Wednesday, 2 September 2015

A new challenge, a GDTM and WOYWDW

Hi readers,

I'm a bit late with today's post but there IS a reason for that, if you read on ......

I was recently asked if I would be interested in a Guest Design Team Member over at Dragons Dream TIO and I said, "yes please" and "thank you very much"! Well, today is the day that this GDTM slot goes "LIVE" and the theme? It is ... the number THREE .... now this is fairly broad, it can be any three's, the numeric three, three images etc .... the choice is yours. I couldn't resist the urge to use 3 stencils, 3 inks and 3 stamps - talk about overkill! Without further ado, here is my tag:-



My finished tag


THREE die cuts and first coat of paint - weathered wood

First stencil and 2nd paint - picked raspberry

Second stencil and paint number THREE - black soot

The number THREE, as a border

Materials used:
  • White luggage tag - 60 x 120mm
  • Memory box bubble die cut (x3) attached to the tag using Ranger matte gel medium (recently acquired stash from a shopping expedition with pal, Cherry)
  • Distress Paint in weathered wood sponged over the entire tag
  • Distress Paint in picked raspberry sponged through Memory Box grid stencil 
  • Distress Paint in black soot sponged through the TCW faux brick stencil
  • Inkadinkado numeric three stamped as a border using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Paper Artsy image stamped on to white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink and fussy cut out before adhering to tag

Then, being on a bit of a roll, I carried on and made this one:-




And here's how I achieved it ..

Inked and watered!

Three Distress Inks and Three stencils (one of which featured the number THREE

Gooosebumps spritzed

Materials used:
  • White luggage tag, 60 x 120mm
  • Distress Inks, applied with a Tim Holtz mini blending tool:- hickory smoke (all over and then again through a stencil), aged mahogany (through another stencil) and rusty hinge (around the edge)
  • TCW and Memory Box Stencils
  • My three stamps were by Inkadinkado (rock star set), Fiskars (all boy set) and Visible Image (Edgy set)
  • Versafine onyx black ink for the stamping
  • Tsukineko "goosebumps" sprayed randomly. As you can see from the photo above, it was applied unevenly to add interest and texture as well as to protect the water based inks


My THREE stencils

My THREE Distress Inks

And my THREE images

I'll also be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Dragons Dream TIO - challenge - TO USE THE NUMBER THREE
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - September 1st challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Clear It Out - September 1st challenge - ANYTHING GOES - I used lots of inks in this tag AND some goosebumps which I've had so long I had to clear the nozzle before I could use it!
  4. Scrap Creations - September 1st challenge - ANYTHING GOES

Hubby and I had one last trip round the Shaun in the City trail and here are the last few pix, taken August 31st - the last day they were on public display. I was trying to take front view, side view and then a close up of the head ... but it was so busy that I was lucky to get one shot without a crowd! At least I don't mind publishing this one as you can't see the children properly



See what I mean?
BAAlloons Shaun, sited in view of the Clifton Suspension Bridge

Clifton Suspension Bridge, which is obviously undergoing some maintenance work

Helter Skelter Shaun, sited in Clifton Village
within The Mall Gardens

Helter Skelter's side view

Off on the trail of the next one

Can you see him yet? He's the red blob on the left hand side

And here he is Jarsberry RAM!

And we're off, on foot, to the next one

Following the Harbourside walk

to see Sgt Shepherd!


With the added bonus of a steam train named Judy!


The Harbourside walk also takes in a dry dock, doesn't this barge look tiny in there?
Someone was onboard, painting it though.

And, finally, Lotus Shaun, sited on Gas Ferry Road, close to the S.S. Great Britain

Feeling hungry ..... again?


Thanks for joining us on our tour of Bristol and the Shaun in the City trail, hope you've had fun, we did and (SURPRISINGLY) didn't get wet either, despite the blackness of the clouds!!! Feel free to click on any of the links I've added, you never know, you might find yourself wanting to visit Bristol too! Despite our best efforts on the trail of Shaun's we still only notched up 46 out of 70!

And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday ....  here's a sneaky peek at my work desk .... yes, alright, it's as untidy as usual and yes, as always, it's a VERY small area!!! Feast your eyes ....






I have a serious question for you all ...... this morning I received an e-mail purporting to be from someone I was friendly (electronically) about three, four years ago. My question is: WOULD YOU HAVE OPENED THE ATTACHMENT? Let me give you some more information ...... the e-mail originated from a Canadian service provider (last I heard this person was in Devon, England) and was different from the one included in the body of the e-mail. Also, after all this time ... the e-mail wished me merely "Salutations" and included a link to a web site!!

FYI: not only did I NOT open the attachment but I have marked it as spam so no more should be allowed through. If you genuinely sent me this e-mail JSL then please leave me a comment.

And I found out that one of my cards got picked over at CAS-ual Friday .... for my entry for their "pretty patterns" challenge ... I'm chuffed to bits - it's been mailed out already but I HOPE the recipient loves it too.


 
                                                                                              And this was my card

15 comments:

Barb said...

Glad to be the first to say "Congratulations"to you on being asked to be a Guest Designer. Well Done Kathy! Your two tags are fantastic and certainly very inspirational. Barbxx

Barb said...

Oh Kathy, what a lovely day for you. More congrats on being picked too. And no I wouldn't have opened it. I had two strange ones like that today and both got deleted. Barbxx

catherine said...

Fabulous tag Kathy and thanks so much for being our guest designer this challenge. fantastic use of the number 3 theme
x catherine

Clare Lloyd said...

Super tag kathy and well done on your wins/GT.

Debs M said...

well done on the gdt slot - loving the tag and the bubble die cut! Loving those sheep - can't decide which is my fave!! Great makes and no I wouldn't have opened it! x

Becca Cruger said...

Congrats on the guestie slot! I loved watching your process unfold in pictures. You've got layers and layers of goodness going on and a really interesting color scheme. I never would have thought to put those three colors together.

And the Shaun the Sheep tour looks like it was a lot of fun! What a great date idea!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Clear It Out, good luck!!! Amy DT

My name is Wynneth said...

Love love your threesome tag kathy ! Loving all the different colours and textures your incorporated into your design. Congrats on your GDDT slot, not all surprised they got you on board. Love the second tag too, the goosebumps looks fab.

Thanks so much for your virtual tour of Bristol and all the Shauns you found, great pix.

Luv
Wynneth
X

SARN said...

YAY - MANY CONGRATULAIONS on your Guest Designer place Kathy. Well done that Woman!

And thank you for yet more Shauns. They have been lots of fun.

No wonder you got picked for CAS-ual Friday - that card is FABULOUS.

Onto today's tags . . . all lovely and inky and in trio's . . . simply marvellous.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Particularly love the rock star tag.

Rein said...

Great rock star tag!

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! HOW did I miss this fabulous post!? What a fantastic tag. I LOVE it! Top job matey!

Lx

Cara Malmrose said...

Awesome tag Kathy! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
Warm Regards, Cara
Through The Craft Room Door {Owner}
TTCRD Challenge Blog
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! What a brilliant post - congratulations on your GD spot - love both of the tags! I have loved your little Shaun tours - what a good idea! I don't open things that look iffy -if it's important they will be in touch again, must say that looked definitely iffy! I don't answer phone calls if I don't recognise the number on my mobile - need to get caller display for home too!! Chrisx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a gorgeous tag with great details. Thanks for joining us at Dragons Dream Tag It On.
And thanks for sharing the photos.