Saturday, 19 September 2015

The Purple Princess is away from her desk

Morning peeps,

I've made my escape! From the decorating that is! I'm leaving Mr Purple Princess to keep an eye on the paint and make sure it dries! Me? I'll be at the Cirencester Agricultural University today, catching up with one crafting pal and hoping to meet some others at a crafting retreat.

Still playing catch up with my Christmas cards, though I AM getting there ....


My card

And a close up of the twinkle - yes, well spotted - I went a smidge wonky
But ... twinkle's TWINKLE after all!

And my insert - the envelope also matches but its against red
so looked totally pants when I tried to photograph it!
Materials used:
  • Red, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card for image panel and insert 
  • Black card for matting
  • Rubbernecker "ornament bough" and Inylicious sentiment images stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink (I'd packed my Memento ink for today's retreat!)
  • Crystal stickles used to trace the ornamental bough and add loadsa twinkle!

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-

  1. Little Miss Muffet - challenge No. 120 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Wags 'n Whiskers - challenge No. 162 - GLITTER AND SPARKLE
  3. Crafting by Designs - September 16th challenge - CELEBRATE
  4. Creative Inspirations - challenge No. 327 - YOUR FAVOURITE OCCASION - well, mine's definitely CHRISTMAS!
  5. Simply Create Too - challenge No. 94 - EARLY HOLIDAY WISHES

I set myself a teensy project recently .... I made a card for a pal's birthday and (what was I thinking?) didn't make a tag to match ... so, having wrapped her gift I thought I probably should - how would she  know who it was from otherwise?!?!?




Materials used:
  • Linen effect gift tag, recently rediscovered whilst sorting stash
  • Viva Las Vegas bird/girl stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink and water coloured using Peerless water colours
  • CAS-ual Fridays sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Visible Image mini flourish (Craft Stamper freebie) stamped around the edge using Adirondack terracotta and Memento tangelo inks
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • Using a bronze pitt pen I hand wrote the sentiment ... but you KNEW that didn't you?

I needed to match the card .... can't remember it? Well here's the gift and the tag, in all its glory ... I'm so pleased to have made it nearly match and to have used up a tag I've had for ages AND the organza ribbon was THE perfect length and finished a roll - I'm de-stashing big styleeeeee ... sadly, still a marathon to run in that (ribbon) direction! Can't tell you what's in it though as it would spoil the surprise should she just HAPPEN across  my blog post!





Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible, in the meantime - you have time for that extra coffee now! ENJOY!



5 comments:

SARN said...

Nice and schparkly Christmas card there Kathy.

Super matching tag to the card for the birthday girl too.

Happy play day today.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kathleen said...

Totally love the Christmas card and a great tag.

Kath x

Hettie said...

Gorgeous C Card there Kathy. Wanna give me a hand with my Den? Still waiting.....
Lovely tag too.
Hugs
xx

NGCARDS said...

A fabulous creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Janice W. said...

I like your clean and simple Christmas card! Thanks for sharing it with us at LMMS!