Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday .....

Morning all

Well it's hump day Wednesday again but this one's a little different for me .... as today the chaos draws to a close with the fitting of our (long awaited) lounge carpet - HUZZAH!! I have to say that I have been looking forward to this day (albeit apprehensively when worrying out what would happen to my stash) for a little over NINE YEARS! How time flies? And, whilst on the topic of time flying ... here's one of today's crafty makes ....


My card


And a close up of the detail, including the banner

And the co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of  card in both white and black + 14cm square of white card for the insert
  • Stamps by Finnabair (neon background), Inkadinkado (sentiment), Visible Image circles and some splats), Kaisercraft (banner) and Paper Artsy (splatter)
  • Inks: Hero Arts Neon pink, Memento rosebud and angel pink, Versafine onyx black

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Fashionable Stamping - challenge No. 103 - WORDS
  2. Speedy Fox and Friends - challenge No. 280 - BANNERS
  3. Eureka Stamps - challenge No. 158 - MONOCHROME - I went with PINKS - black and skin tones are normally also allowed so I'm hoping this will be OK
  4. CASology - challenge No. - CIRCLES
  5. CASe This Sketch - challenge No. 141 - see below



And then ..... I made another card, well, with no TV it's not like there's a lot else to do once it gets dark around here ...



I've left the sentiment off as I think it might fit more than one occasion
I'm intending that my sentiment will fit across the top, hence my image panel
not being exactly centrally placed on my card
Here it was as a WIP with his neon waistcoat!
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippet of white card for my image panel
  • Snippets of black card and neon pink card, for matting
  • Stampers Anonymous "Time Traveller" image stamped twice using Memento tuxedo black ink - once on to my card snippet and once on to a post it - I then cut out the waistcoat and used the rest as a mask for my Hero Art neon pink applied DTP method ....
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Hero Arts neon blue ink, before I removed the mask
  • Promarkers in ice grey and cool grey, to colour my image
  • Visible Image mini flourish (Craft Stamper freebie) stamped around the outside using Memento inks: London fog, rhubarb stalk, sweet plum and Hero Arts neon pink

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. The Male Room - challenge No. 19 - use neon colours
  2. Gem of a challenge - challenge No. 153 - BOYS, BOYS, BOYS
  3. Simply Papercraft - challenge No. 13 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Through The Craft Room Door - Sept 22nd challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Without Words - September challenge - FOR THE BOYS


And another big Woo Hoo today, for TWO reasons .... 
1) we FINALLY get our carpet fitted in the lounge and 
2) I found out that I was a lucky gift voucher winner over at the Craft Barn, for my entry for their Stencils and Masks challenge, thanks Jane.





Since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday - here's a peek at my desk today ....


This is the space NORMALLY occupied by my craft stash .... just
waiting on the carpet fitters today ...

And here it is in all its temporary glory!


14 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Looks like lots going on in your house then Kathy. I LOVE that top card. It really is a brilliant interpretation of the sketch.

Lx

SARN said...

Congrats on your win. You ARE doing well at the mo! Bound to be a third one!

Love both cards you're showing here.

Happy new carpet day! xxx

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP SF&F Challenge

Lynsey said...

Fab card! Thanks for joining in with a Gem of a Challenge this time!
Hugs Lynsey x

sue t. said...

Love the neon vest on that dapper dude! Thanks for joining us at The Male Room!

Leigh Penner said...

Very cool cards! Great take on the sketch!

Barbie said...

Two wonderful cards. Thank you for joining us at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge.

karalschuknecht said...

That desk looks a lot like mine. Both cards are great, very nice work. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Karal DT

Hannelie said...

Clever combination of CTS and Casology!
Love your take on both challenges Kathy!
Thanks for joining the fun!

Deborah Frings said...

Hi Kathy - I think both your cards are super. The first one (in green or blue) would make a super guy card. And I think your vintage gent with his neon waistcoat is awesome. Nicely done. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

Claire said...

Hi Kathy, wow you have been busy. Gorgeous makes. Thanks so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this time
Claire xx

Kamila R. said...

What a fun and artsy card! Thank you for joining us at TTCRD this week!
Kamila DT

Esther said...

Wow - hope you've got your space straight again after your carpet fitting ! I love the bright splash of colour on your card...Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC......Esther xx

Yvonne Garner said...

Love your cards! Fresh designs and great colors. Thank you for sharing with us at FSC!