Friday, 18 September 2015

Welcome to the end of another week (and the start of a weekend!)

Morning peeps,

Hope you've enjoyed a good week and have something lovely to look forward to this weekend!

Our decorating has kind of stalled for a few days .. I rang to arrange the carpet fitting only to be told it will be next week now ... should have booked it when we bought the carpet but both of us so hate decorating that we didn't dare! No point in putting anything back as they will just be in the way of the carpet fitters ..... so we're kind of stuck .... no curtains, lampshades, blinds or TV! The couches are facing the walls anyway so we would be literally, watching paint dry! lol! Nothing for it but to rummage through my stash and sort more stuff out ...... ever the optimist! At this rate there will be nothing to put away!! Yeah, right .... like you lot would be daft enough to believe that!

Weather was pants too, nothing for it (in between sort out forays) but to craft this past week, which explains why you've seen posts on days when I perhaps wouldn't normally! 


My card

A close up of my offset sentiment using the neon blue and black

My co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 2 x white card panels measuring 9½ x 16½cm
  • Bright blue card matted at 1.6mm with a perfect layering ruler and craft knife
  • Creative Expressions "tyre tread" stamped using Memento London fog ink
  • Creative Expressions "grungey star" image stamped using Hero Arts neon blue ink
  • Paper Artsy Splatter image stamped using Hero Arts neon green ink
  • Creative Expressions sentiment stamped (using a stamp positioner - I HATE those things but in cases like this they are a VERY necessary evil!) first with Hero Arts neon blue ink and then, slightly offset, using Memento tuxedo black ink. Despite my hatred of the stamp positioner I managed to double stamp the sentiment on the card front, insert and the front & back of the envelope ... that'll be the last time for another 5 years!

The Creative  Expressions images are all from one fabulous set, called "Urban Beats" and I love these three images together too, if you are a regular visitor though ... you WILL have spotted this!

And here were my assembled materials before I started ... I decided against using the neon orange, in case you are wondering!


You can see I picked my images, colours and papers before I started this project but,
as always, as the project progressed it became clear three colours might me too much!

I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:-
  1. Fantastic Tuesday - challenge No. 103 - MAKE IT BRIGHT AND COLOURFUL .... neon's pretty bright and colourful!
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - September 15th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafty Creations - challenge No. 298 - IT TAKES TWO ... two impressions of my sentiment (in neon and black)
  4. The Male Room - challenge No. 19 - USE NEON COLOURS





I was looking at some of my stash (during this marathon sort out) and came across a much neglected set of Inkadinkado sentiment images ... and I knew I had the perfect image for a particular challenge I LOVE to enter


My card

And a closer view - to show the twinkle!

And the co-ordinating inside and envelope

Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Inkadinkado sentiment image stamped using Versafine Imperial Purple ink (who would have guessed this might be my colour of choice!)
  • CAS-ual Friday sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Crystal stickles used to bling up the outline of the sentiment

It doesn't get a lot simpler than that!!! I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 241 - OLC - WISHING
  2. Crafty Gals Corner - challenge No. 37 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Seize the Birthday - September 10th challenge - ANYTHING GOES (with no topping) ... well a One Layer Card defo has NO TOPPING!
  4. Pile It On - challenge No. 86 - BIRTHDAY

Oh and, before I forget, I shall be away from my desk (leaving Mr Purple Princess to watch the paint drying) tomorrow as I shall be at a crafting retreat which has been planned for AGES, I'll be meeting one old friend and (hopefully) lots of new ones. So, there will no speedy card for the LIM challenge tomorrow, as I shall be up and out at the crack of dawn! More like 08:30! Camera's charged though so there MAY be some pix tomorrow.

And now for this weeks Friday Funny, which is winging its way to you, this week, courtesy of Pat G.

One day God was looking down at earth and saw all of the rascally behaviour that was going on. So He called one of His angels and sent the angel to earth for a time.

When he returned, he told God, 'Yes, it is bad on earth; 95% are misbehaving and only 5% are not.

God thought for a moment and said, 'Maybe I had better send down a second angel to get another opinion.'

So God called another angel and sent him to earth for a time. When the angel returned he went to God and said, 'Yes, it's true. The earth is in decline; 95% are misbehaving, but 5% are being good.'

God was not pleased. So He decided to e-mail the 5% who were good, because he wanted to encourage them, and give them a little something to help them keep going.

Do you know what the e-mail said?



Okay, I was just wondering, because I didn't get one either.!!!! 


HELP! I NEED your Friday Funny's .... I have e-mail submissions from only TWO people left. If you have one to e-mail then please leave me a comment with your e-mail address (which I will NOT publish) and will e-mail you for the funny. Your name will be entered in to the annual draw for any Funny's I use. This draw takes place following the last Friday of the year and a gift will be mailed to the lucky winner.

SADLY, if I don't get any more funny's then my FF slot will grind to a halt as I've not many funny's in my collection now!


Have a great weekend!!!

18 comments:

Debs M said...

fab makes - I understand your reluctance to use the stamp positioner but it was well worth it! Sparkly bits look great on the 2nd card too! x

Lilian said...

Lovely cards Kathy, The second card in my Favourite,

Thats sure is a great F F
Lilian

Barb said...

Two great cards Kathy. I love those neon ink pads you've been using. I've got that Inkadinkado set and really like them although they've not been out for a while.

Sorry I can't tell you what the email said. I didn't get one either. Sorry you have to wait for the carpet to be laid. All I can say is "carry on crafting". Barbxx

SARN said...

Nah . . . no idea what the email said either! LOL!

Good idea to carry on crafting instead of watching paint dry!

Love both cards you've posted today. That offset sentiment looks like it's jumping out of the card. Brilliant! Funny how we all like different things isn't it . . . I love my SU stamp positioner and use it often. However, my brayer and I are still not speaking terms!

Hope you have a fantastic time at the craft retreat.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Linby said...

Two great cards, I love the "wish" stamp you used.Enjoy your retreat.
Linbyx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic cards Kathy as always, and those neon colours work perfectly on that challenge ... think I may need to stock up on some of those shades!!!
Love your wishing one too ... perfectly CAS and elegant.
thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Anne said...

Ha ha love your funny and I like that super shimmery card Kathy!
Thank you for joining us
Anne
Less is More

Chrissie said...

More great cards Kathy... I liked your joke too.. funny I didn't get that email either!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Maureen said...

Both great cards! I really like the first!

Deborah Frings said...

Great cards. I absolutely love your grungy neon card - so perfect for a guy! I think the stamps you've used are super. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

PS Why don't you like the stamp positioner - I use mine all the time!!

Neets B said...

Two fab cards, Kathy. I love that offset sentiment on your first, and what a great font. And the added shimmer on your super CAS second card is fantastic.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Willeke said...

Great card, love the inkspots !
Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
Hugs
Willeke
DT Through The Craft Room Door
Made by Willeke {My personal Blog}

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love how that cards and envelopes are so perfectly matched - fun cards. Thanks so much for joining us this week at hte Fan-tastic Tuesday Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

shirley-bee said...

Love the birthday cake image/sentiment - I always forget to do anything with the envelopes! Thanks so much for playing along at Seize The Birthday :)

Rae Ann said...

Hmmm....I didn't get that email either! Love the CAS design of these cards with the pops of bright colors.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

BethieJ said...

WONDERFUL Cards (and envelopes!)
Thanks for joining us last week at PIO!
Hope to see you join us again soon!
Have a GREAT Day!!

Hannelie said...

Awesome birthday cards Kathy!
Thanks so much for joining our team at Seize the Birthday!

Louise van Vuren said...

I love grungy style cards and this is no exception. I think they make great cards for guys, so thanks for sharing with us in TMR
Louise x