My dear hubby, knowing my love of craft, set up a temporary craft area for me in our dining room even though this meant eating at my craft table (me) and scrunched up on a footstool (him) - I think that goes above and beyond so ... a big shout out to hubs! CHEERS MATE!
Most of you who stop by regularly will have known about the upheaval and will also have noticed that (limited stash or not) you can't stop me crafting! I have added to my stash with the on-line ordering of a couple of things so, thanks to the Craft Barn, Stampotique and Stamplorations too, for keeping me sane when I've not been able to find THE perfect image recently!
I spent much of yesterday moving stuff from the dining room to the lounge and trying to shoe horn it in to my new space .... who knew I had so much stuff?! Honestly, I've gotten rid of LOADS of stash and still it keeps coming out of the dining room! HOWEVER, at least it's good and tidy, and my walkway is clear - no more limbo for me!!
And now ..... for some VERY frustrating news ...... sat at my computer this morning and went to visit some of the blogs I follow ONLY to find that the anti virus we run would not let me visit ANY of them ..... and that included my own!! Can't tell you how irritating it is and will be contacting them shortly to see what settings they've recently changed! In the meantime - if yours is one I regularly comment upon then please accept my apologies for not visiting today - heaven knows I've probably TRIED!
|And a close up to show the twinkle|
|And my co-ordinating insert and envelope|
- 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- Snippets of white card and green card
- Crafty Individuals image/sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Alcohol markers in pear, poppy and forest green to colour
- Crystal stickles to highlight
- I used Distress Ink in pine needles to darken the green matting layer and also over stamped using the Kaisercraft mini triangles, also inked using pine needles
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
- Happy Little Stampers - Christmas Challenge - HOLLY
- Scraps of Life - Rudolph Day - CHRISTMAS PROJECT
- Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 108 - GLITTER IT UP
- Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 141 - LETS GET STARTED ON CHRISTMAS
1) - This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles. (Kelly, age 6)
2) - Oysters' balls are called pearls. (Jerry, age 6)
3) - If you are surrounded by ocean, you are an island. If you don't have ocean all round you, you are incontinent. (Mike, age 7)
4) - Sharks are ugly and mean, and have big teeth, just like Emily Richardson. She's not my friend any more. (Kylie, age 6)
5) - A dolphin breaths through an asshole on the top of its head. (Billy, age 8)
6) - My uncle goes out in his boat with 2 other men and a woman and pots and comes back with crabs. (Millie, age 6)
7) - When ships had sails, they used to use the trade winds to cross the ocean. Sometimes when the wind didn't blow the sailors would whistle to make the wind come. My brother said they would have been better off eating beans. (William, age 7)
8) - Mermaids live in the ocean. I like mermaids. They are beautiful and I like their shiny tails, but how on earth do mermaids get pregnant? like, really? (Helen, age 6)
9) - I'm not going to write about the ocean. My baby brother is always crying, my Dad keeps yelling at my Mom, and my big sister has just got pregnant, so I can't think what to write. (Amy, age 6)
10) - Some fish are dangerous. Jellyfish can sting. Electric eels can give you a shock. They have to live in caves under the sea where I think they have to plug themselves in to chargers. (Christopher, age 7)
11) - When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small. (Kevin, age 6)
12) - Divers have to be safe when they go under the water. Divers can't go down alone, so they have to go down on each other. (Becky, age 8)
13) - On vacation my Mom went water skiing. She fell off when she was going very fast. She says she won't do it again because water fired right up her big fat ass. (Julie, age 7)
14) - The ocean is made up of water and fish. Why the fish don't drown I don't know. (Bobby, age 6)
15) - My dad was a sailor on the ocean. He knows all about the ocean. what he doesn't know is why he quit being a sailor and married my mom. (James, age 7)
If you didn't smile at one of these, you need to find a better sense of humour.