Thursday, 15 October 2015

Thursday and .... I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaack, did you miss me?

Morning and welcome to Thursday,

Apologies for my absence in and around blogland .... two reasons for this:- 1) I broke the cable for uploading my photos and its replacement only arrived yesterday afternoon and 2) I've had a nasty cold! I've been soothing my throat with visits to the nearest Dairy Queen!

Now THAT's what I call a banana split!

And this? A strawberry topped waffle cone sundae - DELISH!

Despite the lack of means to upload photos, I've still been crafting and taking pix so I've a couple of makes to share with you today, here comes the first one, made with a prize won recently from Stampotique .... thanks peeps!


My card

It's matching inside

Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card snippets and black card, for matting
  • Stampotique "Moth Fab" image stamped on to one of the snippets using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Pro markers to colour
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
  • Distress Ink mini's:picked raspberry, salty ocean, mustard seed
  • Recollections splatter image stamped randomly using Tsukineko neon inks
  • Matted on to black and then again on to a white snippet which had been coloured using blossom pro marker
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment box stamped on to a white card snippet using Distress Ink picked raspberry and then the sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink

I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:-
  1. Addicted to Stamps and more - challenge No. 166 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. I Love Pro Markers - challenge No. 290 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 81 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Craft your Passion - challenge No. 283 - ANYTHING GOES

And then I pinched a stamp that my crafting buddy, Wynneth, bought and beat her to using it too! Sorry mate!


My card

A closer view of the image panel

The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of white card and black card, for matting
  • Distress Ink in picked raspberry and barn door applied with a Tim Holtz blending tool with a foam pad.
  • Penny Black "Adorned with love" image stamped using the barn door ink and also Memento tuxedo black (inside and on the envelope)
  • Faber Castell big white stamping pen used to highlight the image and also decorate the matted layer
  • Stardust stickles for further highlighting
  • My Sentiments Exactly sentiment stamped (inside) using Memento tuxedo black ink

I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:-
  1. Paper Minutes - challenge No. 104 - GLITTER
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - October 13th - 19th - ANYTHING GOES
  3. A Snowflakes Promise - challenge No. 7 - ANYTHING GOES/CHRISTMAS or WINTER THEMED
  4. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra - October challenge - ANYTHING GOES
And then on to a cute little ATC using stamps "borrowed" from my crafting pal, Wynneth ...




Materials used:-
  • ATC blank
  • Snippets of card in black and white
  • Stampers Anonymous mini robots set (No. 4) stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour, including the background
  • Stampotique bar code image stamped using Tsukineko neon pink ink
  • Impression Obsession sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink ... if only that set included the word "earthlings"!
  • Faber Castell big stampers pen (in white) used to decorate the black border
  • Stardust stickles used to edge the image panel and add sparkle - robots without sparkle? NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Been snagging a little new stash too!


Some shopping from Michaels and HobbyLobby and a delivery
from Stamplorations


Have a great Thursday

12 comments:

SARN said...

And she's BACK! Yippee . . . missed you.

LOVING the look of your new stash especially the Stamplorations GOOD TIMES quotes . . . great looking fonts.

Not surprised you nabbed Wynneth's Adorned with Love stamp . . .that truly is fabulous! Love what you did with it. And the cute ATC too.

Moth Fab card . . . LOVE the background!LOL!

Sorry you've had to suffer a cold, but hope you feel better soon.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wotcha matey. Good to see you again. What a fabulous array of goodies you have to share with us today. I can see you've been busy. Love that little robot stamp. I can quite see why you HAD to have a little turn of that. Great to see the lovely MothFab deployed so wondrously and haven't you got some fabulous new stash to play with.

As for the ice creams... That's the best medicine I've ever seen. Hope the throat was suitably soothed and you're soon fighting fit.

As you were...

Lx

Barb said...

Sorry to hear you've not been well Kathy. But it does sound as if you've been spoiling yourself which alwys seems to help.

Two lovely cards from you and a super ATC too. I love the Stampotique stamp that you won. She's a smasher. I have a couple of friends I swap stamps and dies with too - as if we didn't all have enough anyway!

Great new stash there. I'm waiting to see what you have in mind for the palette knives. Barbxx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Welcome back Kathy . . . and yes, you were missed! Oh, my, that certainly IS a Banana Split! And that yummy Sundae . . . Mmmm, bliss! Unfortunately I'm on a diet in readiness for Christmas and all I am seeing lately is pictures of scrummy food, my step-daughter just sent me a picture of a Tesco bar of peanut butter chocolate (that she says tastes exactly like my favourite Reese's Peanut Butter Cups) and now these bad boys . . . 'Get thee behind me Satan!' ;) Have a lovely day! Hazel xx

Heather said...

A bunch of fabulous cards! That stamp (borrowed from your friend) is very pretty and I love the subtle look of it stamped on the red with a bit of sparkle. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

LesleyG said...

Missed you, fab cards, new stash looks VERY exciting, ice cream yum, hope you're feelingLOTS better xxx

Patricia Alvarez said...

Great set of cards. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!!

Michelle said...

All of them are great. But I like how you did the background of the first one.
Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
Hope we see you again and good luck.
xxx Michelle (DT)

Tanja said...

love your fun birthday card - thanks so much for playing along at ATSM

Mary Smith said...

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Best Regards, Mary

TTCRD DT
Thyme To Create {My Blog}

cm said...

Oh my...what a trio of absolutely marvelous cards you've created! The first, especially, catches my eye, as do the photos of your yummy DQ treats! Thank you for sharing your fabulous design in the ATSM gallery!
~c

Wei Wei Wang said...

Stunning set of cards! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.