Saturday, 3 October 2015

Saturday and it's challenge day at the Purple Palace ....

Hello readers, 

Yee Haa, it's the weekend! Got something nice planned?

Saturday's (particularly mornings) are usually challenge days for me and, since I have a new craft area in which to play, I can't see that changing anytime soon!

My card

And a close up to show the twinkle

And the inside and envelope to match

Materials used:

  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of card in white and purple
  • Sunshine Designs image stamped using Versamark ink and then heat embossed 
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment and frame stamped using Memento inks in tuxedo black and grape jelly, cut out and then m ounted using dimensional foam tape

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 244 - JEWEL COLOURS .... wouldn't you just KNOW I would go with a purple jewel - it's either amethyst or tanzanite!!!!
  2. Alphabet challenge - October - "Q" - "Q" for QUICK AND EASY
  3. Friday Mashup - challenge No. 228 - USE A SILHOUETTE or A BACKGROUND FILLED WITH COLOUR or BOTH

And, on a bit of a roll this week - must be my new (and still tidy) craft space!


My card

And a close up to show the sheen of the pan pastels

And the co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of card in white, black, silver mirri and 300gsm water colour paper
  • Brushos: white, turquoise, purple and black sprinkled on to a craft sheet, spritzed and then the watercolour paper "smooshed" through. I thought this first piece was too dark to stamp on - but, I'm not quitter and came up with this use instead!
  • Once dry I ran it through my Big Shot inside a Tim Holtz grungey circles embossing folder
  • I rubber Brilliance lightning black ink over the raised parts and then applied Pan Pastels in metallic gold, sealing with Crafters Spray and Shine
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment frame and sentiment stamped using Memento inks in tuxedo black and Paris dusk which I then cut out and matted on to another snippet of silver mirri card which I attached to the main panel using a crop-a-dile and two "screw head" brads.
  • Having the Stampers Anonymous grungey circles stamps made life SOOOO much easier as I simply stamped them on the insert and envelope using the Brilliance lightning black ink and stamping the sentiment in Memento Paris dusk ink

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. QKR Stampede - challenge No. 159 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Cute Card Thursday - challenge No. 393 - MASCULINE
  3. DRS Designs - challenge No. 194 - HEAVY METAL .... metallic mirri card, gold pan pastel and screw head brads!
  4. Crafting With Attitude - challenge No. 8 - ANYTHING GOES

Have a great weekend everyone.

21 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Totally LOVING your Saturday makes missus, a great LIM entry and the embossed circles card is fabby. Those Brusho colours worked so well and the added PanPastels are the perfect finish.

Seems your refurbed crafting space is working well !

Good luck with all your challenge entries.

See you in a few days' time

luv
wynneth
x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing makes for your challenges. I don't like to have favourites as a rule but I have to say I am loving your cogs card. It's just fabulous. Lx

Tammy said...

Stunning cards Kathy! I love the sparkle on your first card and I love how you've stamped the envelope too! Fabulous second card, the sheen is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

LesleyG said...

lovely purpleluscious cards! xxx

catherine said...

These are both fabulous projects kathy for your challenges. I love the cogs and those beautiful colours you have used
x catherine

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous cards xx Jan

Daen'Ys said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the second!
Thank you for your nice comment!
Rosi x

SARN said...

Both brilliant in their own ways. Partic partial to second card xxx

Chrissie said...

What fab cards Kathy, I really love that clover image with all its sparkle!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic cards Kathy, love the attention to detail always and stunning jewel colours. Just pipped to the post by Christine but great to see you in the line up so quick! thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Deb said...

Gorgeous cards and amazing stamping! love how you decorate inside and the envelope!
Many thanks for joining in our Masculine Challenge at Cute Card Thursday this week! Debx

Sid said...

Love your CAS crd !!

Lisa said...

Very nice card, thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup.

Amy Kunkle said...

Great card, thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup.

Leslie Miller said...

There's nothing like a new and tidy craft space to get you going! Fabulous cards. Really love the TH circles for a masculine card. Thanks for sharing with us at QKR Stampede!

Linby said...

Love your LIM sparkle so CAS. I like your cog card too, very effective.
Linbyx

nwilliams6 said...

Love the technique on the gold circle card! Wow - this looks awesome!!!! I see you won the DRS Designs Challenge - congrats and thanks for playing!!!!

Susan said...

Wow...great cards, Kathy! You've made good use of your Saturday craft time! I love that you always decorate your envelopes to match your cards...I need to try that sometime!

Neets B said...

Sorry for the week late comment, Kathy! I love the amethyst shimmer, so pretty and fabulous white space too. So glad you are happy in your new craft space, I'm so envious!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Pat said...

Beautiful Quick and Easy card, thanks for joining in our challenge at Alphabet.

Pat xx

crafty-stamper said...

Love the CAS card -but fabulous embossed one looks brilliant----Thank you for joining us at Crafting With An Attitude
Carol DT x