Friday, 7 August 2015

Welcome to the weekend

Morning peeps,

This post is a little photo heavy so it MIGHT be time to make that coffee before you read on ...

I've photos of my craft-y day out on Wednesday ... but, first, I'd like to share today's make with you - you will see that it even uses new stash! How gratifying is it to break the seal on new stash? AND within 24 hours too -yee haa!



My card
And its added sparkle

And the co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:

  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panels (2, to include insert)
  • 14cm square navy card panels (2, to include insert)
  • Visible Image background (from their "EDGY" set) stamped using Memento Bahama Blue ink
  • Stamplorations (from their Christmas sentiment builders) stamped using Versafine onyx black and smokey grey inks
  • Imagination Crafts sparkle medium (clear) applied through a Memory Box stencil (zippy dots), to add some festive sparkle!

The background image and stencil are from my new stash haul - which you can see below.

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Happy Little Stampers - August Christmas challenge - SPARKLE
  2. Try It On Tuesday - August 4th challenge - USE STENCIL/S
  3. Addicted to Stamps and More - challenge No. 156 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Everybody Art - challenge No. 334 - EMBOSSING (went with embossing paste through a stencil)
  5. Through The Craft Room Door - August 4th challenge - ANYTHING GOES

Well, having been away from my desk, visiting with a craft-y pal and taking a trip to the Pink Tulip ... I SUPPOSE you MIGHT want to know what we got up to ...? 


Cherry, mid shop!
It was our first visit to this store so we were like kids in a sweet shop

The Pink Tulip

Kathy on a mission, sometimes I wonder whether I mistake days like this for a ....
trolley dash!


The workshop facilities at the Pink Tulip
We sat down over a cuppa, compared stash hauls and then, wouldn't you know it?
we simply HAD to go round again!
My Pink Tulip stash haul

Our pit stop for lunch - no we DIDN'T drink all those bottles!
Though the mirror in the ladies did proclaim
"Of COURSE size matters ... who's gonna want a SMALL glass of wine"????


We had a lovely shop, the ladies (and gent) there were so nice, they made us a cup of tea too - very welcoming. Once we'd left there it was on to lunch ... we'd spotted the Twisted Spoon on the outbound journey so headed there. On arrival we found the Twisted Spoon was the tea room attached to the Oak ..... after a brief discussion we headed in to the pub (for a diet coke and a sparkling mineral water - very alcoholic - NOT!). Nice menu and the food looked and tasted great too ..... and the desserts!! I would have taken a photo but we were too busy eating it! Suffice it to say, fresh cut ham, egg and chips for me and Halloumi and rocket salad for Cherry .... followed by the super decadent Belgian waffles (for me) and chocolate brownie!!! Mmmmm, didn't need to eat that evening then! We'll be saving our calories till we can go again!


And now for the Friday Funny, courtesy of Lilian - thanks mate, it set me thinking about Minions - hence the animation below it


This is just meant to be funny and is not intended to offend

This weekend sees the Balloon Fiesta in full flight (weather permitting). Last evening we caught a few (including a minion) over Horfield Common whilst we were on a Shawn the sheep hunt ... but you will have to wait until tomorrow for those - too many pix in one post otherwise!



Horfield common and the balloons

Who doesn't love a minion?


I was tooling around on the internet and came across this graphic, now I LOVE minions (esp BOB) so simply had to include this animation




17 comments:

Lilian said...

Sure looks as though Herry and yourslf had a good time judging by the pictures,
Love the look af your new stash,

Great pictures of the ballons as well.

Love the minions.

lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

A truly drool-worthy post. Great pics. Like a fool, I found myself trying to peer into your shopping basket. What can I say? I was in the moment :oD Loving those minions :oD The balloon is SO cool!

Cherry said...

Captured the day very well there Mrs K. Great pics. The card looks fab and you obviously needed that shopping trip to do it. Loving the balloons and the minions, of course. Have a happy Friday indeed. Hugs Cherry xxxx

Barb said...

What a fantastic post. Glad I made a cuppa first as per your instructions! Firstly I love your Christmas card and envelope. I'd have never thought to use that stamp in that way - genius!

Loved seeing all the photos. Isn't it funny about having to do a second trip after your workshop. My friends and I do that when we have a morning workshop at Loobi. I bet we ALL do it. It looks as if you and Cherry found a lovely place for your meal.

I only found out about Minions a couple of weeks ago. They are very funny. I'm not usually a fan of modern cartoons. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

Clare Lloyd said...

super photos and card kathy.

scrappyjacky said...

I really wish I had a shop like that here....it looks wonderful.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love that card! Looks like the perfect card for a whole series of them - a brilliant way to use your new stencil! I went to Pink Tulip on the way to the WOYWW crop - it really is an amazing shop - hubby persuaded me (LOL!) to buy new dies and stamps….! I can't wait to go again!! I saw the balloon festival on TV this morning - reminded me of when my boys were little and we used to go down to Cornwall about this time of year and used to see the balloons on the way!! I will have to come back tomorrow! Nearly forgot to mention that I am so pleased you joined us at Try it on Tuesday! Chrisx

SARN said...

It's a great CAS Christmas card mate.

The Pink Tulip looks amazing - great looking craft shop.

Wishing clear skies for the Loony Fiesta.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Amazing CAS and great photos! Thanks a lot for sharing with us at TIOT's!
oxo Susi

Debs M said...

ooh looks fab! wish I could have been shopping with you :) great make x

Chriss Blagrave said...

Fabulous post! Love the sparkling Christmas card, great design!
It looks like you had a truly lovely visit at the Pink Tulip, ballon fest and the lunch stop must have been divine!

sirkkis said...

Great card. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT.

Linda Osterwise, DT said...

Kathy, I share your love of Minions - especially Bob, because that's my hubby's name. Your card looks great - my fav color, and the added sparkles. Great job. Thank you for joining us this week in the Through The Craft Room Door challenge.

Hugz,
Linda

Nicole Diedrichs said...

Great card with a cool background stamp! Thank you for joining the ATSM Challenge. Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

Susan said...

Love that sparkly medium you used with your stencil - I must investigate that! A great CAS card. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Wei Wei Wang said...

Fabulous CAS card! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

Inkyfingers said...

What a fantastic artsy and contemporary Christmas card Kathy, and I agree - it is always great to get to use new stuff. Your shopping trip looked great and I wish we had a store like that in my part of the country!
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.