Sunday, 6 September 2015

Lazy (and SUNNY) Sunday morning ... just!

Hello dear readers,

I'm a bit late with today's post as I never reached my table of craftiness yesterday after about 10:00 ... due to quite a number of factors - visitors, domestic chores, preparations for decorate-athon etc! 

Anyway, I'd like to share today's make with you ... I saw a sketch yesterday - now I LOVE a sketch but don't seem to have made a card using one for an absolute age. This sketch didn't immediately appeal to me but .... having stewed on it overnight, here's what happened:-


My card

A close up of the image panel

The co-ordinating insert and envelope


the snippets

the stamps
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250 gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panels for image panel and insert 
  • Snippet of grey card (for matting), navy card (for sketch and sentiment panels) and white card for sentiment and image
  • Go Kreate scalllop square die used to cut the sketch square
  • Tim Holtz embossing circles folder
  • Close to my Heart image (D1523 Sweet Music) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Imagine That (mix and Match) "happy" stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Stamplorations (sentiment builder HAPPY) "Birthday" stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink ... I would have used the fabulous word "Happy" from this set too (esp as I was entering the manufacturers challenge) but it was just too big for the space I had available, so I had to look for a suitable (and SMALLER) alternative!
  • Navy alcohol marker used to draw an edge around the panels

I'd like to enter this for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 193 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE
  2. The Craft Barn - weekly challenge Sept 6th - STAMPING
  3. Sweet Stamping - September 5th challenge - LETS GET MUSICAL
  4. CAS-ual Friday - Challenge No. CFC143 - MUSICAL
  5. Stamplorations  - September challenge - THEME: music and a SKETCH (see below). As I've used a Stamplorations sentiment this also allows me an entry to the blog's never ending ATG challenge - thanks peeps!


Enjoy your Sunday

14 comments:

Debs M said...

Great sketch and I love your interpretation! x

Barb said...

Oh I like that a lot. Lovely image too. Barbxx

catherine said...

Fabulous take on the sketch Kathy and love the stamped image
x catherine

SARN said...

Oh I think you nailed that sketch Kathy.

Thanks for entering into the Snippets Playground . . . I've got my beady eye on you Missus!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Florence said...

Fabulous card and design Kathy. Love how you have matched up the envelope and insert.
Flo :)

Lesley Thomas said...

Love your take on the sketch Kathy, you really nailed it!

Jane Willis said...

What a fab card, I love that images, really atmospheric, and you've kept that atmosphere in your card. I've been tagged in the Snippets Playground by Liz - I'm tagging you . . . you're IT! Go run after another player and tag them next!
Jane

Becca Cruger said...

This sketch was rather tricky for me, too, so I feel your pain. But after "stewing" on it, I actually really liked the end result. And this one is the same! It's super cool and it almost looks like that trumpeter is blowing inside a window. Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations!

Lilian said...

Great card from the sketch kathy. Well done,

lilian

Craftyrose said...

Love this creation Kathy! xx

Thordis said...

Beautiful take on our challenge and the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week :)

Cass said...

Fab card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Jane said...

A lovely simple card! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn challenge.
Jane x

Sari / Granne said...

Fabulous masculine take on the sketch, love how you did the hole matching set. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations September challenge, hope to see you back in October.