Tuesday, 15 September 2015

A TUESDAY? and a post from the Purple Princess?

Whatever next? Morning all,

Well, I've been FORCED to craft ... yeah .. right! You're not fooled are you? I almost have been though ...... most of the rooms in the house are currently inaccessible because the cr*p from the lounge has overspilled. I'm banned from helping with the decorating (thank GOODNESS!) - so, what else is a girl to do when it's raining outside? Put it this way .... crafting's what I came up with!


My card

A close up of the inky panel

My coordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, card blank
  • White card for matting, layering and image panel
  • Black card for matting
  • Green card for matting
  • Distress Ink in twisted citron applied all over the image panel using an egg shaped cosmetic sponge and also stencilled through the That's Crafty "Dinky" squared stencil 
  • Without cleaning the sponge I added Distress Ink in peacock feathers to the mix and stencilled through another Dinky stencil and the TCW faux brick stencil
  • Again, without cleaning the sponge I added Distress Ink in evergreen bough to the mix and stencilled through my TCW numbers stencil and then add some color box white ink and back through the Dinky circles stencil - to give more "texture"
  • Using the fabulous Bo Bunny edging image (seen more clearly on the insert and envelope) inked up using Memento bamboo leaves I went bonkers with it .... stamping around the edges of my inked panel, the green matting layer and across the card, insert and envelope
  • CAS-ual Fridays sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to the image panel to protect and seal the water based inks

I THOUGHT about adding a focal image in black but decided it would just distract the eye from the stencilling - hope you agree.

I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. The Craft Barn - weekly challenge September 9th - STENCILS/MASKS .... used several stencils
  2. Pile it on - challenge No. 86 - BIRTHDAY
  3. Robyn's Fetish - challenge No. 281 - Cards with numbers on them
  4. Suzi Bee's - challenge No. 97 - ANYTHING GOES with the added twist of MONOCHROME though I understand touches of black and white are also allowed - hopefully!!!
  5. Bloggers challenge - September 11th challenge - STENCIL IT

And then .... a Christmas card. Actually, you may recognise the stamps from yesterday's post. A canny pal reckoned it would make a cool Christmas card so, I thought, what the heck? Thanks Debs



My card
And a close up to show the twinkle!

And the co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:-

  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card for image panel, card front and insert + snippet for sentiment
  • Red card for matting
  • Visible Image stamped (from the Universal set) stamped using Brilliance rocket red, galaxy gold and ivy inks; I used the thick and thin scribbled circles and then the scribbled disk
  • Hero Arts (wood mounted - time I used some of those or got rid of them!) sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Crystal stickles to scribble around the circles on the image panel and to highlight the sentiment, it's really QUITE sparkly!

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Craftbubble2½ (membership required) - July thru Sept Rudolph Day - USE NON CHRISTMAS IMAGES TO MAKE A CHRISTMAS CARD ... I've been so very taken with this idea to turn regular stamps in to Christmas cards that I have made no less than THIRTEEN cards for this challenge!!! That's REALLY helped me catch up on my 2015 quota, I can tell you!
  2. Merry  Mondays - challenge No. 171 - MAKE THE SENTIMENT THE SPOTLIGHT
  3. Sweet Stamps - 14th September challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Christmas Stamping All Year Long - challenge No. 55 - ANYTHING GOES

You can go back to your regular day now, thanks for stopping by ... see you tomorrow for my normal Wednesday post!


13 comments:

Debs M said...

2 great makes, the stencilling is fab and the crimble card looks great too x

SARN said...

Another two fabulous cards Kathy . . . although the green one is my fave.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the green.

Barb said...

You got banned from decorating - Lucky Girl! I always end up being the goffer.

Two lovely cards Kathy. Green is my favourite colour and I like the background you've put behind your panel. And that lovely pebble stamp again. I really like those stamps used together. Barbxx

Craftyrose said...

The green is calming and the red is beautifully vibrant. Wonder what colour the decorator is feeling?? Lovely creations.xx

Celeste Goff said...

Two fabulous cards! Love the holiday card and that glittery and pretty background!

Tina said...

super cute card..thanks for sharing at pile it on

Debbie Henderson said...

Love all the swirly's on your stamped layer, so neat! Thanks for playing with our team this week at Merry Monday!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love your cards - Great use of stenciling. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Kristie Goulet said...

Great cards, Kathy! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

Jane said...

Lovely cards, simple but beautiful! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

Scrapmate said...

I like your stencilled panel very much.

Robin Parker said...

What a clever way to use your number background paper, great idea! Thanks for sharing on The Robyn's Fetish Challenge #281 - Cards With Numbers On Them