Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Welcome to Wednesday ... it's WOYWDW!

Morning all,

And hasn't it been a wet and wild week thus far peeps!?!?!?! Just so much easier to make a cuppa and sit (or, in my case, stand!) and craft ... so I did!

In crafting circles yesterday was Rudolph Day ...... an excuse to make at least ONE Christmas card per month throughout the year, except December (obviously ... other things to do on December 25th ... like rip open PRESENTS!)!!. I had planned to make a bit of a batch but what actually happened was that I made the card below ... and a tag!????!???!??!? No idea what went awry there but ..... I'm blaming the weather - I'll be sharing the tag tomorrow, trying to pace myself after some recent rather EPIC posts!


My card

And a close up of the sparkle

My insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • White linen effect, 300gsm, DL card and matching sized envelope
  • 2 9 x 20cm white card panels
  • Gold glitter card, for matting
  • Hero Arts scribbled circle stamped using Brilliance rocket red gold ink
  • Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • JOFY HM06 star image stamped using Memento tuxedo black (envelope and insert) and Versamark inks
  • Gold Dazzle embossing powder liberally sprinkled, excess tapped off and then heat embossed
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Memento rhubarb stalk ink
  • Faux crystal gemstones and Crystal stickles to highlight and add sparkle!

Reckon this would rock in green and in blue so maybe I'll make that batch yet! 

I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Scraps of Life - August Rudolph Day - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS-y GOES
  2. Happy Little Stampers - August Christmas challenge - SPARKLE
  3. Craftbubble2½ (membership required) - Jul/Aug Rudolph Day - USE NON CHRISTMAS IMAGE TO MAKE A CHRISTMAS CARD
  4. Paper Artsy - challenge No. 16 - CIRCLES (well one large one and several little ones)!

And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday, here's the peek at my desk - it doesn't change a whole lot, it's pretty much ALWAYS messy!!!


Memo to self: TIDY the blimmin' desk!!! No more excuses!


15 comments:

SARN said...

Happy WOYWW matey.

Love the schparkly starry festive make today.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

fabby make - I am so behind on Christmas cards! I looked for a non christmassy one but didn't find and inspiration! I will hae to look though again!

Yep the music paper was from wantage x

Lesley Thomas said...

you are so brave, showing us your workdesk every week - mine is in a real disgrace, but then I do use dies as well, and all the bits get everywhere!

Barb said...

Happy WOYWW Kathy. I love your sparkly card. That embossing powder is gorgeous. I always seem to over heat my sparkly ones so they don't come out often. May I ask what you use the spray starch for - surely not when ironing!
Barb xx

Jane Willis said...

What a super card and the matching envelope makes it extra special
Jane

LesLee said...

Oh Oh Oh... I sO love this card.. it is CAS very sparkly and simply perfect... Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge xx

Loll said...

LOVE your card Kathy. Great background with the circles and splatters. And those stars are so pretty and sparkly. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Helen said...

Fabulous card! Love the touch of sparkle...and the co-ordinating bits!
Thanks for joining in the Rudolph Day fun!
Helen x
(Guest Designer)

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card, love the pink and the glitter, simple and stunning make.
I did giggle at the "rip open the presents"

Kath x

Asha said...

Very pretty card, Kathy! LOVE the glitter.
hugs, Asha

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a beautiful card! I love the soft colour and the sparkly stars together. Top job matey. Lx

LesleyG said...

Love your sparkly fresh modern card! Tidy desk? Nah! Xxx

Susan said...

Lovely, unique Christmas card - great colours, layout, and splatters. Perfect sparkle for the Happy Little Stampers challenge - thanks so much for joining us!

MaryH said...

Love the artsy look of this pretty pink sparkler. Inspired minimalist design, but lots of impact with the color & sparkle. Love it! And your desk looks positively tidy to me. Happy Sunday, and TFS. Hugs

scrappymo! said...

Your pink sparkle card is wonderful Very festive and pretty.

Thanks for taking part in the August Rudolph Days Challenge.