Having made a bit of a "faux pas" whilst visiting a pal's blog (Karen's splendid card, which I THOUGHT was orange turned out to be sepia . . . see it here) yesterday ... it set me to thinking about "ORANGE" ... not my first "go to" colour. Want to see what it turned in to?
|And a close up to show the twinkle!|
|And the inside and envelope|
- 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- Snippets of white, hot pink and neon orange card
- Visible Image (set UNIVERSAL) splodgy circles stamped using Memento tangelo and rosebud inks, then, using the scribbled circle from the set, I over stamped using Hero Arts neon orange and pink inks, leaving the centrally placed circle clear, for my sentiment
- CAS-ual Friday sentiment (from their WTF! set) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Layering rulers and a craft knife used to mat the orange and pink card layers at 1/16" and 3/16"
- Crystal stickles used to randomly draw freehand scribbly circles - to add a bit of bling!
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
- Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 77 - ANYTHING GOES
- Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 279 - ANYTHING GOES
- Simon Says Stamp - September 14th challenge - LOVE THIS TECHNIQUE - using one or two stamps to build a background in just a couple of colours .... it's once of my current faves!
- A bit more time to craft - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING GOES
- Fantastic Tuesday - challenge No. 103 - ANYTHING GOES with a twist of MAKE IT BRIGHT AND COLOURFUL ... well, it is that!
I recently decided to jettison my peel off's and, trust me, there were a lot of them. I offered them to a pal and she (THANK GOODNESS) even seemed pleased to receive them. I delivered them ... we were chatting ..... and I was talking about what was in the "collection" and started flicking through them .... you know what's coming next don't you? Yes, I came home with two sheets of GORGEOUS Magenta peel offs that I couldn't bear to be parted from! Still, at least it DID inspire me to use one of the images from the set (of which there were two copies) so I have two ATC's to share with you today, using the exact same technique but with different (albeit only slightly) background colours ...
|Number one, mostly silver|
|Number two with a better balanced combination of gold/silver/copper/red|
- ATC blank
- Clear double sided sheet adhesive
- Snippet of clear acetate
- Magenta peel off in bronze
- Selection of gilding flakes
- I cut the clear acetate to more or less ATC size and then stuck down my peel off (on reflect a mistake as it might have been better to leave this step to last!) .... the benefit of hindsight!
- Having attached the clear adhesive to the reverse of the acetate I then peeled off the backing and applied my gilding flakes, removing the excess with an IndigoBlue scoochi (sp?)
- I then applied another layer of the double sided clear adhesive and used it to attached the now foiled image panel to my ATC blank and trimmed the excess - VOILA!
- That's Crafty - September 11th challenge - LOVELY LEAVES ... card #1
- CraftyCatzweekly - challenge No. 292 - AUTUMN COLOURS ...... card #1
- My Sheri Crafts - challenge No. 165 - THINKING OF AUTUMN ...... card #1
- DJKardKreations - NBUS challenge No. 5 - NBUS (Never Before Used Stash) in this case the rather splendid Magenta peel offs and acetate ...... card #2
- Clear It Out Challenge - September 14th challenge - theme:AUTUMN stash: LEAVES/FOLIAGE .... I HOPE that peel off's count, I've certainly had them a while and now ... I DON'T! ...... card #2
- Dream Valley Challenges - challenge No. 115 - AUTUMN COLOURS ..... card #2
- Addicted to CAS - challenge No. 72 - LEAVES - hoping an ATC can be CAS enough ....? ... card #2
Well, that's a bit more NBUS sorted AND I got to use much neglected double sided sheet adhesive AND acetate (which I've had for AGES just waiting for a suitable use!) AND gilding flakes ... so, ALL good!
And now, since it IS WOYWDW, here's a peek at the desk of the purple princess .......
|Scary how much stuff you accumulate - isn't it?|
The pile on the red/yellow drawers will be going at the weekend though!