Tuesday, 1 September 2015

Tuesday .... is it just me or does it FEEL like a Monday?

Morning all,

Welcome to the first of September .... not really sure what happened to August as it seems like hardly any time ago we were at August the 1st and now it's September 1st ..... pinch, punch first of the month and all that!

So, there I was, feeling all Monday like and I decided to post ... except it's Tuesday (I know, I'm rambling .... and not for the first time!) so I'll just crack on with the card I have to share with you all today...

My card

And a closer view to show the sparkle

And here is my co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card for image panel, card front and insert
  • Purple card  - ------------  "  ---------------------
  • Visible Image grungey panel (from the EDGY set) stamped using Hero Arts neon pink ink
  • Visible Image INKognito stem (from the INKognito flower set) stamped using Versamark ink (elsewhere on the card and envelope it was stamped using Memento grape jelly ink)
  • WOW! Purple Glitz embossing powder liberally sprinkled, the excess returned to the pot and then the image was heat embossed
  • Paper Artsy splatter image and Kaisercraft sentiment (from Friendship sentiments) stamped using Memento grape jelly ink

So, who (besides me) reckons this would rock as a Christmas card .... in different colours?

I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:
  1. Squirrel's World - Squirrel's Random Challenge - FRIENDSHIP with the twist to .... please include something purple .... not an issue!!! This challenge had my name ALL OVER IT!
  2. Use Your Stuff - challenge No. 189 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 277 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafting From The Heart - challenge No. 75 - ANYTHING GOES

And, despite Bank Holiday Monday starting off seriously cruddy, it brightened up JUST enough for us to head out to make the most of the very  last day the Shaun's are on public display .... so, do join us on the Shaun in the City trail once again .....



Peter Rabbit Shaun, on display in Henleaze

Less menacing from the side!!!

Feeling Groovy Shaun, located in Redland

Loving how some wag has placed straw around Shawn!

RAMble, sited on Durdham Down

Tutti Frutti, sited on Whiteladies Road

Feeling hungry?

Blooming Gorgeous, Clifton

This Church was raising money too - offering Cream Teas ... enterprising?
Christ Church

The rest will appear tomorrow and then that (as they say) will be it!! 



8 comments:

PaperArtsy BlogDump said...

Hard to pick a favourite isn't it, though I must say the top one looks slightly menacing if you ask me. Glad to see you managed to conquer the weather and continue your quest for Shaun...

Lx

lovely card too...sorry x

Lesley Thomas said...

I know what you mean about today feeling like Monday, its because of the Bank Holiday, and we haven't hat one here, ours was earlier in the month. Love all the Shauns, I thin the idea is great, was it cows that were first? Somebody takes so much care with painting them, they are fantastic. Card is nice too!

SARN said...

YAY . . . some MORE Shauns! THANK YOU!

LOVE the CAS card you're showing today too.

YES . . . it does feel like a Monday . . . even though it's Tuesday all day!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Kathyk said...

Lesley, In Bristol we had Gorilla's in 2011 and Gromits in 2013 .... no idea what we'll have in 2017. I know other towns have had owls and pigs so probably cows - just not Bristol.

Kathyk

Barb said...

It's been like a Wednesday to me as we went to visit hubby's aunt in Cambridge and usually go on a Wednesday.

Purple and glitzy - a lovely card Kathy. Barbxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabulous card kathy, love the sparkly embossing and of course you KNOW I would approve of the co,ours you've used ! I'm loving the VI stamps at the moment, I don't have the flower set.... Yet ! Although I am doing a Visible Image workshop in Plymouth on 19th September so may get to play with all of their stamps and decide which ones I just have to get.

More fabby Shaun pix, love em.

Luv
Wynneth
X

Susanne Hansen Kleppan said...

Cool card :) Thanks for joining in with us at Craft your Passion Challenge

DT Susanne xx

Annette said...

Hehehehe, I love the sheep photos!! He's great. And your card is really gorgeous. I love the effect of the ink. Really different and very effective.
Thanks for joining in with Squirrel's challenge. It's a great card.
Hugs
Annette
xx