Our decorating has kind of stalled for a few days .. I rang to arrange the carpet fitting only to be told it will be next week now ... should have booked it when we bought the carpet but both of us so hate decorating that we didn't dare! No point in putting anything back as they will just be in the way of the carpet fitters ..... so we're kind of stuck .... no curtains, lampshades, blinds or TV! The couches are facing the walls anyway so we would be literally, watching paint dry! lol! Nothing for it but to rummage through my stash and sort more stuff out ...... ever the optimist! At this rate there will be nothing to put away!! Yeah, right .... like you lot would be daft enough to believe that!
Weather was pants too, nothing for it (in between sort out forays) but to craft this past week, which explains why you've seen posts on days when I perhaps wouldn't normally!
|A close up of my offset sentiment using the neon blue and black|
|My co-ordinating insert and envelope|
- 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- 2 x white card panels measuring 9½ x 16½cm
- Bright blue card matted at 1.6mm with a perfect layering ruler and craft knife
- Creative Expressions "tyre tread" stamped using Memento London fog ink
- Creative Expressions "grungey star" image stamped using Hero Arts neon blue ink
- Paper Artsy Splatter image stamped using Hero Arts neon green ink
- Creative Expressions sentiment stamped (using a stamp positioner - I HATE those things but in cases like this they are a VERY necessary evil!) first with Hero Arts neon blue ink and then, slightly offset, using Memento tuxedo black ink. Despite my hatred of the stamp positioner I managed to double stamp the sentiment on the card front, insert and the front & back of the envelope ... that'll be the last time for another 5 years!
The Creative Expressions images are all from one fabulous set, called "Urban Beats" and I love these three images together too, if you are a regular visitor though ... you WILL have spotted this!
And here were my assembled materials before I started ... I decided against using the neon orange, in case you are wondering!
|You can see I picked my images, colours and papers before I started this project but,|
as always, as the project progressed it became clear three colours might me too much!
I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:-
- Fantastic Tuesday - challenge No. 103 - MAKE IT BRIGHT AND COLOURFUL .... neon's pretty bright and colourful!
- Through The Craft Room Door - September 15th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafty Creations - challenge No. 298 - IT TAKES TWO ... two impressions of my sentiment (in neon and black)
- The Male Room - challenge No. 19 - USE NEON COLOURS
I was looking at some of my stash (during this marathon sort out) and came across a much neglected set of Inkadinkado sentiment images ... and I knew I had the perfect image for a particular challenge I LOVE to enter
|And a closer view - to show the twinkle!|
|And the co-ordinating inside and envelope|
- 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
- Inkadinkado sentiment image stamped using Versafine Imperial Purple ink (who would have guessed this might be my colour of choice!)
- CAS-ual Friday sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Crystal stickles used to bling up the outline of the sentiment
It doesn't get a lot simpler than that!!! I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:
- Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 241 - OLC - WISHING
- Crafty Gals Corner - challenge No. 37 - ANYTHING GOES
- Seize the Birthday - September 10th challenge - ANYTHING GOES (with no topping) ... well a One Layer Card defo has NO TOPPING!
- Pile It On - challenge No. 86 - BIRTHDAY
Oh and, before I forget, I shall be away from my desk (leaving Mr Purple Princess to watch the paint drying) tomorrow as I shall be at a crafting retreat which has been planned for AGES, I'll be meeting one old friend and (hopefully) lots of new ones. So, there will no speedy card for the LIM challenge tomorrow, as I shall be up and out at the crack of dawn! More like 08:30! Camera's charged though so there MAY be some pix tomorrow.
SADLY, if I don't get any more funny's then my FF slot will grind to a halt as I've not many funny's in my collection now!
Have a great weekend!!!