Friday, 14 August 2015

Welcome to the weekend and the rather random Friday Funny!!!

Morning all

After a couple of really MARATHON posts this week, I've tasked myself with keeping this one, well, SHORTER !!! Wish me luck!

I'm hoping to be off out shortly, going to be crafting with my pal, Lilian .... just gotta remember my brusho backgrounds (which I did on Wednesday, as they need to be dry for this morning) and my masking fluid!! Woo Hoo! We just MIGHT even cover the Joseph's Coat Technique, as mentioned recently by me (and others) in blogland. I'd really like to have another go at a make which will look more like the JCT than my first attempt ... the tag featured in Wednesday's post. Whilst I really liked the tag it wasn't REALLY Joseph's Coat so much as a nice tag! Why MIGHT I not be going? Well, on Thursday morning I awoke (after a rubbish night) with my back in spasm so was taking it super easy yesterday and quaffing ibuprofen at the regularly approved intervals ....... this morning I SHOULD know whether it worked!

I recently spotted a CAS card whilst blog hopping which simply used a sentiment and a splat .... quite took my eye, so I knew I just had to CASe it and add my own spin ..... my grateful thanks to Jane from the Cupboard under the stairs - just follow this link and you will see her original card. In the meantime, here is my take on her card.....



My card

And a close up of the twinklesfest splats!

And my co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card, for image and insert panels
  • 14cm square red card panel for matting
  • Inkadinkado sentiment (from Christmas tag wishes 98412) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Kaisercraft splats (from CS162 - stains set) stamped using Versamark ink.
  • Stamping stuff red dragon and Funstamps gold dazzle embossing powders liberally sprinkled and the excess shaken off before heat embossing

So simple  ... so VERY C.A.S. and so non Christmas-y an image for a Christmas-y card!!! Make a great batch card too ... AND (if I'm honest) that Inkadinkado Christmas set has (up to now) been SERIOUSLY under used!

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Through The Craft Room Door - August 11-17 challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Tuesday Throwdown - challenge No. 257 - YOUR FAVOURITE OCCASION ... no prizes for guessing that mine's Christmas!
  3. Creative Card Crew - challenge No. 93 - SPARKLE, glitter or anything else that sparkles!
  4. Craftbubble2½ (membership required) - July 25th - Sept 24th Rudolph Day - USE A NON CHRISTMAS IMAGE TO MAKE A CHRISTMAS CARD
  5. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - August EXTRA - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
  6. Happy Little Stampers - AUGUST Christmas Challenge - SPARKLE

And now for the Friday Funny ... how true?!?! How many times have you seen this message on something?!?!?!?!


This could be me today!!!! I'm still feeling a LITTLE broken!
Should mean I'm safe from sharks then!

I'm running out of Friday Funnies and had to find this one on t'internet. I hold a draw (for all the names of people who submit FF's that get used) at the end of the year and the winner gets a small prize ...... 

If you want to send me your F.F. .... leave me two comments the first one with your genuine comment on my post and the second that has your e-mail address (because, obviously, I won't post that where others can see it). I'll be happy to e-mail you for the F.F.. IF your Funny has pix can you please send them as attachments to the e-mail rather than in the body of the e-mail. Looking forward to hearing from you.


10 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Impressive sparkle on those festive splats Mrs K. Have a great weekend. Love the Friday Funny :oD

Lx

Squirrel x said...

Now this is splatastic hun, and what a super "different" Christmas card. I may well be sneaking some inspiration from you. I can see me making a few similar to this. Hugs xx

Debs M said...

great make - I have lost my splat stamps somewhere in the craft room....wll they ever be seen again????????

Barb said...

What a great splat card Kathy. That does really work.

Hope you'll feel well enough to go to play with Lillian. Barbxx

SARN said...

So that's MY Christmas card made then! Thanks! LOL!

FF was funny too.

Seriously hope your back is ok and the spasm has passed. Be kind to yourself.

Gentle hugs,
Sarn xxx

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a beautiful and festive design. Love the colors and details. Thanks for your entry in our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

Loll said...

Great CASE of Jane's card, Kathy! Love the pretty red and gold splats that sparkle! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers! xx

Susan said...

Love those sparkly splats! A unique Christmas card - I'm hoping to CASE it! Thanks so much for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

My name is Wynneth said...

Oooo YES pretty splatty Christmas card Kathy, love it ! So different and a definite inspiration with all that sparkly embossing.

The FF made me smile ;o)

luv
wynneth
x

Theresa Pace said...

love this alternative Christmas card. sorry i'm late on parade but my internet is not good while on hols. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD, Theresa DT xx