I have recently been admiring the work of a fellow crafter and was even lucky enough to receive a card from her, which was gorgeous. I couldn't stop myself and CASe-d the card she mailed to me. Who is the talented crafter that inspired me? LOLL - see her work here .... Loll's been using and experimenting with Inka Gold a lot lately. I don't have any but you can see my own humble offering below, though I had to substitute pan pastels for Inka Gold but I think they stood in admirably.
|And a closer view of the shine|
- 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- Snippet of 300gsm water colour card
- Brusho's: yellow, orange and scarlet sprinkled on to a craft mat, spritzed with water and then the water colour card "smooshed" through it.
- Once dried I ran the panel through my big shot inside the swirls embossing folder.
- Then I tapped Versamark ink over the raised areas before applying gold metallic pan pastel over it which I then set with Crafters Companion Spray and Shine which had the added benefit of protecting the water based brusho's
- I matted my panel on black linen effect DCWV paper using dimensional foam tape
- Stampers Anonymous sentiment and border stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
And there you have it .... my twist on Loll's fabulous work - wanna see the card I CASe'd? Look at the GORGEOUS sheen on her card - do check out her blog if you have a moment, it won't be time wasted!
Since I shamelessly CASE'd Loll's design, even down to the colours used!, I won't be entering this for any challenges but hope you like it anyway and thanks for stopping by.
And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday I shall share a pic, just to show you that there really isn't a whole lot going on there!
|Looks like I'm THINKING about a card!!!|