Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Welcome to the first What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday of OCTOBER ...

Morning peeps,

So, remind me again where the year is going? I seem to have blinked and it's nearly Christmas!

I have recently been admiring the work of a fellow crafter and was even lucky enough to receive a card from her, which was gorgeous. I couldn't stop myself and CASe-d the card she mailed to me. Who is the talented crafter that inspired me? LOLL - see her work here .... Loll's been using and experimenting with Inka Gold a lot lately. I don't have any but you can see my own humble offering below, though I had to substitute pan pastels for Inka Gold but I think they stood in admirably.



My card


And a closer view of the shine

Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippet of 300gsm water colour card
  • Brusho's: yellow, orange and scarlet sprinkled on to a craft mat, spritzed with water and then the water colour card "smooshed" through it.
  • Once dried I ran the panel through my big shot inside the swirls embossing folder.
  • Then I tapped Versamark ink over the raised areas before applying gold metallic pan pastel over it which I then set with Crafters Companion Spray and Shine which had the added benefit of protecting the water based brusho's
  • I matted my panel on black linen effect DCWV paper using dimensional foam tape
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment and border stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink

And there you have it .... my twist on Loll's fabulous work - wanna see the card I CASe'd? Look at the GORGEOUS sheen on her card - do check out her blog if you have a moment, it won't be time wasted!


 
LOLL's card, not my own

Since I shamelessly CASE'd Loll's design, even down to the colours used!, I won't be entering this for any challenges but hope you like it anyway and thanks for stopping by.

And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday I shall share a pic, just to show you that there really isn't a whole lot going on there!



Looks like I'm THINKING about a card!!!

Have a great week, don't worry, I think you'll find that it will soon be the weekend!

8 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Gorgeous cards, both. Great to see your work desk is back in action and fully operational matey. Lx

Barb said...

Hi Kathy, Your cards look great. That is one of my favourite embossing folders and I love those beautiful rich colours. The pan pastel works perfectly. With all that lovely shine it's photographed really well. I'm just off out but will visit Lol when I get home. Barbxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Kathy, since the shine on the original doesn't really show up on my screen, I think your interpretation is just as good! Your desk looks rather tidy too, are you sure you are there in the UK, and not in America? Still don't understand how you can work on that tiny corner.

Di said...

Is there anything you won't have a go at Kathy? Fabulous take on Loll's card - I've been looking at that Inca stuff too :) But you managed beautifully without!

Hugs

Di xx

SARN said...

Wow .. . fab case. . . lush card gorgeous colours xxx

catherine said...

I think you are just determined kathy to keep that new craft area clean and tidy for as long as possible!!
Love the card and the orange and gold together
x catherine

scrappyjacky said...

Another one with a lovely autumn feel to it.

Loll said...

Hi Kathy. First of all, thank you so much for the shout out ... I'm so happy you like the card I sent. :)

You did an amazing job. I had no idea that pan pastels would substitute for the inka gold ... it turned out perfectly. I have just had a "first try" using pan pastels a few weeks back when a friend came over to play and she brought a big set. I didn't get a chance to use the metallic ones, but now I need to get my hands on them! :) Thanks for enabling me. :)

Your craft are looks pretty neat and tidy. xx