Sunday, 23 August 2015

Welcome to Sunday morning

Morning all,

You know how sometimes you get taken by a technique? Well, for me, this past week or so has been ALL ABOUT the Joseph's Coat Technique. Looking back at my posts it seems like everything's been JCT! I like to flog a technique to death, it's one way to get it in to my head "good and proper!". So, no more, I'm done - till the next time!!! But, I PROMISE, no JCT in this post!

Yesterday, I shared a photo with you all .... it showed the materials I had received from my ATC swap buddy on the Isle of Skye. She had sent me a snippet of white card upon which she had white embossed a brocade design, there was also a 6cm square snippet of mulberry paper and a die cut frame .... and I asked for suggestions for what to turn these materials in to .... well, here's how they developed ...

Coloured to give this a vintage style feel to it - hope my swap buddy approves
of my treatment of her materials

Materials used: (in addition to those listed above)
  • ATC blank made from Kraft card snippet
  • Black card snippet cut to ATC size
  • Black organza ribbon
  • Paper Artsy image (it's a bit of a Harlowesque image contained within a star, I love it and use it a lot - figured it looked like a cameo or locket image)
  • Distress Inks: hickory smoke and tea dye - to colour embossed panel and image
  • Water brush .... used to draw lines on the mulberry paper, to make ripping easier
  • Double sided tape ..... placed across the ATC and upon which I was able to lay the strips of mulberry paper as they weren't long enough on their own


I'll be entering this for the following challenges:

  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 191 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE
  2. Wags 'n Whiskers - challenge No. 160 - FRAME IT OUT
  3. Bloggers Challenge - August 21st - "B" is for BACKGROUNDS


In case you didn't catch yesterdays post, here's how those materials came to me ...





And I was on a bit of a crafting roll yesterday, so here's another make, this time it's a Christmas card  and NO JOSEPH'S COAT!!! ...

My card


And a close up view

And the co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • White DL, 300gsm, linen effect card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card for image panel and insert
  • Black card for matting
  • Low tack tape for masking
  • Distress Inks: tumbled glass and salty ocean
  • Kaisercraft mini triangles and crackle stamped using the salty ocean ink
  • Stamplorations sentiment and Chocolate Baroque snowflake image stamped Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Tsukineko shimmer goosebumps sprayed to seal and protect water based inks and to add shimmer and texture
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Little Claires - challenge No. 60 - Christmas in August
  2. Hiding In My Craft Room - challenge No. 213 - ANY HOLIDAY
  3. Addicted to Stamps and More - challenge No. 158 - HOLIDAY
  4. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 238 - SKETCH - see below






16 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

you did well with the snippets Kathy, I don't think I'd have managed anything so nice. Love the Christmas card too - you must have quite a stash of then now.

Clare Lloyd said...

Super makes kathy

Lynne said...

Oh wow Kathy, great minds do think alike lol. Smashing card and you did well with your snippets too.
Lynne xxx

Debs M said...

well done with the atc and fabby card too x

SARN said...

Just KNEW you would make a fab ATC out of the materials I would have despaired with! Top marks!

Love the Christmas card too. I need to make 4 (yes FOUR) Christmas cards today (3 for a class and 1 for Rudolph Day!). Better get my skates on then! lol!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Neets B said...

Another fab tall card, Kathy. Love that snowflake stamp.
Thanks for sharing at Less is More and ATSM this week, Anita x

Darnell J Knauss said...

Another great sketch make and an awesome transformation with your snippets card, Kathy! It's always a pleasure to be included in your process!! Hugs, Darnell

Barb said...

I love what you've done with the pieces you received from your friend. It didn't take you long to come up with something special. The Christmas snowflake card is lovely. The two colours of blue look lovely and icey. Barbxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Loving what you did with the ATC materials Kathy, I'm not sure I would have known where to start with them !

Love the LIM Christmas card, the blue really pops.

luv
wynneth
x

Rahmat said...

Such a beauty, love the tall card with gorgeous colors. So very glad to see you at ATSM.

Di said...

Well done Kathy! I would still be sat sitting here staring at those bits and bobs you used to make your brilliant card! :)

And I do love your LIM entry as well!

Hugs

Di xx

sue k said...

Beautiful cards, the love the color combo and design on the Christmas card. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Another fantastic and clever take on the sketch Kathy!
I'm catching up on comments backwards so apologies for commenting on the more recent one first.
Thanks so much for playing along at less is more again
Sarah x

Chrissie said...

Another lovely one Kathy, I like those snowflakes following the line of the lower section, you've got the angles just right!
Thanks again
Chrissie
"Less is More"

MaryH said...

You always have such neat techniques, so now I must scroll around here, to find out what this one is & how you do it! Loved the brocade background, and I admire you for thinking what you could do with one you received. That would blow my mind, I think! You succeeded in turning your surprise ATC motif into something unique & lovely, and well done! TFS & Happy wkend.

Lena's Creations said...

Love your take on the sketch. Although very CAS, it's still a beautiful card. Love the blue and white colour combo!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
♥ Lena – DT
Lena’s Creations