polkadoodles

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant, fun card I love it thank you for joining our challenge at FAB 'N' FUNKY
hugs
lorraine x

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous ATC. That bird is so cute, love it. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

LesLee said...

LOVE IT!!! LOL so many possibilities with those crazy birds. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge. xx

Claire said...

Gorgeous make! Thanks for joining our 'Things with Wings' Challenge over at Polkadoodles
Claire xx

Wendy Russell said...

Fabulous creation, love it and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Wendy (DT).xx

Penny said...

Thanks for visiting our Things With Wings ChallengeI love these images and what you have done with them.

We would love to see you overt the new challenge of Shabby Chic too


Penny (Polkadoodles DT)