Monday, 21 September 2015

Morning and welcome to another week

Morning all,

It's the start of a pretty busy week for me this week ..... regular readers will know we are decorating and it's all coming to a close but .... you know what it's like (think dominoes and I don't mean the pizza!!). What started as the simple purchase of a bed turned in to a carpet for a different room (don't ask). Well, if we're having a new carpet we'd better decorate and if we're having a new bed we'd best have the carpet cleaned .. you getting the picture? All in all choas reigns in our house right now, I'm sure we'll both be glad when this week is OVER!

So, all my stash moved in to another room - and not all in the SAME other room! I was thinking I was doing pretty well with the challenges I've managed in the last chaotic ten days and then the ladies over at Simply Less Is More threw a bit of a curve ball with their latest challenge theme of technology - HMMM! I thought long and hard about this and searched and re-searched my "reachable" stash before coming up with this .....


My card

And a close up of the image panel

And the co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • Deep Red (from Craft Creations - I've had this batch of cards for ages and am using them as part of my de-stashing programme!) 5" x 7", 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card and black card for my card front and insert
  • Snippets of card in: white, kraft and black for my image panel
  • Finnabair background image stamped using Memento London fog ink - thanks Loll!
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Ranger archival watering can ink (stamped off once first so the splatters weren't so dark)
  • Stampers Anonymous telephone image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink .... which I also used to edge the white image panel
  • WOW! sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Visible Image (Craft Stamper freebie) mini flourish stamped around the outer edge using Distress Ink in aged mahogany
  • I used the Finnabair and Paper Artsy images on the Kraft layer and Memento rich cocoa and tuxedo black inks

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. - TECHNOLOGY .. of course my technology is old but spectacular at the time! I HOPE that my fellow LIM-ettes will take pity on my inaccessible stash and forgive the liberty! 
  2. Pink Gem challenges - challenge No. 153 - BOYS, BOYS, BOYS
  3. Lil Patch of Crafting Friends - challenge No. 18 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Fashionable Stamping - challenge No. 103 - WORDS

Want to see the choices I had?

Yes, aside from my trusty Kaisers and Christmas stamps ..... this was IT!

Aside from crafting I'm still cracking on with the de-stashing (or at least, my version of it) and dropped some off with pal, Lilian yesterday morning, timing it just right a cup of coffee and a natter too - cunning huh? Very sociable day all round as I was coffee-ing and nattering with another pal yesterday afternoon too!



18 comments:

cheryl Baker said...

oh love this hun great design as always hugs cheryl xxx

SARN said...

Fab take on the challenge mate and even more applause from me as you managed to make it with limited stamp availability. Bravo!

Hope all goes smoothly with the organised chaos this week! (I know what I mean even if you don't!)

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Clever - especially given your limited choice right now Kathy! LIM has me stumped so far, sigh!

Good luck with the re-organising etc. Tee, hee, I have my back as an excuse right now :)

Hugs

Di xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Liking that a lot Mrs. I'd say you have more than fulfilled the brief. Good luck with the challenges. Lx

Loll said...

LOVE this image ... definitely technology for it's time. Great job with the small stash you have to work with. Hopefully things will be finished soon and you can relax a little. xx

Lesley Thomas said...

Considerin what you had to work with, I think you did splendidly.

Ann Tuck said...

You did well to find this perfect stamp for this challenge Kathy! I will be moving house early next year, and I am already dreading packing up my craft stash! I really like the edge stamping - a nice change from spongeing the edges:)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fabulous as ever Kathy and superb attention to detail.
CAS-perfect and thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy,
Glad you seem to be getting to grips with the decorating and also keeping up with the challenges,

Take care mate
lilian

Linby said...

Well done on coming up with a card when you are in chaos! Fits the bill perfectly and now makes me think I could have used some of my typewriter images - ahem I did make a lot of cards already though LOL!
Linbyx

Julie B said...

Who said it needed to be 'modern' technology!
Love your take on the challenge.
Know what you mean about the domino effect, things end up being left because you can't do something before the other get's done! :)

Anne said...

Kathy this is a fab image for the challenge and a super CAS card you made with it!
Thank you for joining us
Anne
"less is More"

Chrissie said...

This is great fun Kathy!
Love that image!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

Any type of telephone shouts technology for me so you did good, Kathy. I hate being 'up in the air' at home so well done for joining in. Love that sketchy image.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Sherry said...

Love The Old Telephone Image . Thanxx For Joining Us At Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends .. Good Luck
Sherry @ Lpocf DT

Jo said...

Brilliant LIM card, love the stamp you used. Thanks for joining us over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends this time & good luck!
hugs Jo x
Dt

Shirley Chillman said...

Love this fabulous stamp.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Laurart said...

Wonderful card! Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.