Saturday, 12 September 2015

Welcome to another challenge Saturday

Hi readers,

As the decorating comes along apace and I try to downsize my craft space due to one of my more brilliant ideas ....... you know what it's like, you take a lot of stuff out of a room and decide "wait a minute, I LIKE it this empty, there's so much space"!!! I had one of those moments the other evening and chose to share it with Mr Purplicious Princess. Strange as it might seem, HE thought it was a good idea too, unfortunately, it cuts out about 15% of the space I previously used to store craft stuff - hmm, I FEAR I MAY have shot myself in the foot here but ..... I'm going to attempt to run with it! I've had some card blanks (and envelopes) dating back to the days when I used to blindly buy from QVC and the like (yes, it's been a while) and have decided that they're just taking up critical space ... Also some splendid peel offs that I bought before I developed my style ..... whilst there's quite a bit of value in those items they are not really saleable but, fortunately, I have a pal who is still developing her style and who professes to be delighted to take them from me - bless her, and thanks mate! Not wishing to give her time to change her mind, I loaded three boxes in the car and headed off to deliver them!! Hope you will enjoy using the materials, Lilian!

Despite the fact that my craft area is in disarray, you can never keep a crafter down for long so ....


My card

And in close up, that galaxy gold does have a lovely pearly sheen

And my co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" deep red, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized white envelope
  • White card, and then two linen effect papers in gold and deep crimson - for matting and layering
  • Visible Image wide swipe stamped using Brilliance galaxy gold ink
  • Visible Image narrow swipe stamped using Brilliance crimson ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink

This brings my 2015 total number of Christmas cards (so far) to 67 ...... I need to have 80 ready to roll, once the Season is upon us! Do-able now though, wouldn't you say?

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Craftbubble 2½ (member ship required) - CMLI's August/September challenge - TO USE A NON CHRISTMAS STAMP TO MAKE A CHRISTMAS CARD .... this theme has struck such a chord with me and I have now made no fewer than TWELVE (all different) for this challenge!
  2. C.R.A.F.T. challenge - challenge No. 328 - CHRISTMAS
  3. Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 106 - CAS (Clean And Simple)
  4. Christmas Stamping All Year Round - challenge No. 158 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  5. CASe this Sketch - challenge No. 140 - Sketch - see below




It's One Layer challenge week over at Simply Less Is More too ....



My card

And a close up which I hope will show the sparkle from the gelly roll glitter pen

And the inside and envelope

Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Penny Black "Joy hope" image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Inkadinkado 95899 holly image stamped using Adirondack bottle green ink
  • Red glitter glue used for the berries
  • Tsukineko glitter gelly roll pen (clear) used to trace the solid green lines and add twinkle, what IS a Christmas card unless it has a bit of twinkle?!?!?!

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 241 - OLC - WISHING
  2. Happy Little Stampers - September Xmas Challenge - HOLLY
  3. Jingle Belles - September 11th challenge - Christmas SHOP OUR STASH (I'd almost forgotten about these two fabulous wood mounted stamps!
  4. Alphabet challenge - 4th September challenge - "O" is for ONE LAYER
  5. Addicted to CAS - challenge No. 72 - LEAVES

Have a great weekend peeps .... and watch this space . . . . . I shall, however, be out this afternoon, catching up with a crafting pal over coffee! I'm HOPING I'll come home to find the ceiling (and/or the husband) a rather pristine and sparkling white! Well, a girls gotta dream .......

30 comments:

Debs M said...

Great cards Kathy, enjoy your meet x

Barb said...

Two more super cards Kathy. The first is not unlike something I did when I went out to a class with friends last night. I've got the sentiment on the second one. Must try and find it. It looks perfect with a single clear image. You'll have me hunting now. Barbxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Two smashing cards. I love the stripey one. Have a lovely day and say hi to our pal for me.

Lx

fabiola jaques said...

tout en sobriété et en élégance, un thème difficile que tu as parfaitement réussi Kathy, merci de jouer avec nous chez CSAYL, biz

Craftyrose said...

Lovely work Kathy and enjoy your coffee with your crafty pal ;0) xx

Kathyk said...

