Tuesday, 27 October 2015

A post from me on a less than usual day!

Morning all,

Decided to post on a Tuesday too this week as I've been on a bit of a creative "bender" (no alcohol was harmed during said bender!!) and it's too much to put in just one post on Wednesday!!! IMHO, that is!

Pizza and pud night with friends last night, I offered to drive so Mr K could have a few drinkies .... knew we were in trouble when the order went in for three large pizza's!! NO WAY we could eat them all, got over half a pizza in my fridge now - and we hardly made a dent in the delicious chocolate Creme Pie!

My lovely neighbour, Len, made me a bracelet out of paracord ...... bet you would NEVER guess what colour he made it too! Thanks Len, it's brilliant.






On to the crafting ..... I bought some U.S.sized card blanks - don't use a lot of these C7/A2 size but they seemed to fit the bill and, as I seem to be in a bit of a Christmas card rut this past few days, got cracking ..... thus proving that today is no exception!


My Christmas lights card full of twinkle and glitter!

And a closer view of the bling, which (because of the glass beads
in the glitter gel) is textured too

And the insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • White A2 card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 9½ x 13cm and 10 x 13½cm panels of white card, the larger panel coloured around the edge using Distress Ink in picked raspberry
  • Close to my Heart "string of lights" image (from their D1163 Holly Jolly set, recently acquired at the Violette's garage sale) stamped multiple times (to form the "string" of lights) using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Distress Inks: picked raspberry, twisted citron, salty ocean, mustard seed used (water colour style) to colour
  • Platinum stickles used as colour for the light fitting itself and stardust stickles to highlight the cable
  • Faber Castell glass bead glitter gel applied with a paintbrush to the lights to give them added twinkle - you gotta wash the brush sharpish once you're done though otherwise you will get a twinkly stick!!!
  • Penny Black sentiment (from the brushed pine set)

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 20 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Hiding in my craft room - challenge No. 222 - ANY HOLIDAY
  3. PolkaDoodles - challenge No. 43 - ADD SPARKLE, BLING or GLITTER
  4. Merry Monday - challenge No. 177 - CHRISTMAS LIGHTS AND GLITTER

I have also been very taken with the SUPER CAS sketch over at Simply Less Is More and this will be my FOURTH entry!!! I once made SEVEN for LIM challenge (but I think that was a PURPLE challenge - go figure, but the DT DARED me to make one a day for the week and I'm no quitter!) but I find I often make more than one for this funky challenge and this sketch is super fun and I JUST so happened to have a (new) set of the perfect stamps in the Holiday Silhouette set. This one's a little similar to my last entry but it's such a fab sketch and set of stamps I couldn't resist and I hope they'll forgive me!


My card

And a closer view of the bling - not my best attempt at photography, I'll admit!

And the insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • White A2 card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two 9½ x 13cm and one 10 x 13½cm white card panels, the larger one coloured with a red alcohol marker
  • Inkadinkado mantel image (from their Holiday Silhouette set) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Platinum stickles used to highlight the bows and candle light, stardust stickles to highlight the swaggers and green stickles to highlight the holly
  • Inkadinkado mini sentiment (from their 98782 Greetings set) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 169 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Simply Paper Craft for all occasions - challenge No. 16 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 247 - SKETCH - see below




I've a masculine THANK YOU card to make (bet you can't guess who it would be for then, can you?), so you might even see this sketch deployed yet again!

Have a fab Tuesday peeps

21 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Good gracious! There certain does seem to have been a "creative bender" in progress. Loving that bracelet. How kind of your neighbour to think of you! It's pretty hip and trendy, I must say. Impressive! If only you weren't so far away I'd nip over and help out with the pizza - yum

Loving your Crimble cards. You really are cracking on a-pace. At this rate you'll be sorted for this year AND next :oD

Have a great day mate.

Lx

SARN said...

TWO more fab festive makes today Kathy.

Great colour bracelet. How kind of Len to make it for you.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

Lovely gift and well done on getting so many crimble/lim cards done! x

Creations by Shirl said...

Lovely CAS cards, love the sparkly ornaments...Thanks for sharing it with us over at Brown Sugar Challenge!

Lilian said...

I love the bracelet Kathy.
The cards are great.
Hope you get your one a day cards finished Kathy,
Hugs
lilian

Barb said...

Two great cards Kathy. I love those Christmas lights. They're the kind we used to have on my Nan's tree when I was a child. Love the purple bracelet. What a lovely neighbour. Barbxx

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at HIMCR, good luck!!! Amy DT

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love your sparkly Christmas lights, Kathy! And a great use of the LIM sketch! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Chasing the Dream said...

Super fun and cute. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Brown Sugar Challenge. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
brownsugarchallenge.

Anna said...

Very cute... love it!
Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge!
Anna Dt

Rose said...

Lovely CAS cards. Thanks for joining us at LPCF.
Rose DT x

Wendy said...

So cute & colorful, Kathy! That string of glittery lights is perfect!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

KimCreate said...

Very pretty card using the brightly colored Christmas lights! Thanks for joining Merry Monday this week.
Kim-Guest Designer

Anne said...

You're really on a roll Kathy, another fab creation from you - and what a gorgeous braclet from your friend!
Thank you for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

I think you like this sketch Kathy!
You are certainly sharing some superb cards using it.
Love both of these here especially all the glittery sparkle.
thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous cards Kathy, I love this great layouts. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Anjie said...

Fab makes. Thanks for joining us in our add bling or glitter challenge at Polkadoodles
Anjie (DT)

Chrissie said...

Wow Kathy this sketch has really got your juices flowing this week!
This is another super one
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Susangail Powell said...

Such beautiful cards! I love that you did the inside and the envelopes too!

Neets B said...

Wow, and they just keep coming Kathy! Another fab use of our sketch, love that Christmas image.
Thanks for sharing another with us.
Anita x
Less is More

applejack cards by sue said...

A really sweet card. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Simply Papercraft. Sue DT xx