Sunday, 20 September 2015

Morning and welcome to Sunday

Morning readers,

Apologies for my absence yesterday and lack of visits to my regular blog haunts ... I was away at a Crafting Retreat in Cirencester and there are photos further down this post .... in the meantime, I'm not sure that I would really share with you that I have made 72 cards for my 2015 quota and am now just 8 away from my goal! Woo Hoo! It doesn't seem like long ago I was MILES behind but I seem to have put on a bit of a spurt - not unlike a long distance runner except (OBVIOUSLY) without the running!

Anyhoo .....

My card

And a close up which, I hope, will show a bit more twinkle

And the co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • Red 5" x 7", 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of white card, trimmer using a deckle edged blade
  • Snippet of gold pearlescent card
  • Penny Black image stamped using Adirondack watermelon ink
  • Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crystal stickles to highlight and generally add some twinkle

Now, I quite like this card but, let me tell you, I had originally planned to add a little satin ribbon .... having glued it together AND photographed (I might add) I then realised I hadn't used the ribbon ... so out of the habit am I of adding embellishments!!! On reflection, I'm quite glad ... on a subconscious level I must have known this before I assembled my card!

I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:-
Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge NO. 195 - SNIPPETS CHALLENGE

And now for some pix of what we got up to yesterday ...



The usual suspect

It's a pretty impressive University

We were in the hall straight ahead, the far side of the tree
Boutflour Hall

And even a Church on campus

Half of the crafters at work

And the other half, Jacky was getting coffee and I took the photo, we would
otherwise have been on the left of this photo

My first layout in over three years!

This close up shows more of the doodling!
Materials used:
  • 12" x 12" papers
  • White card, black card and kraft card - for journalling and matting
  • Photos from a crafters meet in July of 2015
  • Sakura clear glitter, Black and white gel pens to journal and doodle


I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 164 - ANYTHING BUT A CARD
  2. Crafts 4 Eternity - challenge No. 244 - HANDWRITING
  3. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 93 - ANYTHING GOES


We all had to take enough of an item for everyone to have one then
the challenge was to use ALL OF THEM on your layout ....
I went with a double page (which I HOPE wasn't cheating) but I made it!



Materials used:
  • Some 12" x 12" papers that I took with no intention of bringing home - they're really pretty but I just never seem to use patterned paper these days. 
  • White card, black card and Kraft card for journaling, matting and layering
  • Black and white gel pens to highlight 
  • My items: Numbers, Kraft flag, bird on a stick, parcel/tag (counted as one), Glittered peg, blue bead, Question mark clip, butterfly, animal clip (there was some doubt as to whether it was a dog/cat or fox!), coloured ribbon, satin ribbon, paper clip, doily and gemstone frame and a small pink heart (which you should see at the base of the exclamation mark on SURPRISE!)

And, as if that wasn't enough excitement in one post .... I just found out I won over at the fabulous Darnell's blog ... she recently had a superbly sponsored NBUS (Never Before Used Stuff) challenge and I was one of the lucky winners - my thanks to Darnell and the sponsor of my prize - Stamplorations - lucky me! Already spent my prize .. and more! ........ in my head!





Enjoy your Sunday all

8 comments:

Debs M said...

Looks like a lovely place. Great makes and well done on your win x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Woohoo! Well done on your win matey. What a top notch prize that is to be sure. You must be chuffed to little bits.

Glad to hear you had such a great day. Love the picture on the spiral stairs and thoroughly enjoyed a gentle stroll through your pics and lovely makes.

Happy Sunday purple pal.

Lx

SARN said...

CONGRATS on your win over at Darnell's Playhouse. I'm sure you won't have any trouble at all spending your voucher!

Loving your red and white Christmas card.

And well done on getting back into your scrapbook after an absence.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Ooh, a retreat AND a prize, what more could a crafter want?

scrappyjacky said...

Your pages turned out beautifully,Kathy.....and I can't believe you've made so many christmas cards! I need to start on mine!

Di said...

Great snippets make Kathy - as always! The retreat seems like great fun - and well done on the win over at Darnell's. Great stuff!

Hugs

Di xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kathy, super snippets card - love that you decorate your envelopes too. Fab photos of the Craftathon - the venue is beautiful and your layouts are great. Congratulations on your win. Elizabeth xx

michele said...

Gorgeous card & layouts! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x