Monday, 14 September 2015

Welcome to the start of another week at the Purple Palace construction site!

Morning all

I was blog hopping yesterday and came across a video of Jennifer McGuire's, on her blog .... sounded interesting so I took a look. You know what it's like, see  something, gotta try it. I should like you all to bear in mind that a lot of my REGULAR stash is under dust sheets whilst the decorating progresses, so I had to improvise. What I wanted was a Hero Arts heart and a heavyweight sentiment ... all I could reach was my "must use/can't live without" Visible Image box and my seldom used images box (in itself a little tricky as I had to negotiate two tall lamps, a footstool and two drawers from a unit!!! Hmm, could I work with this? I THOUGHT I could but, you be the judge. If I'm honest they jury is still out and I've not fully assembled the card though the image panel is adhered to the hot pink card ........

My card

and materials
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippet of white card (a strip left from an A4 after 2 x 13½cm panels have been cut - I have a lot of these!)
  • Snippet of hot pink card to mat
  • I stamped the Visible Image scribbled circle (from the clear Universal set) using Hero Arts neon pink ink and then (from the same set) filled in the circles using a scribble disc and Hero Arts neon orange ink
  • I then stamped the Visible Image splatter image (from the Ink splat set) using Hero Arts neon green
  • As per Jennifer's video I then took my Color Box white ink and an egg shaped cosmetic sponge and set to work on the centre of my image panel - to tone down the colour
  • Inkadinkado sentiment (from their Friendship set) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink, because I wanted a very dark "black" impression

I "quite" like the finished effect but feel the choice of images (on this occasion) wasn't quite what I needed ..... I may well try again, once I'm installed back in my regular craft area! I hope it's soon! I would love to hear your constructive thoughts and/or suggestions but simply ask that, if you hate it with a passion, you keep those thoughts private!

And the video?



Mind you, whilst the above technique might not have suited the images ... I DID rather like them together ........ especially when I ditched the splats but continued with the third colour .....


Number ONE ATC

Number TWO ATC
Materials used:
  • ATC blanks
  • Snippets of white card (as explained in my card at the top of this post, they're pretty perfect for ATC's too!!)
  • Visible Image "Universal" set .. thick and thin scribbled circle and the scribbled middle
  • Hero Arts neon inks: pink, green and orange + Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Paper Artsy sentiment from "Penny for your thoughts" plate one
  • Crystal stickles

I'll be entering number ONE or number TWO for the following challenges:
  1. Creative Corners - Sept 11th challenge -ANYTHING BUT A CARD (hoping an ATC qualifies)
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 92 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Simply Papercraft - challenge No. 13 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES
  4. Aud Sentiments - challenge No. 140 - ANYTHING GOES

Another new craft channel launches today, at 08:00 .... it's called The Craft Channel ..... and I'm hoping it will have a better start than HOCHANDA - it would appear to be available on SKY 261, FREEVIEW 254, FREESAT 815 and there's also mention of SKY 660. Lots of the old QVC presenters, Debbie, Julian and Anthony

As for the decorating ... it's coming on you know .... I snuck in and took this after the hubs had gone round the edges .. you can see the old vs the new, it's not hugely different but then - we LIKED the old colour too! 




I'm also looking for Friday Funny's for my usual Friday slot .... I'm desperately short of them ... IF you have one then please leave me a comment with your e-mail address (which I will NOT publish). There's a draw at the end of the year and a small prize ....... surely SOMEONE out there must have some jokes (clean preferred) they can share .... if you want to leave your blog address too then I'm happy to post a link ....


9 comments:

SARN said...

Well . . . I haven't had a chance to view the video you linked . . . but will do so later. So, all I've seen is your card panel and your ATCs . . . all of which I like! No criticism at all from me today . . . aren't you a lucky girl!

Like your new wall colour . . . who knew you'd choose it?????

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

great technique/make - may come in handy for Christmas x

Barb said...

Hi Kathy, Neon green and pink are one of my favourite colour combos so it's a hit with me straight away. I like that pebbley stamp very much and your decorating is looking good too. Off to watch Jennifer's video now. Thanks for sharing. Barbxx

Craftyrose said...

Love the combination of colours Kathy. Love the stamps you have used too.x

Stacey Schofield said...

Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Creative Fingers Challenge Blog this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Keep Smilin',
Stacey xxx
Creative Fingers DT
Lasata's Crafty Hideout {My Blog}

Julie said...

I like those circles and color combo. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Julie T

Billie A said...

Very creative. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

lyn hitchcock said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at Simply Papercraft - good luck and hope to see you again soon
Lyn - DT

Cathrine Rohman-Fransson said...

Cute ATCs Thank you for joining our challenge! :) //Cat Creative Corner Admin