Saturday, 26 September 2015

Welcome to my blog and to challenge Saturday ......

Hello readers and welcome to challenge Saturday

Not sure how this post is going to work out because, yesterday, my blimmin' antivirus software decided that every single one of my followed blogger blogs was "at risk" and denied me access .... that even included my own! Can't tell you how annoying that was but, better safe than sorry, so I didn't visit many blogs at all. If I normally follow your blog and comment on your lovely work and didn't yesterday then please accept my apologies - it was nothing you did! It was Bullguard having an epi! Strangely enough, it was fine with wordpress blogs! Go figure!

However, being kind of "offline" did mean I got to make (and post) a Christmas card yesterday and also make the card featured further down this post, as the postman brought me happy mail in the form of new stash!

Needless to say "ticked off from the South West" got on the case fairly sharpish and I imagine that a number of other unhappy bloggers will have done so too - hoping it will be fixed once I come to post this.


My card

And a close up to show the shine and twinkle

My matching card .... the insert also matches (as per usual) but ...
if I opened my card to show you then the "takes forever to dry" gloss
dimensional finish would have run!!!

Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 11½ x 16½cm white card panel
  • Silver mirri card for matting (also SHINY!)
  • Penny Black "brush ornament" image stamped using Adirondack purple twilight ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Plaid dimensional gloss applied to the bauble area
  • Crystal stickles used to highlight berries and leaves

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 243 - SOMETHING SHINY (and CAS!)
  2. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 141 - LETS GET STARTED ON CHRISTMAS
  3. Wags 'n Whiskers - challenge No. 162 - GLITTER AND SPARKLE
  4. 4 Crafty Chicks - challenge No. 265 - SPARKLE AND SHINE
  5. Creative Knockouts - challenge No. 108 - GLITTER IT UP

I was recently selected as a winner over at The Craft Barn and was the lucky recipient of a gift coupon .... now, I don't know about you but I always feel that unexpected things like this should be used on something you love but perhaps wouldn't buy for yourself. I've been so short of space that my credo before purchase these days is .... "can you think of five uses for this stamp/set?" If the answer (whilst in-store not like "over a weekend"!!!!) is no then I try not to buy ..... it has to be said that sometimes this theory works better than others!!!, but it's been useful to me otherwise my recent de-clutter would have been SO MUCH WORSE!


My card

My insert and envelope
I know I normally do a close up but, there was little colouring and no twinkle!

And the set I "treated" myself to ... simply because I'm WORTH IT!
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panels for image and insert panels
  • Black card and grey card for matting
  • Snippet of white card (for image) and black card (for matting)
  • Stampers Anonymous "London" image from the Cityscapes set, stamped using Memento tuxed black ink
  • Distress Ink in hickory smoke and stormy sky smooshed on to a craft mat and water added before water colouring the sky around my image ... I wasn't too fussy about the colouring as I felt the uneven blending of the colouring added to the watercolour brush marks simply added to the sky "texture".
  • Stampers Anonymous "thank you" sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink

I'll be entering this card (Antivirus software permitting) for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafting With Attitude - challenge No. 7 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Create and Inspire - challenge No. 30 - LAYER IT UP ... there are 5 layers to this
  3. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 94 - ANYTHING GOES
Have a stupendous weekend peeps ...... update: PC/anti-virus/blogger issues seem to be all sorted - thank heavens!

19 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Good to see your Antivirus has sorted out the problem and settled down again. Two fabulous cards there Mrs. I am quite envious of your recent win. What very useful set of stamps that is.

Good luck with all your challenges matey. Have a good weekend. Lx

Debs M said...

Love that bauble stamp and your new stash looks like it will get a lot of mileage too! Fabby stamps x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous CAS card.Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Chrissie said...

What a fab, purplicious, shiny Christmas card Kathy!
Wonderful!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

scrappyjacky said...

2 gorgeous cards....and love those new stamps.

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous purple bauble stamp! So effective. Pretty cool win and treat to yourself too! X

Elaine Stark said...

Fab cards. I do like the Christmas bauble and the rich colour. Thanks for joining Aud sentiments. Elaine

SARN said...

Thank goodness the AV is letting you blog again! The air would have been blue if my AV had done that to me!

LOVE LOVE LOVE that PB Bauble stamp. Super CAS card you've made with it . .. and in purple too! Go figure!

KNEW you would crack the TH Landscapes with a fabulous card . . . and I was right again!!!! LOL!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous cards Kathy xx Jan

Kathleen said...

Two gorgeous cards but the purple one is just stunning, love the image and all the shine. Gosh I do love the way you do envelopes as well, takes me all the time to do a card let alone an envelope as well.

Kath x

Gerrina said...

Both cards are so elegant! Love the colours and the elegant image on your first card! Your sponging on the second looks great too! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Lori said...

Such an adorable Christmas card and envie!! Thanks so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

Joanne James said...

Computers are such a pain when things don't go to plan - glad you are now sorted! It did at least give you time to make some beautiful cards - I love the dimensional gloss you added on your bauble card, it really adds a wonderful lustre and shine.

Mari said...

A fabulous CAS cards. Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with an Attitude :) xx Mari

Anne said...

Kathy your bauble is shiny and super - and of course purplicious - love it!
The landscapes look a really good buy, congrats on your win.
Thank you for joining us this week
Anne
"Less is More"

Linby said...

Love your shiny purple bauble, it looks great.
Congrats on your win and choice of stmaps - I have those and didn't apply the rule to them as I HAD to have them, but like you I do try to think of what I would do with something rather impulse buy - well, most of the time......
Linby x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

2 FANTASTIC cards Kathy. Love the texture and elegance of the shiny bauble card but LOVING those scenery stamps and how effective your card is! Looks like another addition to my ever growing wish list!!! thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Susan said...

Love the purplicious ornament and holly...very cool!

Neets B said...

Gorgeously CAS Christmas card, Kathy, I love the sparkle and shine. And what a fab stamp set for your treat, great choice.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More