Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning all,

Having made a bit of a "faux pas" whilst visiting a pal's blog (Karen's splendid card, which I THOUGHT was orange turned out to be sepia . . . see it here) yesterday ... it set me to thinking about "ORANGE" ... not my first "go to" colour. Want to see what it turned in to?



My card
And a close up to show the twinkle!
And the inside and envelope

Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of white, hot pink and neon orange card
  • Visible Image (set UNIVERSAL) splodgy circles stamped using Memento tangelo and rosebud inks, then, using the scribbled circle from the set, I over stamped using Hero Arts neon orange and pink inks, leaving the centrally placed circle clear, for my sentiment
  • CAS-ual Friday sentiment (from their WTF! set) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Layering rulers and a craft knife used to mat the orange and pink card layers at 1/16" and 3/16"
  • Crystal stickles used to randomly draw freehand scribbly circles - to add a bit of bling!

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 77 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 279 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Simon Says Stamp - September 14th challenge - LOVE THIS TECHNIQUE - using one or two stamps to build a background in just a couple of colours .... it's once of my current faves!
  4. A bit more time to craft - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Fantastic Tuesday - challenge No. 103 - ANYTHING GOES with a twist of MAKE IT BRIGHT AND COLOURFUL ... well, it is that!

I really like that card and want to thank you, Karen - my "orange when it was sepia" mistake turned in to a fab birthday card for my collection - cheers mate!

I recently decided to jettison my peel off's and, trust me, there were a lot of them. I offered them to a pal and she (THANK GOODNESS) even seemed pleased to receive them. I delivered them ... we were chatting ..... and I was talking about what was in the "collection" and started flicking through them .... you know what's coming next don't you? Yes, I came home with two sheets of GORGEOUS Magenta peel offs that I couldn't bear to be parted from! Still, at least it DID inspire me to use one of the images from the set (of which there were two copies) so I have two ATC's to share with you today, using the exact same technique but with different (albeit only slightly) background colours ...


Number one, mostly silver

Number two with a better balanced combination of gold/silver/copper/red
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Clear double sided sheet adhesive
  • Snippet of clear acetate
  • Magenta peel off in bronze
  • Selection of gilding flakes
  • I cut the clear acetate to more or less ATC size and then stuck down my peel off (on reflect a mistake as it might have been better to leave this step to last!) .... the benefit of hindsight!
  • Having attached the clear adhesive to the reverse of the acetate I then peeled off the backing and applied my gilding flakes, removing the excess with an IndigoBlue scoochi (sp?)
  • I then applied another layer of the double sided clear adhesive and used it to attached the now foiled image panel to my ATC blank and trimmed the excess - VOILA!

I'll be entering one or both of the above ATC's for the following challenges:-
  1. That's Crafty - September 11th challenge - LOVELY LEAVES ... card #1
  2. CraftyCatzweekly - challenge No. 292 - AUTUMN COLOURS ...... card #1
  3. My Sheri Crafts - challenge No. 165 - THINKING OF AUTUMN ...... card #1
  4. DJKardKreations - NBUS challenge No. 5 - NBUS (Never Before Used Stash) in this case the rather splendid Magenta peel offs and acetate ...... card #2
  5. Clear It Out Challenge - September 14th challenge - theme:AUTUMN stash: LEAVES/FOLIAGE .... I HOPE that peel off's count, I've certainly had them a while and now ... I DON'T! ...... card #2
  6. Dream Valley Challenges - challenge No. 115 - AUTUMN COLOURS ..... card #2
  7. Addicted to CAS - challenge No. 72 - LEAVES - hoping an ATC can be CAS enough ....? ... card #2

 photo ATCAS - code word leaves_zpsupv8i3i9.jpg


Well, that's a bit more NBUS sorted AND I got to use much neglected double sided sheet adhesive AND acetate (which I've had for AGES just waiting for a suitable use!) AND gilding flakes ... so, ALL good!

And now, since it IS WOYWDW, here's a peek at the desk of the purple princess .......


Scary how much stuff you accumulate - isn't it?
The pile on the red/yellow drawers will be going at the weekend though!


17 comments:

Lilian said...

Love you cards Kathy and I really love what you have done with the leaves,

Hugs
lilian

Lesley Thomas said...

Morning Kathy, I am still amazed that you can craft in such a small space. But you do, cos you post your efforts on here, and regularly win! Good luck with todays cards, I like them all.

SARN said...

Happy WOYWW your Purpliciousness!

My goodness me . . . a couple of peel off makes that I actually like! Well done that Woman!

Still loving those circles too!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sandy Palmer said...

What a neat card! Wonderful use of the peel off! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

Debs M said...

Loving the pink and orange - in fact I think I may have used it on some journal pages! Well done on using up all that NBUS and the end result looks great x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

2 superb cards Kathy and I'm loving all the shimmer, shine and striking colours on the first one plus those elegant and sophisticated leaves on the second one are simply perfect for the ATCAS challenge. thanks for playing along. Sarah x

Karen said...

Love these Kathy and I'm glad I inspired you to use a bit of orange..... lol.

xx

MaryH said...

Your desk made me feel right at home (and it's still quite tidy compared to my own mess too). Love the pink & orange circles. That's a lovely & happy color combo, and delightful with your circle theme too. With the way photos & computer monitors interact, sometimes it's difficult to be sure of exactly what colors we're seeing as we view the blog card. I think all of us understand that even expert photographers (of which I'm not one!) have to explain what color 'it really is'. So I'm sure no faux paux was committed! Your #2 peel off is stunning too. It's so odd, we can have these peel offs for ages, but then one day, a set will create just the perfect look. I'd say good thing you thumbed through the gift before leaving all behind! TFS & Hugs

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Amy DT

Sandra said...

Lovely ATC's, the glittery circles are so fun. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

catherine said...

Fabulous card Kathy and love the added sparkle. Great ATC too with the peel offs.
x catherine

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley challenge. Marlene

Jac said...

Wow! your ATCs look fabulous, such beautiful peeloffs in the bronze, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, Jac x

Clare Lloyd said...

Love the pink and orange. The peel offs look good too.

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

Great card and thank you for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday very good luck Judith DT x

Ceal said...

Fabulous card, what a fun background! thanks for joining us at ATCAS!

Barb said...

Hi Kathy, Thank you for your congrats and Congratulations to too on winning in the NBUS Challenge. I've only just got home from a few days away with a friend so it was exciting news to come back to and sorry not to have been in touch before.

Your cards look lovely and your two ATCs are super with that great background.
I've been trying to use up some old peeloffs since the start of the year. I think I've some of those leaf ones hidden away too.

I'm off now to start catching up with what everyone has been doing while I've been away. Barbxx