Fabiola's comment would appear to translate as ...

while sober and elegant, a difficult subject that you are perfectly able Kathy, thank you to play with us at

..... thank you Fabiola

Kathyk

D- said...

Your cards are wonderful.
Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
Addicted To CAS Guest Designer

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous cards Kathy xx Jan

Ankie vd Polder said...

Great cards! Have a nice weekend, Ankie

scrappyjacky said...

Love the holly card.
You can always bring any unwanted stuff along this coming weekend....we have a swap area.

SARN said...

Two completely different cards here Kathy.

Wow the first one with the VI stamps on it sure is SASSY for a Christmas card. Top marks . . .that card has ATTITUDE!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

catherine said...

Fabulous makes Kathy and great job with the sketch. Glad to hear the decorating is coming along nicely
x catherine

Gerrina said...

Two great CAS-cards! love the colours on the first and the beautiful fonts from the sentoment on the second! Have a good weekend and succes with all the changes! Hugs, Gerrina

SmilynStef said...

Love the glittery holly berries .. so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

Neets B said...

Well done for parting with your old stash. I too was a QVC craft fan and still have lots of bits and bobs left from old kits that I broke down into my stash. It feels good to have a purge now and again, my mum always loves it when I pass things on to her! I love that holly flourish stamp with the bling berries, fab one layer card.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Superb cards as always Kathy and I know that satisfied feeling when you've had a clear out. Great attention to detail on your cards as always and love the gorgeous holly sprig. thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Loll said...

Sorting through craft supplies is a HUGE job. Forget the actual reno, we crafters know where the time will mostly be spent! :) Having it cleaned out so there's room to spare --- awesome. I need you to come and do that for me. :) I just keep buying and buying. I'm with you, I need to pass along (or toss) some old stuff that I've been hanging on to for ages. We all have piles like that ... it's just a matter of getting to it. Good luck finishing your organization.

For the cards ... so great. You seem to have a knack for one layer cards. I admire that, Kathy! I struggle so much with them. Especially love your beautiful flourishy holly. Just a gorgeous image. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Lynne said...

Two fab cards as always Kathy. I have that holly stamp, I`ll have to get it out and give it some love.
I have had a bit of a sort out in my craft room too but I`ve put all my hoarded stuff in a box, I`m not as good as you lol.
Lynne xxx

Susan said...

Love that beautiful holly flourish and the great sentiment! A fabulous CAS card! And great to see the holly stamped on the envelope as well. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

lauren bergold said...

super-cool CAS take on xmas cards, i love the little bits of sparkly glitter on the holly berries! thanks for joining our SOS and JINGLE BELLES holiday fun! ♥

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards! Great take on the CTS sketch!

Skye said...

Two fantastic cards. I love the holly image with the glittery berriies

Susan said...

My crafting area could use a good clean out! Two great cards...and I love how you decorate the envelope to match!

Sheena Fitzpatrick said...

Great cards! I love how you've carried the theme throughout the card and even onto the envelope!

Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog, I do hope you can join us again!

Sheena
xxx

MagsB said...

What elegant cards, Kathy! clean, simple and sophisticated! Thanks for joining in at CRAFt Challenge!

love Mags B x

Chrissie said...

Great cards Kathy and you make me feel guilty about things taking up space... one does go through phases of buying stuff before one finally settles on a style... I too have heaps of stuff... what I need is a new friend just starting out too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jennifer Greco said...

What great projects, rich and gorgeous with the matching envies. Perfect for our CAS challenge! Sorry this comment is late. Hope to see you for the next challenge too!
Jennifer, Creative Knockouts DT

Anne said...

Ooh your Christmas one layer looks so stylish Kathy!
Well done for de-cluttering
Thank you for joining us
Anne Less is More

Inkyfingers said...

What a great pair of cards and I particularly love your one layer holly card - so CAS and stylish. I love how you decorated the envelope too! Good luck with the reorganising Kathy - it will be worth it in the end.
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.
Hugs
Carol x

Deanne Saunders said...

Great creations!!! Thanks so much for participating in our ALPHABET challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper