Sunday, 13 September 2015

Welcome to a lazy Sunday, except not in our house . . . .

Wotcher peeps,

We're still cracking on with the decorating, which has come on in leaps and bounds and I THINK today might see the walls getting their paint - YAY! Carpet fitter will be contacted first thing tomorrow with a view to having the new carpet by the weekend, if at all possible!! Wish us luck! When I say US ... I mean hubs as he's the decorator, my role is purely supervisory though it DOES involve making tea!

Yesterday I was out meeting a crafting pal, Rosie, ..... we've been threatening this meet for about an age - but this was the first time our diaries aligned!!! We nattered like long lost pals despite the fact we've only met face to face once before! A lovely afternoon. I chose something from the menu but what arrived was soooo not what I was expecting ... a toasted teacake the size of a tea plate!!! I reckon it was around 15cm in diameter - it was a very tasty MONSTER of a teacake!

We talked about many things other than crafting but a few things Rosie said had me reaching for my stash once I got home! One of which was about her abiding love of patterned papers and my .... well, just plain lack of use - it's not like I don't HAVE loads of patterned papers, I just tend to make my own backgrounds these days ... so ...... I decided to make patterned paper the focus of my card - this particular piece was already the perfect size......bar cutting off about 1½" - perfick!


My card
A close up of the twinkley bits!

And my insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • White linen effect DL card and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of white and red card and patterned paper
  • Snippet of DCWV linen effect red card edged using a Martha Stewart punch (something else I no longer use often!)
  • Penny Black "Joy Hope" image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

A simple card, used a number of snippets and one stamp! I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 194 - SNIPPETS challenge
  2. Christmas Stamping All Year Round - challenge No. 55 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. C.R.A.F.T. challenge - challenge No. 328 - CHRISTMAS
  4. AUD Sentiments - challenge No. 140 - ANYTHING GOES + A SENTIMENT
  5. Little Miss Muffet - challenge No. 120 - ANYTHING GOES

There's another Christmas card towards my 2015 quota peeps, and I owe it all to Rosie, thanks mate

14 comments:

Debs M said...

great idea - like you I don't tend to use the much x

Lisa J said...

Great Card! Love the colours! Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Aud Sentiments Challenge

Craftyrose said...

Hi my friend. Yesterday was lovely. You're such an easy going lovely person that despite only meeting once before I feel that I know you very well. It was a huge teacake and my toastie was yummy. I do apologise for destroying the wood panelling as I opened the door and pouring tea on the table, but I had nothing to do with the electrics going or US being the last customers...almost.... to vacate the premises!! Love the patterned papers here...our chat inspired me to come home and finish a plethora of Christmas cards in my usual style..Will post them on my blog once I shower and have been shopping! Thanks for yesterday...really enjoyed our chat.xx

SARN said...

Glad you enjoyed your meet up and a MONSTER tea cake . . . Good company and good food . . . what's not to like?

Great card using up quite a bit of designer paper. I am EXACTLY the same . . . got paper but rarely use it due to making my own backgrounds. Hmm . . . food for thought!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

LOVE the patterned paper, perhaps you should use more!

Lauren Hatwell said...

I have to say I still love patterned paper but I haven't bought any for ages. The trend seems to be more towards creating your own backgrounds these days doesn't it. How times change eh...

Love you card and so pleased to hear what a lovely time you had with lovely Rosie yesterday. How could you not? :oD

If it's any consolation, it's another full on day in our house too. I walked into my craft room to start clearing it and walked back out again. I just don't know WHERE to start....

Lx

Barb said...

Glad you had a good day out with your friend. You never said if you managed to eat the monster bun! I have some of that paper too. What a good idea. I really love that sentiment on your card. Barbxx

sweet art designs said...

Love that you added stamping to the envelop. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

cheryl Baker said...

sounds like you had a great day out hun, love,how you always do your envelopes hun,hugs Cherylxxxxx

Di said...

Hi Kathy! Lovely to see you in the Playground bright and early! Loving your card - a super way to use patterned paper, it really did most of the work there. I have absolutely TONS of the stuff - so if you run out do feel free to let me know :)

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Hugs

Di xx

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week!
Monica - DT

mypurplehouse said...

Nice card - and a great idea with the paper. It is perfect! Thanks for joining the Anything goes challenge at Little Miss Muffet this week!
Lyn

Sally H said...

A fab card, Kathy! Love the bold patterned paper. Sarn's got the Chocklit behind the bike shed - just follow the silver foil trail!

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at Christmas Stampin All Year long

Helen x